Shooting gloves

General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
Jester560
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Shooting gloves

Post by Jester560 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:33 pm

Who uses them and what kind are you using, would you recommend?

I have noticed, since the weather has warmed, that it is harder to maintain a good grips on my pistol even with heavy grit grip tape on it. I am looking for a pair of gloves to maybe help the issue.
0 x
"When you come to the fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Re: Shooting gloves

Post by TL1000RSquid » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:10 pm

Nothing fancy here just mechanix gloves.

Not as much of a sweat/grip issue here in summer as holy shit the gun got hot sitting on my tailgate in the texas sun.
1 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Post by GlennSFX » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:18 pm

I don't like gloves at all!!!! I've tried a few in the cold weather and just don't like not having the "feel" of the gun with them. For matches I just keep my hands in my jacket pockets with hand warmers. No issues taking them out to shoot or paste holes.

In the summer I use Pro Grip. Stuff works great!!! Since I put the silicon carbide on the grip, I only use it on my support hand and on top of the fingers on my strong hand.

https://benstoegerproshop.com/pro-grip- ... e-2-fl-oz/
1 x

Lgaam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 080

Post by Lgaam » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:18 am

I've had Mechanix gloves, and will probably get another pair sometime. Right now, I've got a few pairs of the Harbor Freight Mechanix knockoffs floating around. Works well enough, and they're all black, so work doesn't object to them. They're a bit thinner, and after a couple of drills, I can tell the handguard on my AR pistol is getting hot.
1 x

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:43 am

in Riding motorcyle and shooting i am using gloves everytime. My hands gets easily wet and i feel loosing grip. Espeacilly after i start with Olympic shooting i start to search best gloves may could give human skin feeling.

I found these gloves from UK. I really recommed it. Mac Wet doesnt like tactical gloves. They are very thin and like human skin. You can feel the trigger and it is suitable for Summer also. Worth it the money. It may looks like to you Golf Gloves . But it is not. There is hand size chart and you have to pick excatly according to instruction. I think they are available in Ebay also

https://www.macwet.com/

0 x

FrankW
Founding Member #: 013

Post by FrankW » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:36 am

Hi zeda3000,

Thanks for the information about MacWet gloves. Do you use the short wrist or the long wrist? They are also available from Amazon.

Frank
0 x

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:20 pm

FrankW wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:36 am
Hi zeda3000,

Thanks for the information about MacWet gloves. Do you use the short wrist or the long wrist? They are also available from Amazon.

Frank
Hi Frank

I am using wrist model , it feel more secure. But i just notice , i cant use watch with long wrist. Watch and wrist scotch overlap each other. Please consider it. If you like use watch , prefer short wrist.
1 x

grammontS
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by grammontS » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:29 pm

I love the sandpaper Talon Grips , you're hand isn't slipping off of this stuff.
0 x

Steve

Post by Steve » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:51 pm

Condor
1 x