Tools for the home gunsmith

General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
colonel00

Re: Tools for the home gunsmith

Post by colonel00 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:40 pm

ncjw wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:43 pm
zeda3000 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:50 pm
Canik models doesnt Comes with Safety in US Models , but my model has safety.
Your Canik has a safety? TP9 series? Did I miss this earlier?

Please post pictures.
Elite-S?

Actually, it's an Elite Combat with the safety on the trigger guard. You can see it in the photo below. If I recall, he has mentioned something about it being a requirement in Turkey.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1840&p=18155#p18155
0 x

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:59 am

ncjw wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:43 pm
zeda3000 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:50 pm
Canik models doesnt Comes with Safety in US Models , but my model has safety.
Your Canik has a safety? TP9 series? Did I miss this earlier?

Please post pictures.
Yes in Turkey Canik Elite S Combat coming with Safety. They add this lever into Trigger guard. It is just moving up and down with click. During you takking upper postion. Trigger just cant go back.

This is i took safety off , you can see the holding position

You can see in this video as 3D also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiQNTSRc_WI
0 x

Ghostwolf308
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 009

Post by Ghostwolf308 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:57 pm

Well i need towrite this stuff down but not counting ny actual tools, i have a wheeler gunsmithing screwdriver set, wheeler fat wrench and wheeler scope mounting kit. Along with a 4 piece pick set. Man i need some money. Also @Weapon would a piece of plexuglass for for the glass tile you mentioned?
0 x

FrankW
Founding Member #: 013

Post by FrankW » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:22 pm

Here is a link to a thread last year about basic tools.

Frank
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=765
0 x

Weapon
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 005

Post by Weapon » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Ghostwolf308 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:57 pm
Well i need towrite this stuff down but not counting ny actual tools, i have a wheeler gunsmithing screwdriver set, wheeler fat wrench and wheeler scope mounting kit. Along with a 4 piece pick set. Man i need some money. Also @Weapon would a piece of plexuglass for for the glass tile you mentioned?
I used to have quarter inch thick sheet of plexi I used from time to time in place of the tempered glass. I had pulled it out of a dead flat screen computer monitor of all things. My ex used it for a cutting board for some damn project of her’s and put grooves in it which ruined it for lapping.

Add meguiars plastic polish to the list

If you want stuff on your bench to take care of accessory items, like Kydex and leather holsters, that’s a completely different list of goodies.
0 x

Ghostwolf308
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 009

Post by Ghostwolf308 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:03 pm

Lets work on gunsmithing tools first then you can teach me to make holsters. The piece i have is left over from the rv shop. Needs trimmed up and edges sanded but i already have it.
0 x

Fili_Kensi

Post by Fili_Kensi » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:19 am

FrankW wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:22 pm
Here is a link to a thread last year about basic tools.

Frank
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=765
As I'm new and wondering about a little home gunsmithing lab, cheers for your link sharing.
1 x

Weapon
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 005

Post by Weapon » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:11 pm

Ghostwolf308 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:03 pm
Lets work on gunsmithing tools first then you can teach me to make holsters. The piece i have is left over from the rv shop. Needs trimmed up and edges sanded but i already have it.
But you can get double duty out of some of them. :d

3M wet/dry - edges cleanup on leather and kydex...also for gunsmithing

Metal body Sharpie - writes on ammo bags and other stuff while being one of the best wet forming tools ever devised. You can also use it for edge burnishing. It will turn the metal Sharpie into an entirely cool looking pen in the process and sooner or later, someone will "borrow" it.

Barge cement - the nastiest, stringiest crap ever invented. Unfortunately, you can glue pretty much anything to anything with it so it comes in handy.

Bone Wet former tool - wet forming leather and it's a surprisingly decent letter opener. :lol:

Leather needles...for stitching leather. Grind down the tip and the larger diameter ones become effective punches for removing the takedown lever pin on Caniks.

Resolene - top coat for leather holsters, leather belts, etc. It can be used to avoid a lifetime of polishing dress shoes. It also smells amazing after it has dried on leather.
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:49 pm

Do the local firefighters know what would happen if your home were to catch on fire? Ka-boom!
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage