How cheap am I being?

Discussion Section for All Off Topics Subjects.
ncjw
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: How cheap am I being?

Post by ncjw » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:58 am

Ha! I just watched this scene yesterday for the first time in years. No idea why the thought to see it again popped into my head.

If you notice further in, the Redcoats are shown to be not aiming when they discharge their Brown Bess's. This is thought to be historically accurate as they were trained to fire in the general direction of a line of infantry, not a specific targeted person. Also, they received little marksmanship training as ammo was expensive. Lastly, it turns out that normal humans don't actually like killing other humans, even those in the military.
0 x

akunclebull

Post by akunclebull » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:47 pm

I just shoot my buddy's target. His groupings have gotten better but I seem to completely miss....Go figure.
1 x

ShooterMcGavin

Post by ShooterMcGavin » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:16 am

I salvage the unused dots out of the garbage at the range along with any targets with unused bullseyes whenever the opportunity arises. My typical targets are paper plates with stickers in the center or dots drawn from markers. I've also made self healing splatter targets out of brightly colored disc golf discs coated with black primer. I wouldn't buy a disc for that purpose, but I have found a couple that were unmarked and of no value to me as anything else.
1 x

ShooterMcGavin

Post by ShooterMcGavin » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:17 pm

I use my kids' cereal boxes. I like the CinnamonToastCrunch box. It's got a bunch of roughly 1" square characters that are great at 50yds with a 22.

1 x

Dice9309

Post by Dice9309 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:00 am

Not cheap enough as others have pointed out..
I'm so cheap I ask people if I can have their dots if they're throwing them away or pull em out of the trash when I find em.
0 x