New guy from Missouri

New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
Joe Fudd

New guy from Missouri

Post by Joe Fudd » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:45 pm

Learned about Canik pistols earlier this summer and had to have an Elite Combat. Got it a couple weeks ago. After getting my holster and installing a Holosun 507C, had it out to the range a couple days ago for 1st time. Fun to shoot, accurate, ergonomic design. What's not to like? Really like the big, oversized mag release button. I shoot left handed, but prefer the mag release set up for a righty and I can easily hit it with my trigger finger. Love the trigger weight; what seems to me to be a longer pull will take a bit of getting used to (only have 70 rounds through it right now).

Where can I get additional 18 round magazines? Hate to have to spend $35 on a 15 round magazine and another $39 for the 3 round extension. Will any Century Arms TP9 magazine fit/work in the elite combat?
1 x

colonel00

Re: New guy from Missouri

Post by colonel00 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Where at in Misery? :D I'm in the KC area (Shawnee on the west side)

You can get standard 18 round mags from quite a few online sellers. Prepper Gun Shop is a site sponsor and usually has good prices on mags and other parts and accessories. All Canik mags work with all other models except trying to put a short 15rd mag in a full size frame obviously.

An 18rd mag works just fine, just sticks out a bit.

Then of course you can put in 18rd mags with mag extensions for more fun.

1 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:25 pm

Welcome aboard the forum
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:46 pm

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the Elite Combat.
0 x