It was dang hot, my shooting was not!

Discussion for Competition Shooting.
oldfrank

It was dang hot, my shooting was not!

Post by oldfrank » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:24 pm

First outdoor match since all this madness started. I helped set it up on Saturday and since it was very hot and we were expecting a small crowd we decided to not use any pneumatic movers and just run everything static and add more steel! We did use two cars to shoot around, thankfully not from inside.
I also ran a squad as a SO so that adds to the difficulty of shooting well buit it is a volunteer sport.
I shot SFX with a Burris FF3. In GADPA I can shoot it in Concealed carry class as long as I wear a cover garment! Gun performed flawlessly as usual!

Very first stage was the shoot house and I was the first shooter. I made my way through petty good and got good hits until the very last target. It had a non threat tucked up pretty tight under it, something our club is known for putting an emphasis on accuracy. I put one through the very top of the good guy's head for a 10 second penalty!
Another stage I made it through the whole stage on an 18 round magazine which is max for Concealed Carry! After hitting six pieces of steel while retreating, I shot all the regular targets while moving which seemed to be the best option! Last target I put one in the head and went dry. I felt the shot was good and we do not have a minimum required shot so I elected to be done. Somehow I missed that head and got 15 points down.
Not my best day but dang it was hot. 90 and phone weather said feels like 97. I finished 3 out of 11 in my division and 19 out of 36 overall. I usually do a little better than that but I have no one to blame but me. I still had fun, bunch of friends on the squad and we did a bunch of laughing!
3 x

Jester560
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: It was dang hot, my shooting was not!

Post by Jester560 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:28 pm

Sounds like you had fun no matter how you shot. That is the most important thing.

But....where is the video??
0 x
"When you come to the fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra

Ben W.

Post by Ben W. » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:43 pm

Those no-shoots oughta duck!!! Glad you had fun!!
0 x

oldfrank

Post by oldfrank » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:31 pm

A friend of mine actually videoed me shooting the kneeling stage. He used his phone and it looks jittery.

I have never had a self filming camera myself, thought about it but never did anything about it.
0 x