Who carries a Canik

Discussion section for Everyday Carry items, Preparedness and Self Defense, including Knives, Packs, Filtration Systems, Bushcraft, etc.
ncjw

Re: Who carries a Canik

Post by ncjw » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:52 pm

Yes, model 25.

It may be that the LH models are $17 and the RH are $26 (but out right now).

The SFX fit with the Venom. I assume that Elite Combats will as well.
0 x

silverstateshooter
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by silverstateshooter » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:58 pm

I carry my SFL everyday in a black arch holster. I want an elite for EDC and would probably carry it AIWB. I am not the largest person by any stretch of the imagination. 6' 145lbs 32/32 pants and it conceals perfectly fine. I usually wear it at around 3-4 o'clock. I havent ever tried AIWB with it because I dont have a proper holster, but I also cant imagine it being comfortable with my body type.
1 x
TP9SFL, BlackArch Ace-1 Gen2 IWB Holster
TP40v2, holster coming soon
TP9SF Elite (One Series), SMC Canik Appendix Carry Holster

tat2ed_guy

Post by tat2ed_guy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:56 pm

I havent been able to carry mine yet as I am in the Navy and underway. I got my holster in the mail the day before getting underway. It will for sure be one of my EDC. Washington state is an open carry state so I dont have to worry about what im really wearing. I normally carry either my 1911 or my G19. I took the hit ($80) on a holster from RedX Gear and I am not disapointed in any way. In my opinion well worth the $$. Even with the charging handle attached it sits perfect and doesnt hit my side.
0 x

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Post by higgybaby » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:43 pm

Whith this new sub compact Elite about to hit the market?......I suspect Canik carry to rise a little- maybe a lot!
1 x

qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by qballbandit » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:13 pm

Taking my CCW in April, and the thought was to carry my Elite. DA also fits in the holster, but I like the shorter Elite grip - and I shoot it with a higher degree of accuracy and confidence.
But, I agree with you higgybaby, the new compact Elite will find it's way pretty quickly into my rotation, I'm sure!

Neil 8-)
0 x
"Train Smart, Train Often, And Train Safe"

ranviper

Post by ranviper » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:26 pm

I carry my TP9SF Elite every day in a legacy firearms appendix holster. Even comfy with my dad bod.
0 x

Mr Jo Smo

Post by Mr Jo Smo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:55 am

#1: Get a good belt. Wide (1.5" or 1.75"), strong, lock mechanism as a belt buckle. I avoid the classic belt buckles. A great belt is the Nexbelt Titan. Locks tight with a ratchet system and thru a push of a small button it can be loosened up a notch. Example: when you sit down at a restaurant or a movie. Also consider the 5.11 tactical belts
#2: Get a holster that is tight to the body (if you are OWB) and latches to the belt with hoops. I avoid paddles as it wobbles and hangs and adds distance from your body. See RedX holsters at redxgear.com
#3: The holster needs to securely locked/hold the weapon and covers the trigger. Avoid the nylons. Especially my TP9SFX that only has a safety in the trigger. I, like most say you should, carry locked and loaded. One in the chamber.
#4: I always wear a T shirt tucked in under my loose casual shirt. Keeps the gun and holster off my skin and my sweat off of my equipment.
Hope this helps
0 x

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:47 pm

I am using Elite Combat for EDC . In summer undershirt appendix carry , in winter in hips belt carry. Just little problem in appendix carry seat somewhere or drive car.
0 x

Steve

Post by Steve » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:45 pm

That number 25 fits my M&P 9, Sigma 40. Glock P80 clones and M&P 45 also fit with the rail spring removed, does'nt hurt the retention. If you are running a light on your guns check out the Blackhawk Omnivore, they fit over 100 different makes.
0 x

no2gates

Post by no2gates » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:05 pm

Most of the time I carry an XDS, but when I go to Walmart or places like that, I want some more rounds, so I carry my TP9 SF Elite.
0 x

rbdcab

Post by rbdcab » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:53 am

I do. With a light jacket I carry inside waist band with the elite. Summer time with only shirts I carry the taurus g2c.
0 x