Mag release button

Modifications, Tutorials, Upgrades and Aftermarket Product Reviews.
inletguy

Mag release button

Post by inletguy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:58 pm

I put small mag release button on my new SFX, but it still hurt my hand when shooting today. so I just took it off, and can drop mag with no problem. Surely others have had this problem I would think...would like to hear from you on this. Plan to mention to Centry Arms

wonder why they made it with such sharp edges?
0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Re: Mag release button

Post by GlennSFX » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:12 pm

I took my extension off immediately. Like it best left bare. Same for the Combat!
1 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:55 am

I have the small installed on both my SFx and Elite Combat. I've been considering removing it completely as well. Not so much because of the edges, but because of how far it sticks out.
0 x

yaboyjosh

Post by yaboyjosh » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:48 pm

ive been messing around with an extended mag release that exteneds not only up (as tall as the large button) but out as well like an ar release button.. has anyone else tried any modifaction like this.? id be interested to so others ideas.. for the sfx to fit my hand well i need the large back strap and i can reach the button with my thumb but if i miss the grip even a lil i have to adj my hand to get to it so a lil shelf extending off it would be perfact(for me)..
0 x

oldfrank

Post by oldfrank » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:55 pm

I wanted to use the small as it made it so easy for me to drop mags easily during a emergency reload but it ate my hand up.
I even tried rounding and polishing the edges but it didn;y help much.

It is actually pretty good with no extension at all as apparently as many are finding out.
0 x

ncjw

Post by ncjw » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:43 pm

yaboyjosh wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:48 pm
ive been messing around with an extended mag release that exteneds not only up (as tall as the large button) but out as well like an ar release button.. has anyone else tried any modifaction like this.? id be interested to so others ideas.. for the sfx to fit my hand well i need the large back strap and i can reach the button with my thumb but if i miss the grip even a lil i have to adj my hand to get to it so a lil shelf extending off it would be perfact(for me)..
I use the large grip as well and haven't had any issues with the SFX extended mag release at all, I think that it works great, FWIW.

But your idea gave me an idea that an extension to the Elite-S safety, THAT might be a cool 3D printed after market part as it is impossible to reach the current with your right thumb to flick it off. A million dollar idea! (OK, OK maybe $100 on the weekends...)
0 x

keltex78
Founding Member #: 1616

Post by keltex78 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:57 pm

I removed the button the day I bought my SFx. Never looked back. I like the flush-fit (and it's even textured) mag release button better than any of the extended options.
0 x
(*) Buy a couple of boxes of 124 gr. WWB NATO to break in the stiff RSA. Cheap, and shoots great in the Canik! (*)