New P365....Sucks!

Discussion Section for All Off Topics Subjects.
extremist

geokr084 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:22 pm The Sig instructions were clear about identifying to FedEx that it contained a firearm and the label showed right on top that the addressee was Sig Sauer. Just tryin’ to cooperate and graduate. What do you think would have happened if the package had been sniffed by a dog and alerted?
Nothing.
James Lenaburg, Firearms consulting and Instruction.
TX DPS Certified LTC Instructor
IDPA CSO, CDP/ESP/SSP/CCP/BUG EX, REV SS
USPSA CRO, LIM,SS,CO,Production - C Class, PCC B Class
NRA Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Range Officer
geokr084

Got my Sig back, very fast turnaround, and the armorer’s report said it met all factory specs. Took it to the range yesterday and no difference, scratchiest trigger I’ve ever pulled. The range had a new one for sale so I asked if I could try the trigger. Exactly the same. So far three competitive shooters have tried it and agree. Very disappointing. So, I’ll keep it around for home defense and maybe CC but it’s not going back to the range again. No fun to shoot in any regard, certainly not in comparison to my SFx.
extremist

geokr084 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:10 pm Got my Sig back, very fast turnaround, and the armorer’s report said it met all factory specs. Took it to the range yesterday and no difference, scratchiest trigger I’ve ever pulled. The range had a new one for sale so I asked if I could try the trigger. Exactly the same. So far three competitive shooters have tried it and agree. Very disappointing. So, I’ll keep it around for home defense and maybe CC but it’s not going back to the range again. No fun to shoot in any regard, certainly not in comparison to my SFx.
Sell it, you are never going to be happy with it. I'll give you $300 for it. :lol:
James Lenaburg, Firearms consulting and Instruction.
TX DPS Certified LTC Instructor
IDPA CSO, CDP/ESP/SSP/CCP/BUG EX, REV SS
USPSA CRO, LIM,SS,CO,Production - C Class, PCC B Class
NRA Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Range Officer
qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

I understand your frustration, but - Sell it instead of stating "not going back to the range again", "and maybe a CC".....best always be practicing Dry Fire and Live Fire with your CC gun. ;-)

Neil 8-)
"I fear not the man who's practiced one thousand kicks once, I fear the man who's practiced one kick a thousand times" Bruce Lee
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO/PPITH/PPOTH
loonybin

geokr084 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:10 pm Got my Sig back, very fast turnaround, and the armorer’s report said it met all factory specs. Took it to the range yesterday and no difference, scratchiest trigger I’ve ever pulled. The range had a new one for sale so I asked if I could try the trigger. Exactly the same. So far three competitive shooters have tried it and agree. Very disappointing. So, I’ll keep it around for home defense and maybe CC but it’s not going back to the range again. No fun to shoot in any regard, certainly not in comparison to my SFx.
I put a M*Carbo trigger spring kit in it along with a flat trigger, and it changed the gun dramatically. As far as comparing it to a Canik trigger... duh! No factory trigger on a sub/micro-compact will feel that good. Shoot it plenty to be proficient with it before you decide to carry it or use it for home defense, and if you aren't going to shoot it, don't carry it for CCW!
deserttrans
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Sorry to hear of your issues with the P365. Only issue I had is the magazines were really stiff to load at first. Mine works great and is EDC.
lewmed

It's kind of strange that such a crappy firearm would be the best selling CC pistol in the USA for 2 years in a row. I will admit mine went back to Sig twice before I was happy with it but not because of the trigger. The striker cover plate kept slipping down when I would rapid fire mine. The most accurate ammo in mine has been Speer 124gr +p gold dots I can keep a full magazine in a 3" circle at 10 yards and after a good break in the trigger is fine. The 365 isn't soft shooting but also not any worse than my Sig p938 or my CZ Rami.
One1

geokr084 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:26 pm I’ll just use it as a CCW. Or sell it. Not fun on the range.
As in...... as intended? You just said a micro is not fun at the range and you’ll be forced to use as a CC. I.....just..... ok, ok. Sounds like a plan.
Elite SC (Lt Dan)
SFx (The Giraffe)
mcwvu

I've got a Sig P365XL not a regular 365, but right out of the box, the grip was odd. I also have a P938, and crazy enough, the grip on the XL felt smaller than the 938. I don't exactly have huge paws (large sized glove), but I didn't have enough room on the grip of the XL for my support hand to feel comfortable. After talking with some friends who have a mix of P365s and XLs, one suggested adding a Hogue grip sleeve (https://www.hogueinc.com/handgun-grips/sig-sauer-grips). Adding the Hogue grip sleeve was like night and day. It added just the right amount of extra width/depth to the grip that I now have perfect purchase of my support hand. Well worth the $12. That doesn't help with your trigger issue, but it might with the grip.
higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

I put that Hogue grip on my 365 and it does make a difference. Of course I already liked the way the gun fit my hand.