What is your preferred way to conceal and carry?

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: What is your preferred way to conceal and carry?

Post by qballbandit » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:57 pm

Honestly, statistics prove that it's all relative - Appendix carry is no more inherently dangerous than any other position. It absolutely gets more press when a negligent discharge occurs, and the numbers of people who carry in this position are fewer, but the incidents are no higher in that number range vs. the masses who carry elsewhere.
2 x
"Train Smart, Train Often, And Train Safe"

JohnWick

Post by JohnWick » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:33 am

AIWB. Watch the Texas church shooting video. 4 oclocker couldn't draw fast enough and it cost him his life. Despite practice, under stress it's still more awkward and telling to draw. YMMV but I won't risk it.
1 x

JohnWick

Post by JohnWick » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:43 am

97octane wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:39 am
I've been appendix carrying a full size TP9SA for over two years. It's the only place I can conceal that weapon and not have to finger f*** my cover garment all day like at four o clock (where I used to carry) to make sure its concealed and have it smack against everydamnthing in it's way. Not to mention the weapon is THE most secure there against a gun grab, I mean no one besides your wife/children should be aware of that weapon, let alone see you concealing it and attempt to steal it (which does happen) plus, there is the very real fact that in an actual violent encounter, it is very possible and likely that someone will get hands on you before you can even get that gun out, and when you actually practice fighting off someone who's trying to f*** you up while drawing a gun DURING that fight, appendix is simply the most secure and accessible. It is also the fastest draw and easiest to draw from a variety of positions like sitting, laying down, crouching, on you're side etc. I will say it's not for everyone. If you are not absolutely, %100 confident in you're safe weapon handling skills, DO NOT appendix carry. I had to become a better and safer shooter before I could comfortably appendix carry, but I needed to fix my shit no matter where I chose to carry, and I needed to lose some weight around the midsection as well to make it more practical. I have reholstered a loaded weapon appendix hundreds of times as well as many others as long as my ability to safely handle my firearms is continually practiced, so saying "don't want to shoot my dick off" shows me that your not confident you could safely reholster that firearm without setting it off, and I would say that's a software and not a hardware issue, demonstrated by AIWB becoming increasingly more popular amongst professionals as well as civilians that just dont shoot their dicks off. I do know it's defintely not for everyone for other reasons but don't make excuses for poor habits. I used to and I fixed it so I know.
^This 100%!
3 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Post by GlennSFX » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:03 am

4-5 o clock with a White Hat IWB is most comfortable for me. Besides, my "45" up front wouldn't appreciate having a "9" staring down at him!!! :D
1 x