9mm chamber checker

Discussion Section for Ammunition, Reloading and Handloading.
Offtrackjack

9mm chamber checker

Post by Offtrackjack » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:03 am

I'm running into an issue with my EGW 7 hole checker and acme 125gr rn coated. My overall length is set at 1.11 and the rounds are not seating fully into the checker. They appear to be getting hung up on the collar on the block. Any advice?
0 x

varmint

Re: 9mm chamber checker

Post by varmint » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:59 am

Have you changed bullets? the ogive radius could be different and cause that if I understood your issue correctly. Try them in your barrel do they drop in and fall out? I have some 124 Berrys that gage different from 2 gages and trust the L E Wilson as I have for years.
0 x

Offtrackjack

Post by Offtrackjack » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:52 pm

I have changed bullets. They pass the plunk test in my barrels no problem, but in the gauge the acme bullets are causing about 75% of the rim to stick out. The gauge worked fine with the RMR plated bullets that I was using. I've looked at the LE Wilson gauge, but I don't have the time for single hole sorting.
0 x

varmint

Post by varmint » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:36 pm

exactly what I thought there on the change bullets, still not sure but if I think what your saying is the new ogive is bottoming out and causing the case rim (Bottom) to stick out of the gage, things happen when changes are made, if you load is safe and your OAL is ok you good to go..
0 x