New CZ addition

General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
SSGNDoc
Founding Member #: 004

New CZ addition

Post by SSGNDoc » Thu May 16, 2019 8:54 pm

Picked this up. Next step is figuring out what can I want to buy to use with it. Looking at the AAC Ti-Rant, or Rugged Supressors, Obsidian 9.

2 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Re: New CZ addition

Post by Janik » Thu May 16, 2019 9:03 pm

Nice!! Love my 07 and 09, and have been eyeballing the suppressor ready versions. As much as I enjoy shooting the 09 though, I tend to shoot the 07 a lot more.
0 x

SSGNDoc

Post by SSGNDoc » Thu May 16, 2019 9:32 pm

Yeah. The P07 seems to hit that “Goldilocks” size. Not too big, not too small, but just right. I was really torn between adding this P07 or getting the P09. But I like my other P07 for carry so much, I figured, “why mess with what is already working?”
1 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Thu May 16, 2019 11:38 pm

Nice love my 07 as well its become my main A/IWB carry gun instead of the G19. Obsidian is pretty nice but can't go wrong with the others either. Don't forget your CGW trigger upgrade parts, though SA isn't bad once broken in but i did like having the DA lightened up a lil bit.
0 x

Crosspower

Post by Crosspower » Fri May 17, 2019 7:23 am

I run an 18 lb recoil spring with a stainless guide rode. I don't like the whole double action thing and only bought it because of the manual safety that allows it to be carried cocked and locked. The P07 is one of my most accurate pistols or I just shoot it well.
0 x

SSGNDoc

Post by SSGNDoc » Fri May 17, 2019 8:08 am

Crosspower wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:23 am
I run an 18 lb recoil spring with a stainless guide rode. I don't like the whole double action thing and only bought it because of the manual safety that allows it to be carried cocked and locked. The P07 is one of my most accurate pistols or I just shoot it well.
I’m actually in the opposite camp, with regard to DA/SA. I bought my first P07 because I tend to appendix carry and prefer the idea if the longer trigger travel on the first shot to reduce the chances of decocking myself when holstering. I also prefer the ability to draw, aim/point, and squeeze without having to mess with any other Manila or grip safeties. So the DA/SA with decocker option is my preferred configuration in a carry gun (My Sig and Beretta carry pistols are configured as decocker DA/SA as well) Practicing the DA/SA trigger initially was a bit more difficult to master, but has become pretty natural now (my first pistol was a Beretta 92 I bought about 27 years ago). When I opt to carry a Canik it is usually the TP9V2 because it is kind of unique in being a DA/SA striker fired pistol with a decocker.

So, I know DA/SA isn’t for everyone, but I guess I bought into it and have been using it for long enough, that it just feels right to me.
1 x