S&W Shield or Sig P365

General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

Re: S&W Shield or Sig P365

Post by Tejas Products » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:06 pm

Funny you should mention that... I had the LCP as my BUG... absolutly hated it... and wasn't as reliable as I wanted... I actually switched to the Taurus Spectrum... I've had ZERO failures and it's about 5 times easier to handle than the LCP was....
1 x
Beware of Dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

Post by Tejas Products » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:29 pm

UPDATE....

Just got my Ruger LC9s back from Ruger.... They replaced the sear pin and insert.... Looking online this seems to be a documented problem from a few others... Hope this permentantly fixes the issue... Of course the gun is going up for sale today since I now am carrying the S&W Shield....
1 x

US1

Post by US1 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:28 pm

I can only speak regarding the S&W Shield. I own 2 of them; both 45 acp. My first is the short barrel model that my wife fell in love with the very first time to the range with it. It is now, "her" gun. lol

I then ordered the Performance Center Shield 4" version for me. Wow! The trigger on this pistol is AMAZING and it is very accurate! It has functioned flawlessly with 230 grain ball and Federal 230 HST +P hollow points (my carry ammo).

The factory sights are good, but I upgraded to the Handgun Combative Spaulding Cap sights. So far, I really like them a lot! The only other thing I did was to add a Hogue slip-on grip sleeve that covers up to the tang. All of my S&W M&P pistols, both Shield and Full Size versions, have been stellar!!!
0 x

GallowayPrecision
Supporting Vendor

Post by GallowayPrecision » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:14 am

Tejas Products wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:53 pm
My carry gun died today. Ruger LC9s. Just stopped firing. I don’t know why and I’ll probably have to send off to ruger to fix. But I won’t carry it after this. So I’m trying to decide between the sig or smith. Both have pro’s and con’s, one issue is $375.00 for the smith or $550.00 for the sig. but since my decision Is for my EDC, price isn’t the biggest concern.
Shoot me an email at tech@gallowayprecision.com, we can get your LC9s running in the meantime. P365 all the way.
1 x

Tejas Products
Supporting Vendor

Post by Tejas Products » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:34 am

GallowayPrecision wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:14 am
Tejas Products wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:53 pm
My carry gun died today. Ruger LC9s. Just stopped firing. I don’t know why and I’ll probably have to send off to ruger to fix. But I won’t carry it after this. So I’m trying to decide between the sig or smith. Both have pro’s and con’s, one issue is $375.00 for the smith or $550.00 for the sig. but since my decision Is for my EDC, price isn’t the biggest concern.
Shoot me an email at tech@gallowayprecision.com, we can get your LC9s running in the meantime. P365 all the way.
Thanks.. I appreciate the offered help.....

Sunday - Gun came out of the holster at the range and NO JOY
Monday - Emailed Ruger and got a RMA
Tuesday - UPS to Ruger
Friday - Ruger received package
Monday - Ruger assigned a tech
Wednesday - Ruger Fedex back to me
Friday - Received Gun back with repaired sear spring
Monday - SOLD

I'm now carrying the S&W Shield.. I took a chance and ran up to Academy and they had the Shield 1.0, Shield 2.0 and the S365.. I was fortunate to have been able to shoot both the S2.0 and the Sig365 before so I already knew how they felt.... I ended up going with the original Shield as it was the best fit for my hands... I have just North of 200 rounds through it and couldn't be happier with my decision....
2 x

GallowayPrecision
Supporting Vendor

Post by GallowayPrecision » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:56 am

Well when it's time for that Shield to wear an optic let me know, we'll get you squared away.

0 x

Civilian Grunt

Post by Civilian Grunt » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:03 am

I have carried a Shield gen 1 9mm for about 4 years now. I have about 500 rds in it and just recently the guide rod spring started coming off the guide rod. I was nto happy about this and after some research, it is the biggest issue with the shield. I contacted Smith and they sent a replacement free and fast, no poblem but I just do not trust the factory spring now. I just replaced it with a Stainless steel guide rod that has great reviews. This is something to consider buying the Shield and the Stainless steel guide rod cost me about $45 bucks but the peace of mind is worth it for me.
0 x

mifsuud

Post by mifsuud » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:27 am

365 grip is pretty short so I went 365XL, and that X grip makes so much difference. Perfect for my hands.
0 x

gunn

Post by gunn » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:37 pm

I got a 365 right after they came out. It went back twice to Sig for repairs. I finally sold it. I have a M&P 357 Sig to replace it. Much better choice for me.
0 x
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
45 ACP, Because short fat and slow will get the job done.