General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
- Staff Member
- Posts: 1476
- Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:59 pm
- Founding Member #: 001
- Location: Iowa
Yeah. The P07 seems to hit that “Goldilocks” size. Not too big, not too small, but just right. I was really torn between adding this P07 or getting the P09. But I like my other P07 for carry so much, I figured, “why mess with what is already working?”
- Global Moderator
- Posts: 836
- Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
- Founding Member #: 007
- Location: Texas
Nice love my 07 as well its become my main A/IWB carry gun instead of the G19. Obsidian is pretty nice but can't go wrong with the others either. Don't forget your CGW trigger upgrade parts, though SA isn't bad once broken in but i did like having the DA lightened up a lil bit.
I run an 18 lb recoil spring with a stainless guide rode. I don't like the whole double action thing and only bought it because of the manual safety that allows it to be carried cocked and locked. The P07 is one of my most accurate pistols or I just shoot it well.
I’m actually in the opposite camp, with regard to DA/SA. I bought my first P07 because I tend to appendix carry and prefer the idea if the longer trigger travel on the first shot to reduce the chances of decocking myself when holstering. I also prefer the ability to draw, aim/point, and squeeze without having to mess with any other Manila or grip safeties. So the DA/SA with decocker option is my preferred configuration in a carry gun (My Sig and Beretta carry pistols are configured as decocker DA/SA as well) Practicing the DA/SA trigger initially was a bit more difficult to master, but has become pretty natural now (my first pistol was a Beretta 92 I bought about 27 years ago). When I opt to carry a Canik it is usually the TP9V2 because it is kind of unique in being a DA/SA striker fired pistol with a decocker.Crosspower wrote: ↑Fri May 17, 2019 7:23 amI run an 18 lb recoil spring with a stainless guide rode. I don't like the whole double action thing and only bought it because of the manual safety that allows it to be carried cocked and locked. The P07 is one of my most accurate pistols or I just shoot it well.
So, I know DA/SA isn’t for everyone, but I guess I bought into it and have been using it for long enough, that it just feels right to me.
- INFORMATION AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- ↳ INFORMATION AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- ↳ NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS
- ↳ PROMOTIONS AND GIVEAWAYS
- CANIK FIREARM DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ CANIK (CENTURY & TRISTAR) GENERAL DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ CANIK REVIEWS AND RANGE REPORTS
- GENERAL FIREARM DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ GENERAL FIREARM DISCUSSIONS (Non-Canik)
- ↳ AMMUNITION & RELOADING DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ EDC (EVERYDAY CARRY) PREPARDNESS & SURVIVAL
- COMPETITION, TRAINING AND RESOURCES
- ↳ COMPETITION: IDPA, IPSC, USPSA, 3-GUN DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ BASIC FIREARM & DEFENSIVE SKILLS, DRILLS & TRAINING
- ↳ UPCOMING COMPETITIONS & EVENTS
- SUPPORTING VENDORS
- ↳ Tejas Products
- ↳ LIMA CHARLIE USA
- ↳ Prepper Gun Shop
- ↳ Smoky Mountain Concealment
- ↳ Galloway Precision
- ↳ BUY-SELL-TRADE