New SFx have a question.

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Fishinglink

New SFx have a question.

Post by Fishinglink » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:32 am

Recently purchased a TP9SFx and the holster that comes with it doesn’t match the paddle in the case. I bought it from Cabelas and in order for them to outfit the trigger locks (mandatory) they tape the holster shell to the case. Then I was seeing that there was a design change posted by some one here for the included holster. Cabelas has been zero help and have yet to get a response from century’s support email has not responded. Has anyone else received mismatched holsters recently? I know it’s not a great holster but it was a small selling point and since I didn’t notice until I got home I may be SOL. Thanks in advance. Cody.

Sorry no photo due to iPhone pics being too large.
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Re: New SFx have a question.

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:37 am

Welcome aboard the forum and congrats on you purchase.

Sorry to hear your having issues. Normally, Century Arms is pretty good about replying; how long has it been?
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

colonel00

Post by colonel00 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:15 am

Can you post some photos? That would be helpful to see what exactly you got.
0 x

ncjw

Post by ncjw » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:34 am

...and pics would definitely help. There has to be an app that can resize them.
0 x

deserttrans

Post by deserttrans » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:58 am

Send a pic, copy of your receipt, explain your issue and send it to Canik/Century and I bet they will take care of it.
0 x

Fishinglink

Post by Fishinglink » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:13 pm

Here’s a picture see the teeth on one half and dimples on the other. Also the rubber strap is not there. Been a week since I sent the email.
Attachments
135E72AD-D224-4A53-A60D-A95CCEBD9954.jpeg
135E72AD-D224-4A53-A60D-A95CCEBD9954.jpeg (67.15 KiB) Viewed 143 times
0 x

colonel00

Post by colonel00 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:22 pm

It looks like you have the correct shell but the paddle is from one of the newer/different holsters.

On the left is the holster and paddle that came from my SFX or DA and the right is from my Elite Combat.

1 x

colonel00

Post by colonel00 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:25 pm

Was this gun brand new or pre-owned? If it was new, I'm surprised that Cabela's doesn't seem to care as they obviously have swapped components and that means that one of their other Caniks is going to have the same issue presumably. If it was a new purchase then don't let Cabela's off the hook here. They sold you an incomplete product and need to make it right.

Long story short, and one I need to post on here at some point, but CaBass Pro tried to F me over on a gun safe. Essentially, they are selling the Liberty Fatboy Jr but the new models they have don't have all of the locking bars that their photos and descriptions show. I had to fight with them but eventually got the "real" safe at a severe discount.
0 x

Fishinglink

Post by Fishinglink » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:46 pm

I only called Cabelas haven’t had time to drive back over yet. Submitting my registration today to century. They only had 3 new caniks in stock so shouldn’t be hard to match the holster up. Yes this is a new gun. Date on case says 9-26-19. The paddle was in the case and did not appear to have been removed previously, just the shell was taped on the exterior. Thanks for the quick replies looks like based on the picture this may have been shipped with the newer design?
0 x

deserttrans

Post by deserttrans » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:57 pm

IMG_0710.jpg
IMG_0710.jpg (685.94 KiB) Viewed 131 times
This is the holster shipped, purchased in October.
0 x

Fishinglink

Post by Fishinglink » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:15 pm

Thanks for the pictures guys. After an hour at Cabelas armed with your pictures the situation is corrected. The first person I talked to claimed that’s how it shipped and have a nice day. So I got a little more direct and after 20mins in the back room he came back and told me the same thing. He also added that it was the only mismatch in all of their Caniks. So I posed the question of “So your employee selects the gun for me to purchase and that you have the accessories to correct the problem but I am stuck with a mismatched kit and inconvenience of having to contact the manufacturer to get the items as advertised?” That got the manager’s attention. Another 25 mins in the back room and I’ll be damned they found another canik with a mismatched holster. Now mind you they claim that they only had 3 in stock at the time I purchased. Looks like it’s time to start shopping elsewhere. Had a gift card so that kind of pushed this purchase to them.

Thanks again for the help.
2 x

colonel00

Post by colonel00 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:38 pm

Yeah, Cabela's has gone downhill fast. I thank Bass Pro as I have saved a ton of money that we used to spend at Cabela's. My store (Kansas City) still has a bargain cave but it's so lame and their "clearance" prices are a joke. Like $10 a $280 Sitka jacket. Just stopped in there recently and they have completely changed the interior and have a crap ton of Tracker boats right in the front of the store and all of the CaBass Pro branded clothing everywhere.
0 x

Fishinglink

Post by Fishinglink » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:19 pm

Forgot to mention that it is the newer holster design.
0 x

deserttrans

Post by deserttrans » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:54 pm

Glad you got it all sorted out. Back when they dropped the discount to veterans, even though now it has been reinstated.
I told them to keep their stuff and I would not return.
1 x