Springfield XDe - sight adjustment results

General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
keltex78
Founding Member #: 1616

Springfield XDe - sight adjustment results

Post by keltex78 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:47 pm

I had mentioned my father-in-law's XDe previously. He had selected that firearm as a CCW, but could not shoot it well, and was always off target. My brother in law and I both shot the pistol from a rest and found that the pistol shot significantly to the left.

They finally bought a sight pusher, and we were able to get the sight adjusted. Not sure what was going on with this pistol, but it took a surprising amount of adjustment to get back on target. It's hitting right at the POA now, but I wanted to share this photo:

Springfield users, is this to be expected???
:?
0 x
(*) Buy a couple of boxes of 124 gr. WWB NATO to break in the stiff RSA. Cheap, and shoots great in the Canik! (*)

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Re: Springfield XDe - sight adjustment results

Post by higgybaby » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:06 pm

Wow.....that looks mis-aligned now for sure.
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:09 pm

Wow, that's crazy. I've been interested in the XDe, but my father in law bought one and his shoots really low. So, I've held off on buying one for awhile now and this post isn't very promising either. I'd send the pic to Springfield. Maybe they'll send him a call tag and take a look at it. If I had to adjust the sights that far over to get POA/POI to align, I'd be really annoyed. Did you bench shoot it again for accuracy once they were adjusted?
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:16 pm

Yeah I'd be unhappy if it needed to be drifted over that far. Contact Springfield see what/if they'll do anything.
0 x

keltex78
Founding Member #: 1616

Post by keltex78 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:05 pm

Yes, we shot it from a rest again after making that adjustment and were drilling the bullseye. And yes, it really does look that wacky in person as well.

Not sure if he would want to go to the trouble of contacting Springfield. He's not really a handgun shooter, and to tell the truth, will probably never notice the difference. We're trying to work him through some drills to break his TERRIBLE flinching habit. His first shot was 5' (feet!) low at 10 yards...

:-??
1 x
(*) Buy a couple of boxes of 124 gr. WWB NATO to break in the stiff RSA. Cheap, and shoots great in the Canik! (*)