My New TP9SFx

Canik Firearm Reviews and Range Reports. Share your Canik experiences with other members.
gunn

My New TP9SFx

Post by gunn » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:38 pm

I originally bought my bride the SA, after she fired and fell in love with a friends SA. In fact we both like it a lot. I joined this forum to learn more about Caniks. After reading about the SFx and how once you shoot it changes your life etc. Well I expected it to be life altering. It is definitely not life altering. I guess If I had to sum it up in one word that word would probably be WOW. The way it feels, handles and shoots is amazing.

I took a USP, a 1911, the SA and a P365 out with it today. These are all good guns, IMHO. I also met up with 4 friends at the range. I let them shoot everything but held the two Caniks out until last. They were really impressed with the SA. Then I let them shoot the SFx. I think they were all gobsmacked!
You that own the SFx know of what I speak of. That pistol is impressive. One of my friends is a "Brand Snob". He did not say a word about it. All the others were praising it to high heaven. Even some by standers were getting into the fun. Three of the friends told me they were going to contact where I bought it from and order one. That was impressive. I mean we are all old timers with the youngest being 50. We have been around the block a few times. So for four out of five people to be that impressed is saying something about a pistol. I had put an ADE reflex sight on the SA and it worked really well. So for the SFx I took an ADE reflex sight off of my 458 SOCOM AR and put it on the SFx. I worked exceptionally well. The only draw back was my error by not putting lock tite on the threads.
At 25 yards all rounds could be covered by the palm of my hand. That is 75 feet! And when your eyes are 66 years old that is half way decent shooting. One of the friends (The Brand Snob) asked to take it over to an USPSA match being held at the range, I did not want it out of my sight. So we all went over to watch him compete with my pistol. It was not his best match, but it was in the top five! For it being a pistol he had never seen before today that is pretty good in my book. There has only been 300 rounds put through it but they were each and every round awesome.
My brand snob friend just called me as I type this to ask where I got the SFx from. He might order one for his wife. But there is only one small problem, his wife HATES guns.
I tried to down load a picture but was told it is to big.

2 x
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
45 ACP, Because short fat and slow will get the job done.

underlug

Re: My New TP9SFx

Post by underlug » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:34 pm

was told it is to big.

Isn't it wonderful when that happens?
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:31 am

You like it now, wait until you go some of the upgrades especially in regards to the trigger. The Freedomsmith trigger is worth the price of admission.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:33 am

underlug wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:34 pm
was told it is to big.
for what? CCW, yeah! 5.2 inches is hard to cover. As a range/competition gun bigger is better.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

RUT

Post by RUT » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:50 am

>>So for the SFx I took an ADE reflex sight off of my 458 SOCOM AR and put it on the SFx<<

I'm curious as to which of the included adapter plates you used for the ADE?
0 x

gunn

Post by gunn » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:45 pm

RUT wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:50 am
>>So for the SFx I took an ADE reflex sight off of my 458 SOCOM AR and put it on the SFx<<

I'm curious as to which of the included adapter plates you used for the ADE?
Number one same as for the Burris.

FYI, I have fired about 1000 rounds with the ADE on the SFx and before that about 200 rounds of 458 SOCOM. It is holding true.
0 x
Aut Pax Aut Bellum

gunn

Post by gunn » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:28 pm

I took it back out and decided to shoot exclusively NATO rounds. 300 Of them to be precise. Everytime I shoot this pistol it gets better. Two friends that shoot IDPA with me shot it also. The 115's stove piped but everything else was fantastic. And even the 115's stove piped less than they did the other day. I have not received the springs from Century yet. But as long as I stay with the heavier loads, it is great. I can not wait to shoot IDPA or USPSA with it.
1 x
Aut Pax Aut Bellum

JosephT251

Post by JosephT251 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:05 pm

What model ADE sight do you have?
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:11 pm

JosephT251 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:05 pm
FWIW, I have a thread somewhere here on the forum regarding an ADE that I purchased. It only lasted a few range sessions before it died on me. I got it for around $50 on Amazon, so I figured it was cheap enough to try. But unfortunately it didn't last.
0 x

JosephT251

Post by JosephT251 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:15 pm

Ok, thanks. I have been looking into Ade red dots. And most people enjoy them, but they don't last. Thanks.
1 x

gunn

Post by gunn » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:34 pm

I have three of them. I just bought them to see how long they would last my oldest one is about 8 months old. This one is the RDE-013. Cost about $80.00. And is the oldest, It has taken the beating of my 458 SOCOM and now my SFx and still holding up. So I will see.
Last edited by gunn on Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Aut Pax Aut Bellum

gunn

Post by gunn » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:50 pm

Janik wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:11 pm
JosephT251 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:05 pm
FWIW, I have a thread somewhere here on the forum regarding an ADE that I purchased. It only lasted a few range sessions before it died on me. I got it for around $50 on Amazon, so I figured it was cheap enough to try. But unfortunately it didn't last.
I could not find your thread. But, found someone else. I will just keep checking it out. This one has lasted under the treatment it has gotten longer than I thought it would. As these sights are kind of new to me. I tried a friends Vortex and I could not see through it at all. So when these fail. I will probably go to Burris.
0 x
Aut Pax Aut Bellum

gunn

Post by gunn » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:11 pm

I just was told that three more people ordered TP9SFx's in my group. In our group of 27 shooters there are going to be 7 SFx's, 3 TP9SA's. Canik herd is growing in Jefferson.
1 x
Aut Pax Aut Bellum

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:14 pm

gunn wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:11 pm
I just was told that three more people ordered TP9SFx's in my group. In our group of 27 shooters there are going to be 7 SFx's, 3 TP9SA's. Canik herd is growing in Jefferson.
Stop it! The prices will go up!
1 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

kramden

Post by kramden » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:04 am

Getting ready to order my first Canik. The TP9 SFX. I own a number of brands. Enjoy them all. Looking forward to the Canik.
1 x