Best Guess!

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
#1gunnutin cntrl Fla
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Best Guess!

Post by #1gunnutin cntrl Fla » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:37 pm

I need some advice on my sfx.The trigger pull from box was #5.11.I installed the fat daddy 2 trigger which brought pull down to #4.13.Since all the gun ranges closed for this pandemic stuff,I installed a glock reduced power spring in safety plunger and installed ghost 4.5.lb striker spring.But can't get access to a trigger pull gauge.Can anybody give me a good.guess what installing those.springs would bring the trigger weight down to?Still has factory trigger spring and rsa.I see alot [f you went with the 6.5 lb striker spring,did I go too low with the 4.5 lb?
0 x

Jester560
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Best Guess!

Post by Jester560 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:41 pm

I have the Pro trigger, Galloway return spring, Galloway safety plunger spring and 6.5 Glock striker spring and mine is just over 3 lbs.
0 x
"When you come to the fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra

#1gunnutin cntrl Fla
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by #1gunnutin cntrl Fla » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:52 pm

I didn't do the return spring so I am hoping somewhere between 3.5 and 4 lbs ideally.Doing dry fire it doesn't feel too light but even the stock trigger was so good I was guessing the weight was about 4lbs out of the box not the 5.11 it said on gauge.Haven't been able.to shoot it I just hope that 4.5 lb striker spring isnt too low.Thanks for the input.
1 x

ncjw
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ncjw » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:33 pm

Did you polish all of the friction points on the trigger bar and plunger? Smoother can be better than lighter.
0 x

#1gunnutin cntrl Fla
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by #1gunnutin cntrl Fla » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:41 pm

The gun came with a little.polishing done by canik,but yes I did smooth out trigger bar and safety plunger and hole the plunger sits in with 1500 grit paper and.polished it all with some mothers polish and a dremel.
0 x