Post your "MATCH" videos/pictures here.

Discussion for Competition Shooting.
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Re: Post your "MATCH" videos/pictures here.

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:50 pm

"How did you spend your Sunday @LT USN (Ret.)?"

Why pounding out rounds! Stage two was eaten by the evil video Gods; I have no clue what happened but it be gone.

Bonus points were given to everybody as the "feels like" temp was 105. Humidity, as per the normal, was off the charts. Summer in the South sucks! **==

0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Post by GlennSFX » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:09 am

Hey @LT USN (Ret.) ...so what did "Target 1" do to deserve the "ONSLAUGHT"??? :lol: :lol:
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:49 am

GlennSFX wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:09 am
Hey @LT USN (Ret.) ...so what did "Target 1" do to deserve the "ONSLAUGHT"???
It asked me one too many questions. That was just the rule set, 6 shots in T1, two to T2, mag change and shoot the steel.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

WHAT HAPPEND TO STAGE TWO?!

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:04 pm

Well, for the second match in a row, the video Gods ate my stage two run. That's OK as it was an exercise in, "DUH! What a dumb@$$!".

I was watering myself (hot, hot, hot!) and a voice said, "Hey, you're up!". What?! I was following Hoov last round but for some reason, and unannounced, they changed the shooting order.

I got to the stage two start, and shot the 1st magazine. Cool, so far. Mag 2 had 5 rounds, mag 3 had 4 rounds and mag 5 was full (10 rds for Production). By then I was way out of sync, all my planned rounds counts per target array were tossed out the window and it ended up being the worst run of the day. Plus there's the mud on my face..... :((

So here is the lesson for the day; always after completing a shooting run, do not pass go, do not look at somebody else's girlfriend, do not go to the bathroom, but DO RELOAD!

This is why not getting the video was a good thing in the end.

Here's run one.

And here's run 3 and 4. We combined the start to save time as they were in the same bay.

The end... (Still beats the hell of of doing yard work)
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:39 pm

Sorry Guys...been super busy and traveling, so I've been MIA for the last month or so.

Shot my first IDPA Classifier last Thursday evening. It was the 5x5, all targets at 10 yards, first string draw and shot 5 shots freestyle. Second string draw fire 5 shots strong hand. Third string only 5 rounds in the gun, draw and fire 5, slide lock reload 5 more shots. Last string, draw and fire 4 to the body and 1 to the head. Pretty straightforward.

Shot pretty well. I ended up at 25.46 sec. Raw time was pretty fast18.46, but was 7 down on the stage. Three shots were within 1/8-1/4" of the down zero perf. Based on the time I classified as Sharpshooter, 0.46 away from Expert. Realistically based on my last IDPA match, SS is pretty much where I should be.

Didn't bother to take any video seeing it was just a single stage classifier.

0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:55 pm

Shot a USPSA match today, and man was it hot!!!
Now I know how @LT USN (Ret.) feels! :lol:

Shot well except for stage 3, the classifier...figures. On the last string reload, weak hand only, I completely lost the dot! :oops:

Overall I finished 5th for the match. Best stage finish was 3rd. Got 3 of the 5 stages on my cell and haven't look at the POV videos yet, but I know I had a problem because I think it was stage 4 where I turned it on, pressed the record button, it beeped and shut off. Figured I'd do the cell vids first to show off the "Canik Team Jersey"! :-D Got a number of complements on it and with the heat, it wicked the sweat away and helped to keep me cool. :-BD

Stage 1...

Stage 2...

Stage 4...

Tired and heading to bed. I'll see if I can look at the Mobius POV vids tomorrow.
1 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:48 pm

Nice bowl!

Our steel make last Sunday was cancelled due to the pesky storm thang. TS Barry added way too much winds to our sails.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage