My First Canik

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Bish1309

My First Canik

Post by Bish1309 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:29 am

After a rough start to my latest love affair, my gun has settled in to the flock.

Spent some time with the new gun yesterday getting it fitted for the red dot and also an app to dry fire at home which works really well. MantisX.

I haven't been to the range yet...might be a few days or weeks since I'm coming up on a half dozen band gigs over the next 3 weeks.

Anyway, I'm very impressed with the fit and finish and mechanical function right out of the box. I'll know more once I put it through some paces.

I'm not highly technical nor do I have a bunch of gun tools and toys. I don't have a trigger pull gauge but can definitely say the trigger pull is less than most of my other guns.

Here's a few pics I took over the last couple days. Sorry the lighting kinda blows.

1 x
Signature here **==

Bish1309

Re: My First Canik

Post by Bish1309 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:32 am

The first post was to test picture posting ability. Here's some more...

1 x
Signature here **==

Bish1309

Post by Bish1309 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:34 am

And the final product sans test firing.

This gun is so cool.
1 x
Signature here **==

Bish1309

Post by Bish1309 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:37 am

I spent some time on Saturday playing with the MantisX app and before I installed the red dot. The sites were right on with regards to my dry fire experiment. I was able to stay above 90% with no criticism from the app. lol
0 x
Signature here **==

Bish1309

Post by Bish1309 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:38 am

Jury or should I say Cury is still out on the mag release. It sticks way out there but until I actually fire the gun, I'm not sure if it's going to be in the way or helpful. At least I know I have options.
0 x
Signature here **==

keltex78
Founding Member #: 1616

Post by keltex78 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:14 pm

I wasn't a fan of the extended mag release... I tried installing the shortest button, still didn't like it, then removed that and just ran it without any of the buttons installed.
3 x
(*) Buy a couple of boxes of 124 gr. WWB NATO to break in the stiff RSA. Cheap, and shoots great in the Canik! (*)

Bish1309

Post by Bish1309 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:41 pm

keltex78 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:14 pm
I wasn't a fan of the extended mag release... I tried installing the shortest button, still didn't like it, then removed that and just ran it without any of the buttons installed.
Cool. Thanks for the information. :-C
0 x
Signature here **==

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Post by Badgerboy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:31 pm

Agree...I didn't like the extended mag release either, but I am OK with the shorter button.
0 x
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?

Cavemanct

Post by Cavemanct » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:24 pm

She's a beautu
1 x

Bish1309

Post by Bish1309 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:11 pm

Cavemanct wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:24 pm
She's a beautu
Thank you.
0 x
Signature here **==

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:25 am

I really need to add a Holosun to my red dot collection soon. A lot of great reviews on them. But in order to do that, I'll need to buy another gun so it has a place to go. I guess I better buy another SFx so I can justify buying the Holosun. As for the mag release, I have the small one on now, but thinking of removing it all together as well.
1 x

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:12 am

Janik wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:25 am
I really need to add a Holosun to my red dot collection soon. A lot of great reviews on them. But in order to do that, I'll need to buy another gun so it has a place to go. I guess I better buy another SFx so I can justify buying the Holosun. As for the mag release, I have the small one on now, but thinking of removing it all together as well.
Janik wait for Sub Compact maybe? Sub also coming with Red dot plated and co witness. You may add long magazine into sub and it will turn into great shooting pistol. You already taste the SFX , I am belivie in this summer Sub will be in USA market. Untill today Canik send every models to US , What you thinking about it?
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:33 am

zeda3000 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:12 am
Janik wrote:
Janik wait for Sub Compact maybe? Sub also coming with Red dot plated and co witness. You may add long magazine into sub and it will turn into great shooting pistol. You already taste the SFX , I am belivie in this summer Sub will be in USA market. Untill today Canik send every models to US , What you thinking about it?
I'm not sure the Holosun will work on the sub Elite. I thought I read somewhere only the SHIELD will fit it due to the size and keeping the rear sight on the slide. I'll have to research it. I will be adding a sub Elite to my Canik collection though.
0 x

Bish1309

Post by Bish1309 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:46 am

Janik wrote:
I didn't do a lot of research and this is my first red dot of this design (that goes on a pistol).

This was suggested Marketing through GrabAGun so I went with their suggestion on the Holosun. I also got a $50.00 discount for requesting a quote and at that price it seemed doable. Still haven't shot the gun yet. x(
1 x
Signature here **==

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:49 am

Janik wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:33 am
zeda3000 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:12 am
Janik wrote:
I'm not sure the Holosun will work on the sub Elite. I thought I read somewhere only the SHIELD will fit it due to the size and keeping the rear sight on the slide. I'll have to research it. I will be adding a sub Elite to my Canik collection though.
The diffrence between Sub and TP9 is Barrel and Pistol grip. The firing pin area is same. If your Holosun will fit with SFX , it will fit with Sub also.

This picture give you idea , scaled Sub vs TP9

1 x

ncjw

Post by ncjw » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:36 am

Nice photo, but I believe that the sub does have a shorter RMR cut and only takes the Shield at this time.

A photo with a Holosun or Venom installed would disprove this if you can find one.
0 x

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:16 am

I dont have Holosun red dot for pistol yet in Turkish market. Otherwise i can try it or request answer from Canik factory.
0 x

colonel00

Post by colonel00 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:19 am

Interesting. Perhaps a topic better placed in the Sub Elite thread or a thread of it's own.

However, looking at this photo, the cut does indeed look smaller. Assuming the rear serrations are the same size on both guns, I count 10 serrations on the SFX and SE. The SE definitely has a thinner mounting plate and does look to only take up about 8 of 10 serrations while the SFX mount runs the full length of the serrations.

1 x