Range Trip 11-24-19 with DA, V2, SC, EC, Elite and CZ

Canik Firearm Reviews and Range Reports. Share your Canik experiences with other members.
Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Range Trip 11-24-19 with DA, V2, SC, EC, Elite and CZ

Post by Janik » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:58 am

Another chilly morning at the range with the Canik TP9V2, DA, Elite, Elite Combat, Elite SC and my CZ P07. As usual, everything ran flawlessly. I installed the Night Fision night sights on this Elite Combat earlier this week and wanted to make sure it was dialed in. I also put a @GallowayPrecision +2 base pad on one of my Promags that I've been running with my Caniks. If you've seen my other thread, so far the Promags have been holding up great without any issues. With the +2, I mixed it up and loaded it with 20, 15, and 10 rounds while shooting. I'm going to keep using the Promags almost exclusively till I get a failure. Today's session I went through 400 rounds, with about 300 of them in the Promags. The other 100 were through the Sub Compact mags. I used 3 different brands of ammo today, Winchester NATO 124gr, Remington LE training ammo that has NATO pressures and are 115gr, and Wolf steel case 115gr. No issues with any of them.

As for the Night Fision on the EC, excellent as usual. This one has the yellow ring on the front sight around the tritium, vs the orange ring I've typically been using on my other Caniks and CZ's. I'm liking it so far. I also am running a Galloway Precision 22lb steel guide rod in the EC as well. Anyway, another fun and uneventful day at the range. Everything ran flawlessly, and are always a pleasure to shoot.

Pictured in the middle is the Promag with the Galloway Precision +2.
IMG_2759s.jpg
IMG_2759s.jpg (272.2 KiB) Viewed 232 times
IMG_2762s.jpg
IMG_2762s.jpg (288.73 KiB) Viewed 232 times
1 x

zeda3000

Re: Range Trip 11-24-19 with DA, V2, SC, EC, Elite and CZ

Post by zeda3000 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:14 pm

Looks like Open Buffet , like it
1 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

Post by Tejas Products » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:51 pm

How different did you find them with and without the leather grips.
0 x
Beware of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:13 pm

Tejas Products wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:51 pm
How different did you find them with and without the leather grips.
I prefer with the leather grip. I find it a little more comfortable. I also like the Traction Grips, but the leather grip fills the hand a little more, and just seems more comfortable. I need to get some more when funds allow.
0 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

Post by Tejas Products » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:27 pm

I just started on Glock grips this week. I only have about 10 models ready but working on getting as many as I can. I’m glad that their still working good for you.
1 x
Beware of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

97octane

Post by 97octane » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:13 pm

What is the recoil impulse like on the Sub Compact compared to your mid and full size Caniks? Just wondering how snappy it is or if it’s still big enough to be fairly controllable
0 x

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:46 pm

97octane wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:13 pm
What is the recoil impulse like on the Sub Compact compared to your mid and full size Caniks? Just wondering how snappy it is or if it’s still big enough to be fairly controllable
It's not bad. A bit snappier than it's full size brother, which I guess the Elite is still considered a compact. But anyway, it's very manageable. It's about the same size as my EDC, the Walther P99c, so I'm used to shooting a firearm this size quite a bit. I haven't had it very long yet, but plan to put rounds through it every range trip. I also need to push the distance to test accuracy. But I'm waiting till I get another set of Night Fision night sights to put on it.
1 x

SemperFi1074

Post by SemperFi1074 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:27 pm

Good evening Sir! Can’t help but notice that you are a loyal supporter of Canik weapon platforms.

I have a TP9SF Elite, and it has been flawless in operation. Love the trigger on it, the accuracy delivered, and the handling overall of the weapon. This led me to purchase a Combat Elite and a TP9 Elite SC a few weeks ago. I have had some issues with the slide hesitating to return to battery on both weapons, and when that occurs the round loaded does not fire when the trigger is pulled and there is no primer strike. The first range trip I ran 100 rounds through each, mixed bag of CCI Blazer 124 grain, Winchester White box NATO 124 grain, GECO 115 grain, and some Remington 124 Golden Saber JHP. Didn’t pay much attention to the failures with specific ammo type, but had around 7-10 failures of this type with both weapons. I followed up with an email form on 11/26/2019 to Canik through their website, but have not received anything other than a confirmation email from this at this time.

A second range trip using only Winchester White Box NATO 124 grain ammo netted the same results as the first range trip. I had received feedback that the weapons needed hotter loads to operate the slide properly, and this type of ammo was recommended for better results. At least 10 failures on each weapon with 200 rounds fired through each. Ammo doesn’t seem to be the answer.

I write this background info to ask If you have experienced any similar failures with your Combat Elite or TP9 Elite SC? If you had or have, what steps have you taken to get this corrected? I noticed the internal in the frame, especially the locking block assembly, is “beefed up” compared to my TP9SF Elite, which has run flawlessly since the day I purchased it around 1000 rounds ago, not one failure.

Two other short questions:

Where and how do you register your Canik’s for warranty, and how has your experience been with Canik customer service?

Sorry for the long winded reply, ain’t a quick reply, but since Canik support is non-responsive at this time, thought I would reach out into the community. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and reply as you have the availability to do so.

Marc Gershman
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:45 am

SemperFi1074 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:27 pm
Where and how do you register your Canik’s for warranty
http://www.canikusa.com/support/registration/

"how has your experience been with Canik customer service?"
Most people rave about the customer service. Seeing as you contacted them on 26 NOV, they may have been short staffed due to Turkey Day (I'm guessing here).
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:05 am

SemperFi1074 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:27 pm
I write this background info to ask If you have experienced any similar failures with your Combat Elite or TP9 Elite SC?
I have not experienced these issues. Typically, I shoot a couple boxes of NATO first to loosen up the RSA, which is pretty stiff. But because of that, the complaint is usually the slide not locking to the rear after last round. I find that all my Caniks, regardless of model will shoot even the weakest factory loads. It's odd that you're getting the same failure with two different guns, and it's highly unusual. I would almost think it's your grip (limpwristing), but since you didn't have that issue with your Elite, it would be odd for you to develop with the EC or SC. And though I don't know your background, I'm guessing you have a good amount of experience with handguns. Send an email directly to support@centuryarms.com and see if you can get a faster reply. I know this time of year things are busy for companies, but hopefully you can get some assistance from them. Also, it wouldn't hurt to remove the striker assembly and clean it, along with the striker channel. I'm by no means an expert, just an enthusiast. But there are some guys on here who are very knowledgeable and I'm sure we can help you figure this out. Not sure how often @GlennSFX or @Weapon are on here lately, but those are two of the knowledgeable ones that come to mind quickly.
0 x