What features would you want on a new Canik model?

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
mattlauck

Re: What features would you want on a new Canik model?

Post by mattlauck » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:49 pm

I am CCW/home defense minded, so no range toy/comp features for me.

Would love to see them throw their hat into the new micro-compact market.

The 365 and Hellcat need some company.

While I love to shoot both my Elite and Elite SC, neither has been a joy to carry on my small 5'3 135lb frame.

I know it's not supposed to be 'comfortable' to carry, it is supposed to be 'comforting', but I do envy the guns that are 1 inch wide.

While I know the trade off for size reduction can be shootability, I would like to see Canik try and tackle the problem. (While the 365xl feels great in my hand and is better to carry, I shoot poorly with it.)

--
Would love to see them reissue the Stingray C! (I do want this as a range toy)

---
As for 'new' models in existing line...

Plus one for having optics cut on the Elite SC! Like it or not, red dots are the future and the choice to go micro optic for a 'carry' gun is the right choice for me.
(just got my Holoson 507k after MONTHS being out of stock)

I love the inclusion of both the Raised Tactile loaded chamber indicator AND the Tactile Cocked Striker indicator!
Please keep them!

--The lights are out, you hear the front door crash in and you can instantly FEEL
the status of your weapon instantly.
Very few handguns have this and I believe it to be a great piece of mind.

1) I wish the Cocked Striker indicator was a bit more tactile.
2) I wish Canik would quit pretending their sights were not useless for CCW/home defense. Put on some real night sights with Tritium.
0 x

powder burner

Re: What features would you want on a new Canik model?

Post by powder burner » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:59 am

I would like to see a trigger with less takeup, like a Freedomsmith. Shouldn't be any more expensive to produce. Just keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot, as you do now.
0 x