picatinney optics mount

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Forest Walker

picatinney optics mount

Post by Forest Walker » Tue May 14, 2019 6:37 am

Anyone running an optics mount that hooks to the rail? Thought about ordering one for my SFL but wondering how well they work and what you use for a holster
0 x

Bfgloki

Re: picatinney optics mount

Post by Bfgloki » Tue May 14, 2019 8:00 am

I have a few different laser pointers that all work decently to a degree or another. They rarely drift too far from zero and handle all recoil well. Highest being 9mm at the moment. I think the nicest thing is quick acquisition and instant feed back on what you could be doing wrong. Easy to “shoot from the hip” or more accurately just point shoot and not have to raise it up and still score a mass hit. I certainly don’t see it being bullseye or any type of precision work etc. They also are touted to be deterrents if in a real world situation but lucky for me that has not had to been tested. Make sure you decide to get the ones that give you the option to either turn on as you grip or manually. That way depending on your use you can mount it and use it on your terms. When I get home next Monday I can send you the brand I use that allows both types with an easy to install strip or just a swipe of your finger.
0 x

HeliarcLee

Post by HeliarcLee » Tue May 14, 2019 8:17 am

Bfgloki wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:00 am
I have a few different laser pointers that all work decently to a degree or another. They rarely drift too far from zero and handle all recoil well. Highest being 9mm at the moment. I think the nicest thing is quick acquisition and instant feed back on what you could be doing wrong. Easy to “shoot from the hip” or more accurately just point shoot and not have to raise it up and still score a mass hit. I certainly don’t see it being bullseye or any type of precision work etc. They also are touted to be deterrents if in a real world situation but lucky for me that has not had to been tested. Make sure you decide to get the ones that give you the option to either turn on as you grip or manually. That way depending on your use you can mount it and use it on your terms. When I get home next Monday I can send you the brand I use that allows both types with an easy to install strip or just a swipe of your finger.
I think what he is looking at is a pic rail/frame mount for a red dot optic. Like what is used in some open guns. Not a laser sight like what is common on a under mounted rail.
0 x

Bfgloki

Post by Bfgloki » Tue May 14, 2019 8:33 am

Oh. That would look weird and never heard of that. My bad lol
0 x

Forest Walker

Post by Forest Walker » Tue May 14, 2019 9:51 am

0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Tue May 14, 2019 10:26 am

I had one of those on my SFx, Hated it!

rattled like hell and I took it off. I can upload a picture later if you want.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

Forest Walker

Post by Forest Walker » Tue May 14, 2019 11:17 am

thats good to know. last thing i want is a rattle. went through my ar to ge rid of all the noise
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Tue May 14, 2019 5:05 pm

0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

BentAero

Post by BentAero » Tue May 14, 2019 11:21 pm

Also be aware that if you decide to compete in a USPSA match, using a underside pic rail mount puts you into Open class with the hot-rod guns. Carry Optics class requires the dot to be slide mounted.
0 x