Discussion Section for Ammunition, Reloading and Handloading.
I'm running into an issue with my EGW 7 hole checker and acme 125gr rn coated. My overall length is set at 1.11 and the rounds are not seating fully into the checker. They appear to be getting hung up on the collar on the block. Any advice?
Have you changed bullets? the ogive radius could be different and cause that if I understood your issue correctly. Try them in your barrel do they drop in and fall out? I have some 124 Berrys that gage different from 2 gages and trust the L E Wilson as I have for years.
I have changed bullets. They pass the plunk test in my barrels no problem, but in the gauge the acme bullets are causing about 75% of the rim to stick out. The gauge worked fine with the RMR plated bullets that I was using. I've looked at the LE Wilson gauge, but I don't have the time for single hole sorting.
exactly what I thought there on the change bullets, still not sure but if I think what your saying is the new ogive is bottoming out and causing the case rim (Bottom) to stick out of the gage, things happen when changes are made, if you load is safe and your OAL is ok you good to go..
- INFORMATION AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- ↳ INFORMATION AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- ↳ NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS
- ↳ PROMOTIONS AND GIVEAWAYS
- CANIK FIREARM DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ CANIK (CENTURY & TRISTAR) GENERAL DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ CANIK MODIFICATIONS, UPGRADES & AFTERMARKET PRODUCT REVIEWS
- ↳ CANIK REVIEWS AND RANGE REPORTS
- ↳ CANIK TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION
- GENERAL FIREARM DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ GENERAL FIREARM DISCUSSIONS (Non-Canik)
- ↳ AMMUNITION & RELOADING DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ EDC (EVERYDAY CARRY) PREPARDNESS & SURVIVAL
- ↳ HOT DEALS ON GUNS & GEAR
- ↳ FREE FIRE ZONE
- COMPETITION, TRAINING AND RESOURCES
- ↳ COMPETITION: IDPA, IPSC, USPSA, 3-GUN DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ BASIC FIREARM & DEFENSIVE SKILLS, DRILLS & TRAINING
- ↳ UPCOMING COMPETITIONS & EVENTS
- SUPPORTING VENDORS
- ↳ Tejas Products
- ↳ LIMA CHARLIE USA
- ↳ Prepper Gun Shop
- ↳ Smoky Mountain Concealment
- ↳ Galloway Precision
- ↳ BUY-SELL-TRADE