Greetings from homelands of Canik

New Members, take a moment and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and your interest in the Canik brand of firearms.
zeda3000

Greetings from homelands of Canik

Post by zeda3000 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:10 am

Have a good day all

As you understanding from Subject i am joining from Turkey to your group. I have latest version of Canip TP9 Elite S Combat with Docter Mini Red dot sight and Valkyrie Flash light.

I am carry licensed for pistol and shotguns , also have professional shooting license over 5 years.

Unfortunately left handed shooter and also suffering Holster problem for left hand user suitable Holster for TP9 :-D

Last edited by zeda3000 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

GaCop

Re: Greetings homelands of Canik

Post by GaCop » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:17 am

Welcome to the forums! I was stationed in your country back in 1977-78 at Detachment100, Eskisehir. I was the site medic. Things certainly have changed since I was there. Back then a Turkish National could only own a single shot shotgun. I had a good friend in Turkish Air Force Security, Sgt. Hamdi Gavin, that carried a Browning 1910 in 32 ACP.
Last edited by GaCop on Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
Vietnam Vet - Jun 66 - Dec 67

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:46 am

Welcome aboard.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:07 am

Thank you all ,
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:08 am

Welcome to the forum. I'm a Lefty too, so I understand your problem with the holsters. How are you liking the Docter red dot?
0 x

zeda3000

Re: Greetings from homelands of Canik

Post by zeda3000 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:43 am

HI Janik

I am waiting one more hand made holster , it is in parcel right now. After that, i will share pictures of all Holsters i bought it. But to be honest in Turkey we have nice gun factories but we dont have even one great holster companie.

Docter red dot is great, I did just 100 shoots but very accurate. Even in shooting range staffs tried couple of shootings with my pistol. They like it too. Lens very clear. Dot isnt reflecting from lens it self. Giving pure view. Just main thing in defense or panic shooting , there is no time to take off the cover. First shoot could be with cover. Therefore i add small white dot into the cover, to shoot like shootgun sight. I tried to shoot with cover on redot. I hit the target paper in 10 mt. But cause of recoil , cover fly away and hit my forehead. I need it practice about it.

2 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:24 am

zeda3000 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:43 am
Docter red dot is great, I did just 100 shoots but very accurate.
Thanks for the info. I've been interested in the Docter red dots for awhile now. I'll have to take a closer look at them.
0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Post by GlennSFX » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:54 am

Welcome!!!
I feel like I'm reporting back to the "Mothership"! Good to have you onboard.

:-? ...Didn't realize the Combat came in the "S" version with the trigger guard safety. I had to go back and look at the 2019 Product Catalog to find it.

Are you running the 3.5 or 7 MOA version?
How does the auto brightness work overall?

I leave the Trijicon on the Combat in auto mode and it does a pretty good job. Seeing it's a carry gun, I'm constantly dealing with "changing light" conditions. The Deltapoint on the SFX doesn't have the auto feature. It was originally planned, as there is a hole in the front for the sensor, but for some reason that feature was dropped. Would have been nice to have it as I've found I need to adjust it depending on the lighting on a particular stage going from bright sun to shade.
1 x

easy10

Post by easy10 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:59 am

Welcome !

So, how is it pronounced ? JOHN-NICK ???
0 x

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Post by higgybaby » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:49 am

Welcome to the club Zeda 3000..........good to have you.

I was over your way long ago, around 1970- to Samsun on a ship.
0 x

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:15 am

Thank you for warm welcome all,

Dear Janik , if you need it any closer picture or test. Just drop me message. I will do for you.

Dear GlennSFX , Correct S meaning Safety. This is civilian version. Speacil Forces in Turkey using without safety. For you information , Safety very tight and hard to pull up. I am never using. Not confortable at all. I spoke this issue with Canik it self. They told me if we do that more softer , it could be open during pull from Holster. Sounds little wierd for me. Safety not suppose to so hard. Regarding to Red dot , i bought it from Belgium in Gun Dealer shop as second hand. I didint see any mark this is rifle or pistol verision. But during i am play with elevation screw it is barely moving. Maybe 3.5 Moa? Auto Bright works correct. I tried even in midnight and in sun. Really good.

Sorry for my Cat Hair, it everywhere X_X

Dear Easy10. In Turkish we are pronounced a little diffrent and you are very closer. I think it will be somehting like : Jahn-nick

In Canik Offical Youtube page , you could hear how they are pronounced correctly. But i dont want to it say Correctly. Some brand names pronounced diffrently which is totally ok. This is easy to say than Koenigsegg :))
3 x

ncjw

Post by ncjw » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:17 am

Welcome!

Is the new Sub Elite available in Turkey yet?
0 x

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:03 am

HI Ncjw Yes Sub elite available in Turkish market. Currently price in Turkey 674 USD .During i am purchasing my pistol , i saw it in showroom and i took the chance to take my hands. To be honest , it was a little dispointed me. Pistol grip very short. My little finger cannot grip correctly. I dont know , maybe this is how supposed to be Sub pistols. But i didint find the pistol grip comfortable. But ,for carry issue?? YES!! , this is fantastic. Even no need it holster. But I do like in my pistol new barrel design , flat trigger surface and all inculuded accesories and Color. In Turkey change pistol is little problematic due to laws. We pay too much money for licences. So most people could effort only one pistol. We pay more then pistol cost for tax and license. If i will get chance i will buy the sub model just for easy carry. Better than nothing.
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:13 pm

zeda3000 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:03 am
HI Ncjw Yes Sub elite available in Turkish market. Currently price in Turkey 674 USD .During i am purchasing my pistol , i saw it in showroom and i took the chance to take my hands. To be honest , it was a little dispointed me. Pistol grip very short. My little finger cannot grip correctly. I dont know , maybe this is how supposed to be Sub pistols. But i didint find the pistol grip comfortable. But ,for carry issue?? YES!! , this is fantastic. Even no need it holster. But I do like in my pistol new barrel design , flat trigger surface and all inculuded accesories and Color. In Turkey change pistol is little problematic due to laws. We pay too much money for licences. So most people could effort only one pistol. We pay more then pistol cost for tax and license. If i will get chance i will buy the sub model just for easy carry. Better than nothing.
Welcome.

Thats how most sub's are suppose to be with little finger not fitting, makes for easier concealing and can always add a pinky extension base or what not.
1 x

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Post by Badgerboy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:11 pm

Welcome...as you can see, we love Turkish pistols...some of us are collecting Sarsilmaz as well.
1 x
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator

Post by TL1000RSquid » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:48 pm

Badgerboy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:11 pm
Welcome...as you can see, we love Turkish pistols...some of us are collecting Sarsilmaz as well.
I might be aquiring a Tisas as well.
0 x

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:57 am

To be honest I am not fan of Tisas, even police forces in Turkey doesnt like quality of Pistols.
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator

Post by TL1000RSquid » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:30 am

zeda3000 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:57 am
To be honest I am not fan of Tisas, even police forces in Turkey doesnt like quality of Pistols.
No worries there I'm well aware of their flaws, its why i might be getting this one its their hi power clone in stainless steel, it sells for about $530 here, this guy has one thats suffering from problems typical to this model that can be fixed with some dremel work to the inside of the frame and barrel, trying to get it for $375 which would be a bargain assuming I get it running smoothly.
0 x

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:19 am

HI TL1000RSquid

Tisas based in Black Sea cost as like Canik also. Black Sea Cost in Turkey is our Texas. Most villages crazy about Pistol and espeacilly for 1911 Browning.We are talk about in 60-70s . Gun permitied was very diffucult in Turkey. It was almost impossible to get it , you have to Military , Police or ex-Goverment worker. North Turkish start to produce illegal copy of 1911 in backyard. Most village has one Lathe Machine and they learn how to produce to pistol it self. Today Gun permist a little flexie. Example everyone can keep in home pistol with license. But you cant carry , even if you want to go to shooting range , you have take permission from local Police station. Carry is only giving as concealed for civilian and these is very very limited. You have to big company CEO , Money Exchange office owner or Jewelry , Under Goverment Protection , Big Farm Owner or Big Factory owner, Gun Shop owners and Big Bee and Honey producer (This is interesting). Example i have carry license cause i am owner of Company and it is Defense Industry company. So goverment allow me to protect my self.

Note: Shotgun is not so hard. Very cheap registry and very easy to get it.

In other side North Black Sea Villages , %85 of pistol is unregistered. Most of them in Zonguldak city, which is same location of Tisas. In 90s goverment force to Villages to build company and produce the pistol under Turkish Goverment control. Tisas is one of them. This is not suprise why Tisas still making 1911 platform. This is what they did in last 45 years. But as i told you before, they know how to use Lathe and CNC machine but they still didnt cover about Raw Material Enginnering. Metal quality is open discussion. This is good pistol if you like 1911 and you want to play or upgrade. Cause it is cheap and most of Browning parts fits without problem.

Today Tisas won Goverment big contract of MPT 76 NATO service rifle tender. I hope they start to upgare the factory. But even in Turkey if you are little expert shooter in range. You know you will not touch the Tisas. This is my only for collecting or 1911 fanatics. Not for self defense.

By the way TL1000R , I like this motorbike. V2
1 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator

Post by TL1000RSquid » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:11 am

Interesting, thanks for the background history on them, I guess their long time 1911 manufacturing is why the tisa 1911's seem to work better then their hi power copy. I do have a real hi power and alot of extra parts everything except frame and slide really so I think I shouldn't have a problem getting it up and running. Most youtube videos ive seen on the tisas were able to make them run very reliably with just a little excess metal removal on the frame and barrel along with polishing feed ramps, worst case I have an extra FN barrel i could swap in.

How hard is it to own semi auto rifles in Turkey such as AR15, AK or FAL?
0 x