Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
I haven’t bought any new guns this year, but... I did buy some armor the other day.. I know.. sounds crazy... with all the shenanigans going on I thought to myself, I have a bunch of guns but only two hands and if the world keeps going the way it has been I figured it wouldn’t hurt to have body armor lol. for front and back plates that can withstand a hit from a .308 and a carrier (vest thing) was about $375 shipped, but they’re on back order so won’t get them for a few more weeks...
ncjw wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:12 pm
grammontS wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:07 am I bought a used Remington 870 Express the other day for $250 bucks , gun is in good condition. Came with the 26" barrel , I bought a used 18" barrel off of a guy for 60 bucks and will swap it out to make the gun a good home defense shotgun.
Ha! I bought an 870 Express for $250 new around 1985 (if memory serves) and sold it 15 years later for $250. Should have never sold it, but just didn't use it that much.
I bought a used 18 inch barrel for it as well ( $60) , my home defense piece now.
TacoTyrant wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:00 pm I haven’t bought any new guns this year, but... I did buy some armor the other day.. I know.. sounds crazy... with all the shenanigans going on I thought to myself, I have a bunch of guns but only two hands and if the world keeps going the way it has been I figured it wouldn’t hurt to have body armor lol. for front and back plates that can withstand a hit from a .308 and a carrier (vest thing) was about $375 shipped, but they’re on back order so won’t get them for a few more weeks...
I got a Testudo from AR500.
Waiting on my delivery as well.
Dedsquirrl wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:15 am
TacoTyrant wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:00 pm I haven’t bought any new guns this year, but... I did buy some armor the other day.. I know.. sounds crazy... with all the shenanigans going on I thought to myself, I have a bunch of guns but only two hands and if the world keeps going the way it has been I figured it wouldn’t hurt to have body armor lol. for front and back plates that can withstand a hit from a .308 and a carrier (vest thing) was about $375 shipped, but they’re on back order so won’t get them for a few more weeks...
I got a Testudo from AR500.
Waiting on my delivery as well.
Glad I’m not the only crazy guy haha. Also trying to decide between an old football helmet with foil lining or roll the dice hahaha
13.99 ain't bad. I can't even find ammo around me. I woulda limited out if I came across that. The last ammo I bought was online. Almost $40/box for 124gr+p HST and 147gr Gold Dot HP. Both were 50 round boxes. A week later they were $50/box, couple days after, they weren't available and haven't been ever since. ~X(
Janik wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:59 am
grammontS wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:07 am I bought a used Remington 870 Express the other day for $250 bucks , gun is in good condition. Came with the 26" barrel , I bought a used 18" barrel off of a guy for 60 bucks and will swap it out to make the gun a good home defense shotgun.
I have a Mossberg 500 that I haven't shot in awhile. Been picking up 12ga ammo again here and there, "just in case".
I think I posted this before. But I stopped at Walmart and picked up 4 boxes of 12 guage a few weeks ago. It was normally priced to.
I've purchased, maybe 6 since begining of year, but have weeded out several, and will be selling ones that I just don't use very much especially since I purchased the Elite Combat....it has surprisingly and pleasantly upset the pecking order in my safe, so that a number of pistols are no longer getting any attention....so some need to go
Been trying to put some ammo into the supply chain, which has financed most of my purchases.....still able to find ammo locally almost twice a week, knowing when shipments come in and stopping in at mid sized general store and sportsmans....also selling some of my used pistols at price I bought new for, don't hurt either pistols
Added a new member to the band. Finally got the TX-22 setup with lots of Galloway Precision goodies. Had an issue with the optic plate not threading correctly so had to use the further back holes until Galloway gets more plates in.

Also picked up the FNX-45 I've been eyeing. Kicking myself for not being patient as 2 days after I ordered I found it for $150 cheaper than I paid. Still, in these times there's no guarantee you'll even find some guns again.

New P365....Sucks!

Sorry you don't like it. I really wanted one when […]

optics ready 9mm

Hello Chet, I can't recommend a pistol off the t[…]

Sorry to burst your bubble (see what I did there..[…]

New to forum

Welcome to the forum. Ask lots of questions. If […]