TP9DA, V2 and Elite Combat - Range Session

Canik Firearm Reviews and Range Reports. Share your Canik experiences with other members.
Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

TP9DA, V2 and Elite Combat - Range Session

Post by Janik » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:50 am

About a year ago I sold my burnt bronze DA to fund my Elite Combat. Still have my black DA's, but missed the burnt bronze. Yesterday I added another burnt bronze DA to my collection and got some trigger time this morning. As usual, the DA is an excellent shooter. I took my trusty V2 along which of course is worn in, so the trigger is a bit smoother and lighter. But overall, the DA did great with the "break in". I started with a couple hundred rounds of 115gr Blazer, then shot 50 124gr NATO, and ended with a couple mags of 124gr HST to make sure there aren't issues with hollow points. The double action on the new DA is still a little stiff, but manageable. But I definitely like how on my older DA's and V2's how it really has smoothed out and I can put rounds on target center mass quickly. I added the @GallowayPrecision reduced power spring kit to one of my black DA's, and will probably do the same to this one. Like I said, over time they smooth out nicely, but I'm too impatient. I'll probably just throw the spring kit in shortly. Also, I think I've been spoiled by the Night Fision sights I have on some of my other Caniks. I don't mind the white dot front and blacked out rear, but for consistency, I'll probably put a set of Night Fision on the burnt bronze DA as well. For carry, I like it. For competition, I'll stick with the fiber optics on my Elites, or red dots.

Anyway, was another uneventful day at the range. Everything Canik ran flawlessly. I don't know exactly why, but I just really love the V2 and DA TP9 models offered by Canik. I know they are a little unique with the DA/SA trigger, but they also are just about the perfect size for me. But, I do carry a Walther P99c daily, which is a DA/SA striker as well, so it only makes sense that I would find myself shooting the DA and V2 the most. The double action isn't bad at all, the single action is incredible. The V2 was my very first Canik, and I never go the range without it. The double action trigger is so smooth now, and the transition to single action is super easy.
IMG_2655s.jpg
IMG_2655s.jpg (274.99 KiB) Viewed 127 times
IMG_E2647s.jpg
IMG_E2647s.jpg (244.96 KiB) Viewed 127 times
3 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Re: Trigger Time with the TP9DA, V2 and Elite Combat

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:18 am

Any day on the range is a good day
2 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Re: Trigger Time with the TP9DA, V2 and Elite Combat

Post by Janik » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:57 am

LT USN (Ret.) wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:18 am
Any day on the range is a good day
Especially with a new gun. :)
0 x

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Re: TP9DA, V2 and Elite Combat - Range Session

Post by higgybaby » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:12 pm

I really like that DA. I need a range day. Maybe will get one soon.
1 x

SSGNDoc
Founding Member #: 004

Post by SSGNDoc » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:44 pm

My V2 doesn’t even have the dovetailed front sight.
0 x

qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by qballbandit » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:48 pm

I'm glad you got another bronze one, Janik! :smile:
I just ordered a Baldr Pro (the new Olight offering - light/green laser) for mine; nightstand gun. Donating my Olight mini to my wife's VP9 - her nightstand gun. I'll probably swap the Baldr Pro on/off the DA on to my Elite, when I carry it, now that I also have a holster on the way from redxgear (the Xpert OWB holster) that can handle it.
I am really thinking seriously about color-filling with black, the branding on the DA's slide. I have read your post a dozen times, and am ready to try it.

Best wishes,

Neil 8-)
1 x
"Train Smart, Train Often, And Train Safe"

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Post by higgybaby » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:17 am

"LeBron(ze)" ......... is that what you call it?
0 x