New P365....Sucks!

Discussion Section for All Off Topics Subjects.
geokr084

New P365....Sucks!

Post by geokr084 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:26 pm

Picked up my new P365 from the FFL at the range today and ran around 125 rounds through it. Totally disappointed. Worst piece I’ve ever had in my hand and very surprising given Sig Sauer’s reputation. After putting preset pressure on the trigger it would stop 2-3 times as I pulled steadily. Very scratchy, more than any other weapon I’ve ever fired. Let the highly experienced RSO try it and he agreed. It’s going back for a new trigger before I fire it again. Hard to get a good grip but I guess that’s what you get with a micro compact. Later I wanted to check if the trigger was oiled and couldn’t get the takedown lever to move, finally had to wedge a screwdriver into the frame to get it to move. Oiled the trigger again but no improvement. The mag release is too far forward to easily release and is very stiff. And you have to jam the magazine in to get it to catch. The only positive thing I could say is that the iron sights were dead on. I bought an IWB holster for it this week and when it comes back from warranty repair I’ll just use it as a CCW. Or sell it. Not fun on the range. As a shooting experience my TP9SFx Canick is so much better in every way. Sooo....as a IWB CCW I think the Elite SC might be a better choice and, if it’s anything like my SFx, a whole lot more fun on the range, too. So, I’m comin’ home, baby!
1 x

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Re: New P365....Sucks!

Post by Badgerboy » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:31 pm

Wow, that surprises me. I read good things about the P365...
1 x
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:44 pm

Disappointing to hear. I handled one recently, thinking of adding one to my collection. However, after handling it, I just didn't care for it at all. I've never owned a Sig, and it looks like I wont be anytime soon.
0 x

Jester560
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jester560 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:48 pm

My wife carries one every day and it is nothing like that. The only complaint on hers is how stiff the action and mags were until broken in.

Very sorry to hear that you got a bum pistol!!
1 x
"When you come to the fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra

marvin02
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by marvin02 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:16 pm

I've shot the P365 and found it to be a very nice gun. It was a friend's and broken in. Sights were right on and it was easy to shoot. Sorry your experience was so bad.

Did you get the SAS model? I have read a few negative comments on that one.
1 x

gunn
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by gunn » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:37 pm

I could not get rid of mine fast enough.
0 x
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
45 ACP, Because short fat and slow will get the job done.

BentAero

Post by BentAero » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:07 pm

I suppose every make and model has lemons, but this is the first negative comment I've ever heard about a 365. I know three guys who each have one and they love them.

In all fairness, a small gun like that is going to be much harder to shoot than an SFx.

Did you attempt to clean it? Maybe some grit in the trigger linkage?
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:12 pm

I shot friends i didnt think it was that bad, but I went with CZ when i decided to get new carry subcompact and have no regrets.
0 x

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Post by higgybaby » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:58 am

Well......it is a little different than most. It is a bear to begin with, but does limber up with a little use.
I ordered a couple of 12 round mags for mine- they make all the difference in the world. I can get a full grip now. Yes it is a rough shooter- but it is a small gun and not a 380.
You can switch out the grip frame module to the XL frame for about $45 if you prefer. But for me it was too easy to get the 12 round mags with the adapter- make the grip longer by about 1/2".
For most folks...the 365 XL is the better choice.

When I shot mine the first time I thought I made a mistake....just too rough, lots of recoil, and muzzle blast was a lot, and definitely a bich to take down.
But....once I got the 12 round mags with grip extensions it was much easier to handle. I actually like it. Oh....and the trigger on mine is great.
0 x

geokr084

Post by geokr084 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:36 am

I did oil it last night but the trigger is still move-stop-move-stop-move-stop all the way through a slow, steady pull, take up included. Sig was very helpful when I called this morning so good on them. I have to double box it along with the magazines and drive 35 miles to a FedEx main hub to send it because their drop off points can’t accept firearms. I’ll let you know how it goes when it comes back. In the mean time I’m going to enjoy my smooth, reliable SFx!
1 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator

Post by TL1000RSquid » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:25 pm

higgybaby wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:58 am
Well......it is a little different than most. It is a bear to begin with, but does limber up with a little use.
I ordered a couple of 12 round mags for mine- they make all the difference in the world. I can get a full grip now. Yes it is a rough shooter- but it is a small gun and not a 380.
You can switch out the grip frame module to the XL frame for about $45 if you prefer. But for me it was too easy to get the 12 round mags with the adapter- make the grip longer by about 1/2".
For most folks...the 365 XL is the better choice.

When I shot mine the first time I thought I made a mistake....just too rough, lots of recoil, and muzzle blast was a lot, and definitely a bich to take down.
But....once I got the 12 round mags with grip extensions it was much easier to handle. I actually like it. Oh....and the trigger on mine is great.
Might like the p10s it shoots a little softer and has a MUCH better trigger.
0 x

extremist

Post by extremist » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:54 pm

Everyone makes a bum pistol once in a while. My P365s (have 5) all run 100% have from day 1 round 1.

Carry mine everyday, as does my wife.

It is superb.
1 x
James Lenaburg, Firearms consulting and Instruction.
TX DPS Certified LTC Instructor
IDPA CSO, CDP/ESP/SSP/CCP/BUG EX, REV SS
USPSA CRO, LIM,SS,CO,Production - C Class, PCC B Class
NRA Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Range Officer

MK-24-

Post by MK-24- » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:41 am

marvin02 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:16 pm
Did you get the SAS model? I have read a few negative comments on that one.
I have the SAS model it is my CCW. The thing people complain about the most is the sights. They are nothing like your standard iron sights , it took me quite a bit of shooting with it to get it down. But now that I got it down I can shoot some pretty good groups with it.

But on another note every once in a while with any gun there tends to be some lemons that get past QC.
0 x

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Badgerboy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:10 pm

extremist wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:54 pm
Everyone makes a bum pistol once in a while. My P365s (have 5) all run 100% have from day 1 round 1.
Five? A nice guy would send a good one to geo to change his mind on the model. Then he could send his sour one to me. Hey, I am a problem solver. :idea:
2 x

geokr084

Post by geokr084 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:46 pm

Badgerboy wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:10 pm
extremist wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:54 pm
Five? A nice guy would send a good one to geo to change his mind on the model. Then he could send his sour one to me. Hey, I am a problem solver. :idea:
I’d take that deal! Speaking of sending weapons, I took my warranty return with the FedEx second day air label to the hub and they refused to accept it stating that firearms only go priority overnight. 35 miles up, 35 miles back. Talked to Sig and they insisted their contract with FedEx is for second day but after wrangling with them they made a “one time exception” and sent me an overnight label. 35 miles up, 35 miles back. Neither party would call each other to get it straightened out and I’m stuck in the middle. After 140 miles of driving it’s finally on it’s way and I’ll update you in a few weeks when it gets back. That is, after another 35 miles up, 35 miles back to pick it up. So far, not impressed with either the P365 or Sig Sauer Customer Service.
0 x

loonybin

Post by loonybin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:20 pm

The first time I shot a P365, my grouping was terrible. 3X the size of groups I shot with my Shield with an Apex Carry kit installed. The trigger was a little mushier than I liked, but I was accustomed to my Apex trigger.

Then I shot my uncle's P365, with a flat trigger from the P365XL and a Hogue HandAll grip sleeve. My groups were better than my Shield! I traded my Shield and have not been disappointed. I put the flat trigger in, a trigger spring kit and pinky extensions on the 10rd mag (and got a 12rd mag). I can put a full magazine into a 3" hole at 7yds with it, firing about 1rd per second. It takes some getting used to, but then, it's a subcompact pistol with a smaller grip and shorter barrel.
1 x

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Badgerboy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:38 pm

geokr084 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:46 pm
I’d take that deal! Speaking of sending weapons, I took my warranty return with the FedEx second day air label to the hub and they refused to accept it stating that firearms only go priority overnight. 35 miles up, 35 miles back. Talked to Sig and they insisted their contract with FedEx is for second day but after wrangling with them they made a “one time exception” and sent me an overnight label. 35 miles up, 35 miles back. Neither party would call each other to get it straightened out and I’m stuck in the middle. After 140 miles of driving it’s finally on it’s way and I’ll update you in a few weeks when it gets back. That is, after another 35 miles up, 35 miles back to pick it up. So far, not impressed with either the P365 or Sig Sauer Customer Service.
[/quote]

Make sure you get gas at a Speedway station...I own stock in Marathon Petroleum... :d
1 x

extremist

Post by extremist » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:07 pm

Badgerboy wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:38 pm
geokr084 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:46 pm
Make sure you get gas at a Speedway station...I own stock in Marathon Petroleum... :d
[/quote]

NEVER tell UPS or FEDEX what's in the box. None of their business. Firearms going back to manufacturer for repair should be discreetly marked (Look at your label, it didn't say SIG Sauer on it did it?)
I've never been asked what's in the box of a pre-paid label. NEVER. Take it to the counter, ask for a receipt, out the door.

I've never had an issue.
1 x
James Lenaburg, Firearms consulting and Instruction.
TX DPS Certified LTC Instructor
IDPA CSO, CDP/ESP/SSP/CCP/BUG EX, REV SS
USPSA CRO, LIM,SS,CO,Production - C Class, PCC B Class
NRA Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Range Officer

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator

Post by TL1000RSquid » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:10 pm

Its machine parts. Perfectly true just not specific.
0 x

geokr084

Post by geokr084 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:22 pm

The Sig instructions were clear about identifying to FedEx that it contained a firearm and the label showed right on top that the addressee was Sig Sauer. Just tryin’ to cooperate and graduate. What do you think would have happened if the package had been sniffed by a dog and alerted?
0 x