About my load

Discussion Section for Ammunition, Reloading and Handloading.
chetc

About my load

Post by chetc » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:59 pm

went out today for the first time with my TP9SFX, tried a few different loads i use in my other 9mm's, one load i found real nice and reliable, it is the 120gr Penn TCBB bullet with 4 grs of Bullseye. seems softer than Titegroup, but it seems to be dirty and i see some smoke. wondering what other powder would be as soft and clean with no hicupping, trying to duplicate the Bullseye load.

chet
0 x

NWcityguy2

Re: About my load

Post by NWcityguy2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:46 am

I stopped shooting Alliant pistol powders years ago for that reason, along with I'm not a fan of anything but the smallest flake powders for small charge weights. For replicating a Bullseye load, I would recommend you look at are Accurate #2 and Shooters World Clean Shot (used to be Accurate #2 years ago). They are both a fast, bulky ball powder. They'll be clean and mild recoiling but won't quite get you to factory ammo velocities. If you want to replicate factory ammo, try Shooters World Ultimate Pistol. It is a dense ball powder that is slower than #2/CP, but faster than #5. It doesn't need to be shot at max load to be clean either. Many of the powders slower than that start needing to be near max charge to burn clean in a 9mm.
0 x