Hello Canik Fanatic Members!

New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
Tejas Customs

Hello Canik Fanatic Members!

Post by Tejas Customs » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:14 am

Hello All!
Nice to be involved with really a great community that is committed to getting the most out of these really great pistols! After starting out as a custom automotive engine builder for many years I ended up in the IT world until I sold my software business last year to get back to my roots of all thing internal combustion (i.e. the gun world) :-D

Now that I am a retired relatively young guy, I'm starting a boutique gun business for customizing all things that go bang and want to get out and do some competitive shooting myself just for fun!

Iv'e built countless AR's for 3 gun competitive shooters as that is my wheelhouse but didn't think getting into the series 70 custom 1911s would be worth my time and learning curve for the pistol side of things.

However the FXS is such a good starting point for a race gun, I'm hoping with the help of you great members to get as familiar with the upgrades and mod's to give a customer (and myself) a serious 3 gun pistol for half the price of a custom 1911 or custom glock. I look forward to getting to know this great community and learning and sharing information!

BTW I do not like, nor build glocks... I just don't, can't even tell you why!

Best Regards from Houston TX...
1 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Re: Hello Canik Fanatic Members!

Post by Janik » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:46 am

Welcome to the forum.
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:59 am

Welcome aboard, Tejas!

Your in the right place. There are two extensive threads both lead by @Weapon , on changes and mods to the SFx.

It's a great gun to tweak and reconfigure. I keep a log book on it to make sure which config mine is in. I'm set up for Federal 150gr TSJ with a Holosun 507C right now. Going to hit a steel match Sunday.

Do you have a store front or a webpage?
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Post by Badgerboy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:33 am

Internal Combustion Engine = Controlled explosion to move things

Firearm = Internal Combustion Machine = Controlled explosion to move things

Ain't America Great? You have been able to choose your desired path of happiness and success. Congrats and Welcome to the forum, sir.
0 x
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?

Tejas Customs

Post by Tejas Customs » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:53 pm

Janik wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:46 am
Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the welcome Janik! As your profile is user #1 I'm guessing you started and manage the forum and I appreciate your commitment and time!
Best Regards
TC
1 x

Tejas Customs

Post by Tejas Customs » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:09 am

LT USN (Ret.) wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:59 am
Welcome aboard, Tejas!

Your in the right place. There are two extensive threads both lead by @Weapon , on changes and mods to the SFx.

It's a great gun to tweak and reconfigure. I keep a log book on it to make sure which config mine is in. I'm set up for Federal 150gr TSJ with a Holosun 507C right now. Going to hit a steel match Sunday.

Do you have a store front or a webpage?
Thanks for the welcome LT USN, and as always, thank you for your service! ^:)^
Yes @Weapon is how I found this forum and love the expertise and detail he puts into his posts and I learned more in an hour that I could of in weeks about the TP9 on my own.

I've got my first TP9SFX in the box and will shoot it stock before I dig into it so I have feel for the mod's before and after. I have fired a gun club members sfx with most of the mods already done and I was frankly blown away! Runs like a TPI 1911 race gun for a fraction of the price!

Good luck tomorrow on your steel match! Do you run heavy for cal 150's all the time or just to drop steel quick!

Oh BTW my website will be up early next year and I'll let all forum members know when it's live. I'm demoing some CNC machine options, fiber laser machines, and best of class Cerakote equipment to make a decision on shop gear before years end. Lots of $$$$ Glad I saved up for 20 years! :-D

I've owned two Vortex venom's and 1 trigicon RMR (like anybody can afford the RMR), only bought to build MOS plates!) but don't know much about the Holosun 507C. If you get time let me know your likes or dislikes.

Have a Sig romeo1 pistol red dot on the way for a friend with a Sig P320-M17 but understand its a proprietary mount for sig MOS only but it's under $220.00 msrp so hope it's half decent. I'll let you know if it's any good... If it is I'll engineer a plate to fit just about everything after a machine slide cut.

Alright brother nice to meet you!
Best Regards
David C.
Tejas Customs
0 x

Tejas Customs

Post by Tejas Customs » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:19 am

Badgerboy wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:33 am
Internal Combustion Engine = Controlled explosion to move things

Firearm = Internal Combustion Machine = Controlled explosion to move things

Ain't America Great? You have been able to choose your desired path of happiness and success. Congrats and Welcome to the forum, sir.
Thanks for the welcome Badgerboy! Glad you got my joke! Thanks for the great comments and wishes! :-D
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:56 am

Tejas Customs wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:09 am
Do you run heavy for cal 150's all the time or just to drop steel quick!
150gr TSJ are my go-to match day round be t steel or USPSA. Least recoil commercial round I have found.

My review of the Holosun 507C started here? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1641&hilit=507C#p16688
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

Bigmaico

Post by Bigmaico » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:34 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Just joined today my self & will be doing a new member intro in a few!

What part of Houston are you in?

I'm in Kingwood ( North East Houston)

Howard
0 x

Tejas Customs

Post by Tejas Customs » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Hi Howard!

I'm in S.W. Houston area. Maybe we can meet up for a range day sometime!
0 x

Tejas Customs

Post by Tejas Customs » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:20 am

Tejas Customs wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:20 pm
Hi Howard!

I'm in S.W. Houston area. Maybe we can meet up for a range day sometime!
Hey Howard!
Got your email with your shop info! Will defiantly make a trip up next chance I get!

If you get a chance to come into the galleria area I'll take you over to Boyert shooting center. Its a country club for gun enthusiasts! They sell annual memberships but not bad for walk-in's at $18 hr and if it's not busy they don't care about the time. Rapid fire allowed, anything up to to 7.62x39! Buy a T-Shirt for $12 then wear it to the range and fees are FREE every Tuesday! Guess when I go up every week :-D (And their cool on collecting brass)

I haven't tried it, but they have these insane virtual reality rooms with shooting scenarios unlike anything I've ever seen before. No live fire :evil: but guessing right out of LEO and military training!

If you like AR's my next trip will be Houston Shooting Center (Westheimer @ HWY 6) to site in 4 new builds.
Great outdoor range for rifle (50 to 600 meters). Could use a spotter and of course you can shoot what I bring and I'll spot for you too!

Was going to do it this weekend but DAMN how bout' them Astros dude! Think I'll wait a week when I'm not staying up half the night and getting a bit hugover! Good weather this time of year so no rush... :-D
0 x

Bigmaico

Post by Bigmaico » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:57 am

David<

Let me know if your going out to Houston shooting center, I have Sunday off & may join you!

Howard
0 x