customer service ?

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
bp1

customer service ?

Post by bp1 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:22 pm

i have heard of late that CS has gone downhill, is this true, i lost my SAm2 and was wanting to buy another gun but not if service is so so, any input helps .... thanks 8-)
0 x

rds

Re: customer service ?

Post by rds » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:01 pm

My experience dealing with Century Arms was great. Hope that helps.
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:03 pm

I haven't dealt with the customer service all that much, but when I have it's been a great experience. Owning several Caniks a couple issue did arise where I had to contact them. I've heard in the past their CS was not so good, but since I've been a Canik owner, I don't have any complaints.
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:55 pm

I've not had any problems with my Caniks I needed to contact CS for. From recent postings it seems they're CS has been pretty good as of late, atleast regarding caniks. I know in the past firsthand their CS has sucked pretty bad when it came to dealing with problems with guns they built.
0 x

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Post by higgybaby » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:07 am

I have only used customer service once on my Elite.....it was excellent for me.

I have not heard a negative remark against Century Arms, til now. And I highly suspect it to be not true.
0 x

Hibuckhobby

Post by Hibuckhobby » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:50 am

I contacted CS for a lighter RSA and they responded very quickly.
It took awhile to get the part, since they had to order some more,
but it came and worked just as described. My TP9Sf has been
flawless since installation.
regards,
Hibuck...
0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Post by GlennSFX » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:35 pm

Only interface with CS was requesting the reduced RSA which was sent out no questions asked.
0 x

easy10

Post by easy10 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:13 pm

Getting parts may be an issue. Firing pins been on backorder for a while.
0 x

Bchasse99
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 351

Post by Bchasse99 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:27 pm

Just corresponded with customer service yesterday and they are prompt. I must of had my spam email filter on because I emailed them last week about the RSA and thought they were blowing me off.. but as it turns out they had emailed me several times which I found in my spam box... sensing that was the case, they even replied with there personal email address so I could correspond directly with a representative to ensure my questions and issues were answered. In my 1 year of owning the SFX, contacted them 3 times and the latest a few days ago all with prompt service. As folks have said, mail time and processing a replacement item might take a little time. Hope this helps.. My neighbor has a Taurus and that customer service on the other hand is not as good as Century Arms in my opinion.
1 x
Brian Chasse
U.S Air Force , SMSgt (Ret)

Bub

Post by Bub » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:01 pm

easy10 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:13 pm
I'm wondering. I requested the lighter RSA assembly 3 wks ago and haven't heard a thing.
0 x

GaCop

Post by GaCop » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:36 am

Bub wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:01 pm
easy10 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:13 pm
I'm wondering. I requested the lighter RSA assembly 3 wks ago and haven't heard a thing.
Same thing here. I've heard RSAs are backorder right now so that's probably why.
0 x
Vietnam Vet - Jun 66 - Dec 67

LWolf

Post by LWolf » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:45 pm

From experience Century Arms will take "okay" care of you when they feel like it's time to respond to your question/concern. Honestly, it all depend on how they're feeling at the moment. Don't be surprised if you do not hear back from them within 2-3 weeks. And when they do decide to respond you really don't get much at all. Want to talk about customer service??? Try Wilson Combat and you'll feel the immediate urge to trade a kidney for one of their firearms due to their CS alone! We've emailed them with questions regarding parts and products and they've responded in less then 20 minutes time, not only answering our questions but with FULL blown details such as specific directions, advantages of the product, any disadvantages, and even offer to provide step by step aid!
0 x

colonel00

Post by colonel00 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:59 pm

LWolf wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:45 pm
From experience Century Arms will take "okay" care of you when they feel like it's time to respond to your question/concern. Honestly, it all depend on how they're feeling at the moment. Don't be surprised if you do not hear back from them within 2-3 weeks. And when they do decide to respond you really don't get much at all. Want to talk about customer service??? Try Wilson Combat and you'll feel the immediate urge to trade a kidney for one of their firearms due to their CS alone! We've emailed them with questions regarding parts and products and they've responded in less then 20 minutes time, not only answering our questions but with FULL blown details such as specific directions, advantages of the product, any disadvantages, and even offer to provide step by step aid!
I kinda feel the same way. I have another thread going about how my SA M2 doesn't take weapon lights. There's something wrong with the pic rail. I originally emailed them and within 2 days had a response asking about what lights I was trying to mount. When I responded with photos and a better description of the issue and measurements, I haven't heard back in almost a week. I mean, I have an open case now and I can't even get acknowledgement that they have received my replies. Not the end of the world but it leaves me a little frustrated.
0 x

LWolf

Post by LWolf » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:13 am

colonel00 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:59 pm
LWolf wrote:
I kinda feel the same way. I have another thread going about how my SA M2 doesn't take weapon lights. There's something wrong with the pic rail. I originally emailed them and within 2 days had a response asking about what lights I was trying to mount. When I responded with photos and a better description of the issue and measurements, I haven't heard back in almost a week. I mean, I have an open case now and I can't even get acknowledgement that they have received my replies. Not the end of the world but it leaves me a little frustrated.
I understand how frustrating it can be. I'm not very mechanically gifted but being with Century Arms had me learn how to work on my own firearms. Maybe that's a good thing... LOL. Anything other than the frame and slide itself, I'll just order the part and replace what is needed once I figure the exact cause of the problem. Don't get me wrong cause I'm not purposely bashing the manufacturer as they do make excellent firearms for the money. But customer service is always a big deal. When you don't need it then it's kind of like oh yeah ok. But if you ever find yourself in a situation where customer service is needed then it'll be nice to know how to proceed in a timely manner.
When I first got into guns I was on a tight budget so I settled on my very first Canik. Right out of the box the pistol would stovepipe with every other round using everything else on the shelf besides NATO. I figured it was due to an overly stiff RSA. Contacted Century Arms through the phone and they requested that I shoot them an email detailing the exact malfunctions I'm experiencing. I did as directed and received a response within a few hours stating that it's mostly likely the RSA and they'll get back to me asap. Days went by without a follow up. So there I was without a properly functioning gun. A month passed by with multiple failed attempts to get an answer, suddenly I received a little box in the mail from Century Arms containing a new and lighter RSA. Had no idea they were even planning to ship me one.....
0 x

McCanik

Post by McCanik » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:18 pm

LWolf wrote:
Comparing Century Arms to Wilson Combat is like comparing Hyundai to Rolls Royce. Do you expect to see a complimentary shrimp platter in the service waiting room at a Hyundai dealership?

If you spend literally 10 times more for a product as a competitor will charge, you expect perfection. If it isn't perfect you at least expect great customer service. Wilson and Rolls treat you so well because they don't want you going off on a rant on the internet disparaging their very expensive products.

Since Caniks and Hyundais are cheaper they need more service and it would be a wonderful world if we actually got better service just because it was needed. But I know when I buy a sub $400 gun that I'm getting something short of perfection. I wish I could shoot well enough to justify a $3000 gun but I don't so here I am in the Canik waiting room.
0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Post by GlennSFX » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:56 pm

McCanik wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:18 pm

Since Caniks and Hyundais are cheaper they need more service...
:-? ...I don't know about that.

It seems like most of the guys that have issues at the matches I've been at are running Atlas, STI or Akai high end guns. It seems like they can be very finicky. Only issue I've had was at a recent match in NC where a significant amount of sand go into a mag and jammed up the follower, so I essentially had an "empty mag" with bullets in it. One of the guys running an STI told me he removes all the bullets from any mag he drops, takes it down, and runs a "mag brush" though it. Said even a spec of dirt getting into his gun can cause problems.
0 x

LWolf

Post by LWolf » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:42 pm

McCanik, so I'm comparing Rolls-Royce to a Hyundai? :lol: Fair enough. So what about Ruger? The Ruger SR22 to be exact. A sub $400 firearm as you've stated above. My buddy happened to purchase one a while back which experienced double feeds using many different brands of ammunition and several different magazines. Contacted Ruger and the pistol was back to Ruger in no time. Did Ruger corrected the problem? Nope. Instead they test fired it and sent out a brand new gun immediately. And no bud, I don't expect a shrimp platter. :)) but I believe we would all wish that a manufacturer would respond to all their supporting customers in a timely manner. And fyi a $3000 firearm is not guaranteed to experience less problems then a sub $400 pistol. Perhaps you'll never have to roll up into a car shop with your Rolls-Royce for service ever. LOL
0 x

ncjw

Post by ncjw » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Rolls Royce service beats Wilson. A hundred years ago I was riding in an acquaintance's Rolls and he explained that if you damaged any of the fine grained woodwork in the car, they kept the log that your car's trim was made from and fabricated a new piece so that the grain and color matched perfectly. I don't know if they still do that, but it was very impressive at the time.
0 x

McCanik

Post by McCanik » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:41 pm

Good point, Ruger sells modestly priced guns and has excellent customer service. But, Ruger sells A LOT more guns than Century and I'm sure their service department is pretty big compared to Century's. Nonetheless, Century should take note of Ruger's commercial success based on customer service and try to emulate them.
0 x

GaCop

Post by GaCop » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:32 am

I got a shipping notice from Century Arms a few days ago. A RSA should be arriving via FedEx today.
0 x
Vietnam Vet - Jun 66 - Dec 67