CANIK TP9 SUB ELITE

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
BattleHawk Armory

Re: CANIK TP9 SUB ELITE

Post by BattleHawk Armory » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:02 pm

I currently have 12 canik tp9 elite sc’s in stock and ready to ship, free shipping and
Use code TP9ELITESCFORUM

https://www.battlehawkarmory.com/produc ... 96733-3367

I also have 3-4 moa shield rmsc sights and 1-8 moa shield sight in stock use code CANIKSHIELD, I would jump on these, they are now a month backordered because of the recent releases of the p365xl, canik, and hellcat.

https://www.battlehawkarmory.com/produc ... -4moa-3367

Thanks!
Adam
Owner
BattleHawk Armory
3 x

keltex78
Founding Member #: 1616

Post by keltex78 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:08 pm

Went to a local gun show this afternoon, got to handle the Sub Elite, and really liked what I saw. Was comfortable and fit my hand well. Asking $379, but I'll wait for prices to drop (i.e., until I have more expendable funds) before buying, especially with Christmas and end-of-year expenses right around the corner...
0 x
(*) Buy a couple of boxes of 124 gr. WWB NATO to break in the stiff RSA. Cheap, and shoots great in the Canik! (*)

HarlemKnight

Post by HarlemKnight » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:16 pm

This guy just added the J-Point MRD optic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBmnCU8 ... WL&index=2
0 x
TP9SA w/TLR8 ()

HarlemKnight

Post by HarlemKnight » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:10 pm

0 x
TP9SA w/TLR8 ()

ncjw

Post by ncjw » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:14 pm

Went to the gun show today and was finally able to hold an SC (price was $379). As expected, it seemed a bit top heavy and wide for a concealed pistol. After fondling it for about five minutes (with a very frustrated sales guy wondering if I was ever going to make up my mind...) I finally passed. I just don't think that it would do anything that my other Caniks would do and I don't think that I would carry it instead of my tiny and light .380 Kimber Micro. Sure, it holds more rounds of a more powerful caliber, but I just prefer smaller and lighter. To each their own.
0 x

mattlauck

Post by mattlauck » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:52 am

Just got mine!
$329 + $20 shipping!
Battle Hawk Armory.

Took them almost 2 weeks to get around to shipping out, but once they did it got here quick.

Have a Legacy Firearm IWB holster being made (Ares)
Have a Sig RomeoZero on backorder.

Using the included Canik holster, (IWB) it seems to conceal pretty well. Much better than my Elite S in a Clinger 'No Print Wonder' holster.

And that is WITHOUT installing the included flush mount baseplate to the 12 round mag!

One thing - the mags DO NOT drop free with this gun! Not the 2 that ship with it OR the Elite 15 round ones from my Elite.
(The 32 round Pro Mags do drop)

THAT SUCKS!

Never seen that mentioned in ANY of the dozens of reviews I've watched!
(what is up Sootch00? Normally you are on point!)
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:31 am

mattlauck wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:52 am
Just got mine!
$329 + $20 shipping!
Battle Hawk Armory.

Took them almost 2 weeks to get around to shipping out, but once they did it got here quick.

Have a Legacy Firearm IWB holster being made (Ares)
Have a Sig RomeoZero on backorder.

Using the included Canik holster, (IWB) it seems to conceal pretty well. Much better than my Elite S in a Clinger 'No Print Wonder' holster.

And that is WITHOUT installing the included flush mount baseplate to the 12 round mag!

One thing - the mags DO NOT drop free with this gun! Not the 2 that ship with it OR the Elite 15 round ones from my Elite.
(The 32 round Pro Mags do drop)

THAT SUCKS!

Never seen that mentioned in ANY of the dozens of reviews I've watched!
(what is up Sootch00? Normally you are on point!)
My Elite didn't always drop mags so I took an emory board and used it on the ribs in the magwell the mags kick right out now.
2 x

qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by qballbandit » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:29 pm

Sometimes rubbing CLP or Ballistol on the outside only of the mags, then wiping them dry, is enough to remove the "dryness" of the mags, if they are just sticky, and it is not truly a fit issue which needs the sandpaper/dremel/emory board. We had to do this on my fath-in-laws older S&W 9mm when he got a couple of spare mags for it.

Neil 8-)
1 x
"Train Smart, Train Often, And Train Safe"

deserttrans

Post by deserttrans » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:29 pm

Picked mine up today. Born on date of 10/31/19. Did pre inspection before paper work. All looked good and both mags drop freely.

0 x

qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by qballbandit » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:43 pm

I'm glad it has a storage "bin" in the upper part of the case vs. the foam insert. The foam crap always falls along with everything underneath it every time the case is opened. Silly little thing, but an improvement, which is always a win.

Enjoy it! :)

Neil 8-)
0 x
"Train Smart, Train Often, And Train Safe"

deserttrans

Post by deserttrans » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:11 pm

Still a single sheet of foam between the two. But the little pouch is nice for the manual, etc.
0 x

mattlauck

Post by mattlauck » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:54 pm

I will try the emory board.
Seems the mags are really in there.

I honestly thought Canik did this as a design choice.

Went and watch so video reviews and I think it was Honest Outlaw and it looked like he had to rip out the mags.

... But if most others are dropping I will get to it.

Since it doesn't drop my 15 round Elite mags which just jump out of my Elite, it doesn't seem to be a 'sticky' mag issue.
0 x

bodgunner365

Post by bodgunner365 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:25 am

Does anyone make adapter plates for the sc so you can put a normal size red dot on them? I can not find romeo zero in stock anywhere but one place and they want msrp for it. Is there other red dots that fit the sc other than shield red dots, jpoint, sig romeo zero? I know holosun is coming out with the 407K and 507K.
0 x

DSeifrit

Post by DSeifrit » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:39 am

I personally would just wait on the smaller holosun optics. The shield RMSC is kinda flimsy despite being aluminum, and the Romeo Zero has a polymer body and lens. If you have the patience, I think you’ll be happier when the holosun micro optics are released
0 x

37L1

Post by 37L1 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:13 am

I took my SC to the range last week and tried dropping the mag from all positions. Regular, sideways, upside down, empty and full. No problems at all, always popped from the mag well without extra assistance required from me.
0 x
You'll shoot your eye out.

Simba3000

Post by Simba3000 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:47 am

Would love to see one a little thinner.
0 x

keltex78
Founding Member #: 1616

Post by keltex78 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:49 pm

Got to fondle a couple more Sub Elites at a local show this afternoon. Dealer there had one each of the Black and Tungsten. I've been wanting to do a side-by-side comparison of the Sub Elite with the PPQ SC, but no one had that one. Only saw a couple of Walthers in the show... a Pk380 and a CCP. I had money in my pocket, but he was asking $389 for the Canik, so I passed that one up. Did get to compare it to the standard Elite though.

Definitely prefer the Tungsten over the Black. Little brother to the SFx...
0 x
(*) Buy a couple of boxes of 124 gr. WWB NATO to break in the stiff RSA. Cheap, and shoots great in the Canik! (*)

bodgunner365

Post by bodgunner365 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:44 pm

Anyone know if this red dot will fit the SC http://adeadvancedoptics.com/ade-advanc ... r-handgun/ ? They are ads on eBay for this red dot that claim they fit the SC. I know it is not the best site but might be something to get by with till a better site is avaible.
0 x

Sigman964

Post by Sigman964 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:10 pm

bodgunner365 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:44 pm
Anyone know if this red dot will fit the SC http://adeadvancedoptics.com/ade-advanc ... r-handgun/ ? They are ads on eBay for this red dot that claim they fit the SC. I know it is not the best site but might be something to get by with till a better site is avaible.
Not the one you link to for sure. It's listed at 1.75 length, the SC opening is 1 5/8, quarter inch to long. The ones on ebay say use the "doctor mounting plate" on the Canik. I believe the Doctor/Noblex footprint is kind of like a "standard" one, that includes the Burris, Vortex, Sightmark and a bunch of others, including ADE obviously. That would be a plate included with the larger Caniks, but not with the SC with its micro footprint plate for the Shield RMS/RMSC, Romeo Zero, JPoint and Holosun 407K/507K.
I'm no expert, but this I what I think I know. Hope this helps.
0 x

ncjw

Post by ncjw » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:29 pm

Sigman964 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:10 pm
I'm no expert, but this is what I think I know. Hope this helps.
Off topic, but that what a great turn of a phrase. They could be words to live by. Or with a slight edit a haiku:

I'm no expert, but
this is what I think I know.
I hope that this helps.

Or an autobiography or a country Western song: "This is What I Think I Know".

Well said.

(For my Naval and cheese headed friends, I promise that I have never touched illegal drugs and am not currently drunk...)
1 x