New member from MA

New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
Thimblerigger

New member from MA

Post by Thimblerigger » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:15 am

Hello fanatiks,

I bought my first Canik 2 weeks ago. Here is the story.

I have been shooting for a little over 6 years. After catching the shooting bug I started looking into different action shooting competitions. I started with Steel Challenge, progressed to USPSA, and on into 3 gun. I own a modest amount of handguns, shotguns and rifles. I am always encouraging others to take up the sport, and one of my nephews decided to get his license to carry here in MA. Naturally, he came to me asking advice on a first handgun purchase. He wanted something full size that he could take to the range and practice with first off, not a carry gun. Those familiar with MA gun laws know we have a limited pool of firearms to choose from, so I could recommend standard guns such as the M&P or XD. Then I stumbled across a sales special at a gun shop a little over an hour from our area. Canik TP9SF for $299. This looked like a great deal, but I knew nothing about Canik. After a couple hours reading great online reviews I wanted to try one out. I found a range that had a One Series for rental and put a hundred rounds through it. I liked it, but I didn’t love it. So, I went on another gun forum and asked if anyone had one with a different trigger they would let me try. Sure enough a gentleman (that I believe is a member here) stepped up, I met with him and shot his TP9SFx with the racer trigger. That was it. I LOVED that. I don’t know what my nephew will end up buying in a couple weeks when his license comes in, but I bought aTP9SFx, put in the Racer trigger and topped it with a Vortex Venom 6 MOA dot. Shot it in a USUSA match last Saturday. Carry optics is yet another new division for me and I am loving it.

TL;DR

Bought a TP9SFx and I love it.

-Darren
1 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Re: New member from MA

Post by Janik » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:58 am

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the SFx.
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:06 am

Another satisfied customer! Welcome aboard.

Videos and/or pictures of matches are always welcome here and we even have a tread dedicated to it. Even us hackers post there. :-
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Post by Badgerboy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:25 am

Thimblerigger wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:15 am
...Sure enough a gentleman (that I believe is a member here) stepped up...
Gentleman? Member here? Hmmmm...I'm searching my memory...I guess I have to accept your premise... :-D
0 x
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?