Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
User avatar
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Posts: 1227
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Founding Member #: 007
Location: Texas

Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by TL1000RSquid » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:01 pm

Anyone score anything good? I didnt buy too much this year, picked up a case of s&b 124gr 9mm, 2.5x PA prism red dot for $130, 5 more PSA AK-V/Scorpion 35rd mags, and 5 magpul Scorpion mags, and got a couple more olights.
Came close to buying a 24 gun safe from Tractor Supply for $299 but reviews seemed like 50% of them were damaged coming out of the box and the electronic lock fails alot so I ended up passing on it.
2 x

colonel00
Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by colonel00 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:35 pm

Not too much gun-wise or deal wise. I do have a barrel, gas tube and bcg coming my way for the second upper (300BLK) in my matched AR set. Also picked up some Pmags for $8 a piece. Might as well buy as many of those as I can along with ammo.

I did get an Olight PL Pro cuz I didn't have a black one yet :)

My big score was a Battleborn 12V 100Ah Lithium battery for my soon to be purchased camper. They are silly expensive but the deal was $150 off of the normal $950. Buy once, cry once right?
0 x

User avatar
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Posts: 1227
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Founding Member #: 007
Location: Texas

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by TL1000RSquid » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:45 pm

colonel00 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:35 pm
Not too much gun-wise or deal wise. I do have a barrel, gas tube and bcg coming my way for the second upper (300BLK) in my matched AR set. Also picked up some Pmags for $8 a piece. Might as well buy as many of those as I can along with ammo.

I did get an Olight PL Pro cuz I didn't have a black one yet :)

My big score was a Battleborn 12V 100Ah Lithium battery for my soon to be purchased camper. They are silly expensive but the deal was $150 off of the normal $950. Buy once, cry once right?
Nice. I still have 2 brand new NiB BCG's left from like 2 black fridays ago from AIM. I was eyeing lightweight Toolcraft BCG's on black friday but passed on them.

Sounds like a good deal on that battery. Actually I should of been looking for car battery deals need one for the Taco OEM died and put one in from friends wrecked f150 but OEM tie downs dont fit it I got it bungee'd in there.
0 x

User avatar
Janik
Staff Member
Posts: 1970
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:59 pm
Founding Member #: 001
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by Janik » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:34 am

No guns, but I finally purchased some portable steel targets to take to the range. Hoping they are here this week so I can try them out this weekend.
0 x

ncjw
Member
Posts: 870
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by ncjw » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:10 am

TL1000RSquid wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:45 pm
colonel00 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:35 pm
Not too much gun-wise or deal wise. I do have a barrel, gas tube and bcg coming my way for the second upper (300BLK) in my matched AR set. Also picked up some Pmags for $8 a piece. Might as well buy as many of those as I can along with ammo.

I did get an Olight PL Pro cuz I didn't have a black one yet :)

My big score was a Battleborn 12V 100Ah Lithium battery for my soon to be purchased camper. They are silly expensive but the deal was $150 off of the normal $950. Buy once, cry once right?
Nice. I still have 2 brand new NiB BCG's left from like 2 black fridays ago from AIM. I was eyeing lightweight Toolcraft BCG's on black friday but passed on them.

Sounds like a good deal on that battery. Actually I should of been looking for car battery deals need one for the Taco OEM died and put one in from friends wrecked f150 but OEM tie downs dont fit it I got it bungee'd in there.
I got an Odin AR10 forend for less than half price ($99).

FWIW, I have had absolutely no problems with Toolcraft BCG's.

https://www.armorally.com/product-categ ... =toolcraft
0 x

User avatar
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Posts: 1787
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:17 am
Founding Member #: 7599
Location: Louisiana

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:47 am

CMC 3.5 lb. trigger for M&P AR
500 rds of Fenix 9mm 147 gr
SEAL 1 CLP PLUS 4 OZ Paste Gun Care X2
new safety glasses
(2) Grunt Style tee-shirts
various items for grandkids at the Mrs. request (non-shooting related) :YMSIGH:

index finger waved over the ENTER key several times on firearms but, I held off
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

Bigmaico
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:50 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by Bigmaico » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:04 am

TLR 1000 Squid,

Save that S&B Brass it’s great to reload, if you don’t reload you can trade it for a few boxes of loaded ammo.
0 x

colonel00
Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by colonel00 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:31 am

ncjw wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:10 am

I got an Odin AR10 forend for less than half price ($99).

FWIW, I have had absolutely no problems with Toolcraft BCG's.

https://www.armorally.com/product-categ ... =toolcraft
Yup, Toolcraft is what I have coming and my go to as well. Never had an issue with them and reasonably priced.
0 x

User avatar
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Posts: 1227
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Founding Member #: 007
Location: Texas

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by TL1000RSquid » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:19 pm

colonel00 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:31 am
ncjw wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:10 am

I got an Odin AR10 forend for less than half price ($99).

FWIW, I have had absolutely no problems with Toolcraft BCG's.

https://www.armorally.com/product-categ ... =toolcraft
Yup, Toolcraft is what I have coming and my go to as well. Never had an issue with them and reasonably priced.
Yeah I know they're good stuff just decided against buying cause I still have 2 brand new never put in a rifle nickel boron BCG's, and I think 1 or 2 PSA like new take offs.
0 x

colonel00
Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by colonel00 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:24 pm

Send extra BCG's here please :) I'll trade you for an assortment of upper and lower parts. It's sad but I went through all my extra stuff the other day and all I need is a set of takedown/pivot pins, and an upper and lower receivers and I can put together a complete AR... Oh, I guess I need one of those little c-clips for the dust cover bar as that thing shot off into the unknown when I removed it.
0 x

User avatar
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Posts: 1227
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Founding Member #: 007
Location: Texas

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by TL1000RSquid » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:30 pm

colonel00 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:24 pm
Send extra BCG's here please :) I'll trade you for an assortment of upper and lower parts. It's sad but I went through all my extra stuff the other day and all I need is a set of takedown/pivot pins, and an upper and lower receivers and I can put together a complete AR... Oh, I guess I need one of those little c-clips for the dust cover bar as that thing shot off into the unknown when I removed it.
Pretty sure if I had 2 barrels I could throw together 2 complete ar's right now. I do need another upper though I want to build 20" A2 but I dont have an A2 receiver.
0 x

ncjw
Member
Posts: 870
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by ncjw » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:38 pm

Yeah...I am a stripped lower away from a extra 223 or Grendel. Could just build the uppers but really don't need them.

Also, this is not scientific but the Nickel Boron BCG's sure feel slicker than ... (fill in your own horribly inappropriate metaphor here...).
0 x

User avatar
keltex78
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:05 pm
Founding Member #: 1616
Location: Texas

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by keltex78 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:30 pm

Local Atwood's was advertising Anderson stripped lowers for $39.99 so I tried to snag one of those... "Just sold the last one."

Got a rain check though, and they have more on order, so maybe I'll be able to get my hands on one next week.

Now, looking for a good resource for a first-time build walkthrough...
0 x
(*) Buy a couple of boxes of 124 gr. WWB NATO to break in the stiff RSA. Cheap, and shoots great in the Canik! (*)

colonel00
Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by colonel00 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:51 pm

keltex78 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:30 pm
Local Atwood's was advertising Anderson stripped lowers for $39.99 so I tried to snag one of those... "Just sold the last one."

Got a rain check though, and they have more on order, so maybe I'll be able to get my hands on one next week.

Now, looking for a good resource for a first-time build walkthrough...
It's actually pretty easy but there are some tricks. For instance, getting that pivot pin spring and detent in can be a pain. Also the roll pin for the bolt catch can be a challenge. Other than that, just make sure the hammer spring on your fire control group is properly oriented and you should be good to go. Depending on how many you may want to build, you'd be wise to get some good tools like a good set of roll pin punches and roll pin starters. Once you have the hang of it and the proper tools, it takes 15 minutes or less.

If you want, once you are ready, start your own thread on it and I'm sure there are a few here that can offer plenty of help.
1 x

User avatar
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Posts: 1227
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Founding Member #: 007
Location: Texas

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by TL1000RSquid » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:14 pm

colonel00 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:51 pm
keltex78 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:30 pm
Local Atwood's was advertising Anderson stripped lowers for $39.99 so I tried to snag one of those... "Just sold the last one."

Got a rain check though, and they have more on order, so maybe I'll be able to get my hands on one next week.

Now, looking for a good resource for a first-time build walkthrough...
It's actually pretty easy but there are some tricks. For instance, getting that pivot pin spring and detent in can be a pain. Also the roll pin for the bolt catch can be a challenge. Other than that, just make sure the hammer spring on your fire control group is properly oriented and you should be good to go. Depending on how many you may want to build, you'd be wise to get some good tools like a good set of roll pin punches and roll pin starters. Once you have the hang of it and the proper tools, it takes 15 minutes or less.

If you want, once you are ready, start your own thread on it and I'm sure there are a few here that can offer plenty of help.
Bolt catch roll pin gets me everytime, want to know which lowers I bought complete and which i put together check the bolt release easy to see which ones i did :)

Plenty of assembly walkthroughs on youtube.
0 x

colonel00
Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by colonel00 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:55 pm

TL1000RSquid wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:14 pm
colonel00 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:51 pm
keltex78 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:30 pm
Local Atwood's was advertising Anderson stripped lowers for $39.99 so I tried to snag one of those... "Just sold the last one."

Got a rain check though, and they have more on order, so maybe I'll be able to get my hands on one next week.

Now, looking for a good resource for a first-time build walkthrough...
It's actually pretty easy but there are some tricks. For instance, getting that pivot pin spring and detent in can be a pain. Also the roll pin for the bolt catch can be a challenge. Other than that, just make sure the hammer spring on your fire control group is properly oriented and you should be good to go. Depending on how many you may want to build, you'd be wise to get some good tools like a good set of roll pin punches and roll pin starters. Once you have the hang of it and the proper tools, it takes 15 minutes or less.

If you want, once you are ready, start your own thread on it and I'm sure there are a few here that can offer plenty of help.
Bolt catch roll pin gets me everytime, want to know which lowers I bought complete and which i put together check the bolt release easy to see which ones i did :)

Plenty of assembly walkthroughs on youtube.
That's why I love the Aero M4E1 lowers that have a threaded pin that just screws in there. However, putting down some masking tape in the areas that you could potential mar and using a roll pin starter punch really makes it pretty simple.

Another trick is to tap the hole on the rear of the lower where the safety detent and spring goes and use a tiny 4-40 x 1/8" set screw to hold it in. I used to always forget about that spring when I'd take a buffer tube off.
0 x

Lthrnck1775
Member
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by Lthrnck1775 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:06 am

colonel00 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:51 pm
keltex78 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:30 pm
Local Atwood's was advertising Anderson stripped lowers for $39.99 so I tried to snag one of those... "Just sold the last one."

Got a rain check though, and they have more on order, so maybe I'll be able to get my hands on one next week.

Now, looking for a good resource for a first-time build walkthrough...
It's actually pretty easy but there are some tricks. For instance, getting that pivot pin spring and detent in can be a pain. Also the roll pin for the bolt catch can be a challenge. Other than that, just make sure the hammer spring on your fire control group is properly oriented and you should be good to go. Depending on how many you may want to build, you'd be wise to get some good tools like a good set of roll pin punches and roll pin starters. Once you have the hang of it and the proper tools, it takes 15 minutes or less.

If you want, once you are ready, start your own thread on it and I'm sure there are a few here that can offer plenty of help.
I've build a few.... most important: Work in a CLEAN?CLUTTER FREE ENVIRONMENT (so you can find the tiny pins/springs when you launch or drop them....lol) I would say the barrel mounting was the most intricate part (anti-seize grease does NOT come off the anodized upper if sloppily applied! ) And getting it torqued on right. I did both delta ring and a free float handguards.

Trying to keep your costs down is hard, there's TOO many options...haha Just barrel choices alone! What length, what profile, what twist rate (depends on ammo you plan to shoot). ANY opinion on twist rate is bound to start a lively discussion! (Ford vs Chevy)

There's a ton of video help out there... nothing on the AR is very difficult to assemble, but there are tricks to make it easier. Right tools is important too.
0 x

SSGNDoc
Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:43 pm
Founding Member #: 004

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by SSGNDoc » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:32 pm

Two things. Jack and Doodley.
0 x

User avatar
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Posts: 1227
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Founding Member #: 007
Location: Texas

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by TL1000RSquid » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:24 pm

colonel00 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:55 pm
TL1000RSquid wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:14 pm
colonel00 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:51 pm


It's actually pretty easy but there are some tricks. For instance, getting that pivot pin spring and detent in can be a pain. Also the roll pin for the bolt catch can be a challenge. Other than that, just make sure the hammer spring on your fire control group is properly oriented and you should be good to go. Depending on how many you may want to build, you'd be wise to get some good tools like a good set of roll pin punches and roll pin starters. Once you have the hang of it and the proper tools, it takes 15 minutes or less.

If you want, once you are ready, start your own thread on it and I'm sure there are a few here that can offer plenty of help.
Bolt catch roll pin gets me everytime, want to know which lowers I bought complete and which i put together check the bolt release easy to see which ones i did :)

Plenty of assembly walkthroughs on youtube.
That's why I love the Aero M4E1 lowers that have a threaded pin that just screws in there. However, putting down some masking tape in the areas that you could potential mar and using a roll pin starter punch really makes it pretty simple.

Another trick is to tap the hole on the rear of the lower where the safety detent and spring goes and use a tiny 4-40 x 1/8" set screw to hold it in. I used to always forget about that spring when I'd take a buffer tube off.
Interesting will check out Aero if I need any more lowers but I already got a few PSA's and poverty ponies unassembled along with a couple 80's. I do masking tape if helping or assembling for someone else, if its mine whatever it ad's character its a tool as far as im concerned I dont cry when i scratch my sawzall. Yeah lost that detent spring first time i changed an AR stock. For first time builder would highly suggest not doing it in area with carpet.
0 x

colonel00
Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: Black Friday Cyber Monday hauls

Post by colonel00 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:04 am

I think PSA lowers are already tapped for the set screw at the back if I recall from some of mine. I had that wrong too. It isn't the safety detent and spring but rather the takedown pin detent and spring. If you go this route, you'll need to snip a bit of the spring off the equivalent length of the set screw
0 x

Post Reply