Holster for SFL

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Forest Walker

Holster for SFL

Post by Forest Walker » Mon May 13, 2019 8:56 am

Looking for a comfortable holster for my SFL. Mostly for EDC, and while walking in the woods. Not worried about concealment
0 x

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Re: Holster for SFL

Post by higgybaby » Mon May 13, 2019 9:56 am

MDJ Holsters.......I have 4.They are about $40, and are leather back with kydex holder.
If you want adjustable tension- they are a couple bucks more.

http://mdjcustomholsters.com/outside-waist-band-1/
0 x

Forest Walker

Post by Forest Walker » Mon May 13, 2019 11:30 am

how comfortable are they for long hikes (2-3days)
0 x

keltex78
Founding Member #: 1616

Post by keltex78 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:30 pm

Safariland 578 GLS. Very comfortable, with several mounting options. I have the compact size, and it fits both my SFx and Taurus G2C perfectly, with no adjustments needed. Retention is secure, but intuitive. The muzzle of the SFx extends out of the end of the holster, but no worse than with the Canik factory holster. A longer holster option is available if that's a deal breaker for you, but I wanted one that would fit smaller handguns as well.
0 x
(*) Buy a couple of boxes of 124 gr. WWB NATO to break in the stiff RSA. Cheap, and shoots great in the Canik! (*)

colonel00

Post by colonel00 » Tue May 14, 2019 12:22 am

keltex78 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:30 pm
Safariland 578 GLS. Very comfortable, with several mounting options. I have the compact size, and it fits both my SFx and Taurus G2C perfectly, with no adjustments needed. Retention is secure, but intuitive. The muzzle of the SFx extends out of the end of the holster, but no worse than with the Canik factory holster. A longer holster option is available if that's a deal breaker for you, but I wanted one that would fit smaller handguns as well.
Curious if you have any other models and if they fit as well. I currently have an SA Mod 2 and an SFX on the way. Down the road I'll be adding an Elite Combate and possibly an Executive. Would be nice to have a holster to to accommodate all.
0 x

keltex78
Founding Member #: 1616

Post by keltex78 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:25 am

I only have the SFx, but since the Canik TP9 series all share the frame design, I would expect them all to fit.

Curious why both the SFL and SFx? I'd love to add an Elite to my collection, but I have other more immediate wants to fill first...

(I'd rather add a threaded barrel to my SFx than to go the Elite Combat route.)
0 x
(*) Buy a couple of boxes of 124 gr. WWB NATO to break in the stiff RSA. Cheap, and shoots great in the Canik! (*)

Forest Walker

Post by Forest Walker » Mon May 20, 2019 9:55 am

ok after playing around this weekend with the holster that come with. i would definitely prefer a cross draw holster. anyone know of one
0 x

oldfrank

Post by oldfrank » Mon May 20, 2019 12:35 pm

I just picked up my SF Elite a short while ago and while I was playing with it I tried it in a holster that I really like from Blackpoint Tactical. It was made for a CZ P-07 which I don't have anymore.

It fit like it was made for it. That may open up mope possibilities as the P-07 has been around a little while and more holster options.

While it fit just great, I took a heat gun and adjusted the tension to suit me a little more.
0 x