sfx Extra Power Magazine Springs

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
ramTp9sfx

sfx Extra Power Magazine Springs

Post by ramTp9sfx » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:41 pm

Hi all, I have been running the Tp9sfx in competition recently and have been getting some FTF mid magazine. I have the 18rd MecGar MA550 magazines with Taylor Freelance +4 Extensions. I am looking for an extra power magazine spring that would work, but I'm having a difficult time finding one specifically for the Canik. I called Wolff gunsprings and they were unable to help. Does anyone know of a replacement magazine spring that would work?
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Re: sfx Extra Power Magazine Springs

Post by TL1000RSquid » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:03 pm

I know the mecgar +2 bases for canik are compatible with some sigs, 92fs and p07/09/10 mags so I would imagine magazine springs for them would also work in canik mags.
1 x

ramTp9sfx

Post by ramTp9sfx » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:12 pm

I've heard that as well, so im hopeful I will find a fix quickly. I am more so concerned with how the follower attaches. I also have a grams follower/spring made for a small frame cz75b that works well but the follower connection is different than the canik
0 x

Retiredtrooper
Founding Member #: 3871

Post by Retiredtrooper » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:13 pm

I had the same problem. Taylor Freelance markets an extra power spring for mags with their +4 extensions on it. It's essentially the 140mm spring made for the S&W M&P. Check their website. I swapped them into all 7 of my mags with the extensions and have not had a problem since. Be aware that it will take a bit of bending on your part to get the springs to fit into the Canik followers.
0 x

Bchasse99
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 351

Post by Bchasse99 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:16 am

Retiredtrooper wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:13 pm
I had the same problem. Taylor Freelance markets an extra power spring for mags with their +4 extensions on it. It's essentially the 140mm spring made for the S&W M&P. Check their website. I swapped them into all 7 of my mags with the extensions and have not had a problem since. Be aware that it will take a bit of bending on your part to get the springs to fit into the Canik followers.
I had the same issue although didn't put the Canik followers back on as the spring is a bit long.. did you cut yours or just bend it in place? The grams follower works but my slide doesn't lock back on the last round which is fine but wondering how you got it on the follower without any trouble.
0 x
Brian Chasse
U.S Air Force , SMSgt (Ret)

Retiredtrooper
Founding Member #: 3871

Post by Retiredtrooper » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:27 pm

Bchasse99 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:16 am
Retiredtrooper wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:13 pm
I had the same issue although didn't put the Canik followers back on as the spring is a bit long.. did you cut yours or just bend it in place? The grams follower works but my slide doesn't lock back on the last round which is fine but wondering how you got it on the follower without any trouble.
It took a bit of work with a pair of needlenose to get the tips of those springs into the holes in the stock followers. The last couple I did I had to remove a tiny bit from the tip of the bend to get them to fit. I've done 7 of them and they were all ornery.
2 x

ramTp9sfx

Post by ramTp9sfx » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:17 pm

Wanted to give an update, I received the taylor freelance M&P springs that fit the canik as well ( I believe they are wolff +10% 141mm). A quick alteration with pliers on the spring allows the canik follower to fit. I went to the range this weekend and they worked great and functioned in all 4 of my mags with TF extensions, only ran 2 mags each so I need to do more testing. I did loose one round capacity with the M&P springs but I would rather have it feed more reliable anyhow. Thanks for all the responses!
1 x

ramTp9sfx

Post by ramTp9sfx » Tue May 14, 2019 9:47 am

Final update on this issue... I was still having what i thought was FTF issues mid magazine after the spring replacement. Turns out my support hand grip was riding the slide lock and inadvertently locking the slide back. I ordered a standard slide lock from century arms to swap out with the oversized on on the sfx. I put another 1000 down range and it has been 100%
1 x