Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Discussion Section for All Off Topics Subjects.
User avatar
Janik
Staff Member
Posts: 2591
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:59 pm
Founding Member #: 001
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by Janik » Fri May 22, 2020 8:24 pm

Anyone have anything fun and exciting planned for the weekend? I'm probably going to work on some gun stuff I've been neglecting, and probably shoot the crap out of my steel targets. Thankfully here in Iowa we never completely shut down, and most things are open now. Gun ranges never shut down so it didn't hinder my ability to get out and get some trigger therapy. Anyway, just curious what everyone has planned for this weekend.
0 x

User avatar
Jester560
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:00 am

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by Jester560 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:38 pm

I will be headed to the range tomorrow with the wife unit and Sunday, I have an all day'r planned fishing with my son. Monday will be just a other Monday.
1 x
"When you come to the fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra

themist
Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:39 pm

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by themist » Fri May 22, 2020 9:26 pm

Since my wife is travelling for work for the weekend, I will be in charge of not allowing my toddler do anything destructive lol. During her naps I plan on finishing cleaning my SFX, installing the Sprinco kit that comes in tomorrow, and then playing around with a few of the dry-fire target apps since I purchased a dry-fire laser round. If anyone uses iTarget, Laserhit, or G-sights phone app, I would love to hear some feedback.
1 x

User avatar
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Posts: 2533
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:17 am
Founding Member #: 7599
Location: Louisiana

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 am

Sunday will be our 1st USPSA match since lock-down.

Being retired X2, every day is a holiday.
1 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image Image Image

User avatar
higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 810
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:05 pm
Founding Member #: 015
Location: Mobile, Alabama

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by higgybaby » Sat May 23, 2020 8:46 am

Daughter and granddaughter coming over to visit today. First time we have seen them in a while.
1 x

User avatar
Ghostwolf308
Staff Member
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:26 pm
Founding Member #: 002

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by Ghostwolf308 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:24 am

Recouping from a bad battle with a kidney stone. Maybe cleaning my gun room and trying to organize it some. If im feeling better sunday probably meet up with a buddy at the range and rest again monday
1 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by Tejas Products » Sat May 23, 2020 1:13 pm

Heading out shopping motor homes
1 x
NRA Pistol Instructor / RSO
Manufacturer of firearm accessories

User avatar
Janik
Staff Member
Posts: 2591
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:59 pm
Founding Member #: 001
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by Janik » Sat May 23, 2020 1:29 pm

Ghostwolf308 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:24 am
Recouping from a bad battle with a kidney stone. Maybe cleaning my gun room and trying to organize it some. If im feeling better sunday probably meet up with a buddy at the range and rest again monday
Crap, I've been trying to get you to the range for a long time. What range are you going to Sunday? We're going to be at Princeton.
0 x

User avatar
Janik
Staff Member
Posts: 2591
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:59 pm
Founding Member #: 001
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by Janik » Sat May 23, 2020 1:29 pm

Tejas Products wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:13 pm
Heading out shopping motor homes
Have fun. I'm enjoying a 3 day weekend not working on them.
1 x

User avatar
Ghostwolf308
Staff Member
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:26 pm
Founding Member #: 002

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by Ghostwolf308 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:49 pm

Janik wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:29 pm

Crap, I've been trying to get you to the range for a long time. What range are you going to Sunday? We're going to be at Princeton.
Princeton with you lol
0 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by Tejas Products » Sat May 23, 2020 7:34 pm

Janik wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:29 pm
Tejas Products wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:13 pm
Heading out shopping motor homes
Have fun. I'm enjoying a 3 day weekend not working on them.
I thought about you when we were heading out. And to my pocketbooks chagrin we were quite successful. Left here at 10am, just got back home a 7:30pm. 2019 Winnebago Motor home.
1 x
NRA Pistol Instructor / RSO
Manufacturer of firearm accessories

User avatar
Janik
Staff Member
Posts: 2591
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:59 pm
Founding Member #: 001
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by Janik » Sat May 23, 2020 8:10 pm

Tejas Products wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:34 pm
Janik wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:29 pm
Tejas Products wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:13 pm
Heading out shopping motor homes
Have fun. I'm enjoying a 3 day weekend not working on them.
I thought about you when we were heading out. And to my pocketbooks chagrin we were quite successful. Left here at 10am, just got back home a 7:30pm. 2019 Winnebago Motor home.
Congrats on the new motor home.
0 x

colonel00
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 967
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by colonel00 » Sun May 24, 2020 1:50 pm

Took the new camper out for a couple days. Just had a primitive site (no electricity) so got to use the solar panels. Worked out well but apparently summer decided to show up so after two days of sweating we came home. On the bright side, the wife is now fully onboard for getting a generator that can run the AC :D

Image
2 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by Tejas Products » Sun May 24, 2020 3:05 pm

colonel00 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:50 pm
Took the new camper out for a couple days. Just had a primitive site (no electricity) so got to use the solar panels. Worked out well but apparently summer decided to show up so after two days of sweating we came home. On the bright side, the wife is now fully onboard for getting a generator that can run the AC :D
That’s a pretty darned swift setup you got there.
0 x
NRA Pistol Instructor / RSO
Manufacturer of firearm accessories

colonel00
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 967
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by colonel00 » Sun May 24, 2020 3:13 pm

Tejas Products wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:05 pm
colonel00 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:50 pm
Took the new camper out for a couple days. Just had a primitive site (no electricity) so got to use the solar panels. Worked out well but apparently summer decided to show up so after two days of sweating we came home. On the bright side, the wife is now fully onboard for getting a generator that can run the AC :D
That’s a pretty darned swift setup you got there.
Thanks. We love it a lot. It expands the space quite a bit with the awnings and the room at the back. With the little pullout kitchen and 12v fridge/freezer we can cook quite a bit. We've ordered a portable hot water heater that comes with a shower and sink setup so we'll have a shower room on the other side of the tent room.
0 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by Tejas Products » Sun May 24, 2020 4:24 pm

colonel00 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:13 pm
Tejas Products wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:05 pm
colonel00 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:50 pm
Took the new camper out for a couple days. Just had a primitive site (no electricity) so got to use the solar panels. Worked out well but apparently summer decided to show up so after two days of sweating we came home. On the bright side, the wife is now fully onboard for getting a generator that can run the AC :D
That’s a pretty darned swift setup you got there.
Thanks. We love it a lot. It expands the space quite a bit with the awnings and the room at the back. With the little pullout kitchen and 12v fridge/freezer we can cook quite a bit. We've ordered a portable hot water heater that comes with a shower and sink setup so we'll have a shower room on the other side of the tent room.
I’m all about Glamping. Tent camped for years. Bought a pop up and used that for 1 year. Then we got a Jayco 30’ bumper pull, used that for about 5 years until we sold it last year. Realized that we missed camping and got our first Motorhome yesterday.

We sold all of our camping supplies with the trailer, so I get to do it all over again. Which honestly is fun. Now I know what to and what not to buy. I’m even thinking about canceling our local cable provider and move to dish network so we can chill and watch our favorite shows.
1 x
NRA Pistol Instructor / RSO
Manufacturer of firearm accessories

colonel00
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 967
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by colonel00 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:58 pm

We still like camping and use tents often. However, here in the Midwest, as you know in the south, the weather just becomes the suck. We just wanted a comfortable place to sleep or ride out a storm and then the rest of the time we are still out and about.
0 x

Smitty504
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:28 pm

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by Smitty504 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:49 pm

Janik wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:24 pm
Anyone have anything fun and exciting planned for the weekend? I'm probably going to work on some gun stuff I've been neglecting, and probably shoot the crap out of my steel targets. Thankfully here in Iowa we never completely shut down, and most things are open now. Gun ranges never shut down so it didn't hinder my ability to get out and get some trigger therapy. Anyway, just curious what everyone has planned for this weekend.
Or shooting brand new 2x4 posts for steel targets. I would never do such a thing :lol:
2 x

BentAero
Member
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:11 pm

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by BentAero » Sun May 24, 2020 8:38 pm

No big actual Holiday weekend plans, but on a Covid-related note... One of my buddies owns two vacation rental homes in a big complex in Myrtle Beach. In late April when rumor went out that SC was going to relax business restrictions, I called him up and asked if people had been cancelling reservations. I snagged the week ending yesterday. (He later told me that by May 3 he was booked through August)

This photo is from mid-day Friday. I kid you not, there had to be 50,000 people on that beach. As far as you could see in both directions (easily 2 miles to the north) it was wall-to-wall people -and it was only Friday! So much for 'social distancing'.

Image
1 x

User avatar
Janik
Staff Member
Posts: 2591
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:59 pm
Founding Member #: 001
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Re: Memorial Weekend, any big plans?

Post by Janik » Sun May 24, 2020 9:22 pm

Smitty504 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:49 pm
Or shooting brand new 2x4 posts for steel targets. I would never do such a thing :lol:
I can't believe how many bullet holes they had in them when I unloaded them from the car. :(( :(( :-D
0 x

Post Reply