Holsters

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Devonator12g

Holsters

Post by Devonator12g » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:12 pm

I apologize if this has been thoroughly discussed on this forum,but I can't seem to find much info on the subject. I am in need of an iwb holster for my elite. All i can find are holsters for the tp9sa and sfx. Are they interchangeable? What do you guys recommend?
0 x

ImMobyYouDick
Founding Member #: 1337

Re: Holsters

Post by ImMobyYouDick » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:12 am

Get in touch with smoky mountain concealment. He's the go to for anything canik related. I have a discount code if you end up buying, just let me know
0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Post by GlennSFX » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:03 am

I second the SMC holsters. I just received my second SFX Comp 2 and the quality is second to none!
As mentioned, reach out to them and see what they can do for the Elite Series.

0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:51 am

I have an IWB holster from Smoky Mountain Concealment. Get in contact with them and they'll take care of you. https://smokymtnconcealment.com/
0 x

hoosiercodger
Founding Member #: 420

Post by hoosiercodger » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:20 am

Not to go against the current wisdom but you can also get the no print wonder from Clinger Holsters, It's a versatile system that you can change out the hardware and turn it into a OWB holster too if you wish. I find it conceals very well IWB. Crossbreed Holsters also makes some good ones to fit the Elite. Plenty of choices if you just look around some. The smaller companies seem to move faster on their feet than the huge companies like Galco.
1 x
Never argue with an idiot for he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!!!

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:22 am

I'll second Clinger I have bought a couple of the no print wonders.
1 x

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:22 am

TL1000RSquid wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:22 am
I haven't paid too much attention to Clinger holsters. I'll have to look at them more closely.
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator

Post by TL1000RSquid » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:00 am

Janik wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:22 am
TL1000RSquid wrote:
I haven't paid too much attention to Clinger holsters. I'll have to look at them more closely.
Heres 2 of mine, the cheapest basic iwb and the more expensive ($30 and $50 is what i paid) adjustable one. They're both pretty good holsters the no print is worth the little bit extra money for adjustability and is more comfortable.
0 x

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:13 am

TL1000RSquid wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:00 am
Janik wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:22 am
TL1000RSquid wrote:
Heres 2 of mine, the cheapest basic iwb and the more expensive ($30 and $50 is what i paid) adjustable one. They're both pretty good holsters the no print is worth the little bit extra money for adjustability and is more comfortable.
Nice. How does the P07 feel carrying it IWB? I'm looking at getting the Clinger Wonder for my Walther P99c as I'm looking at their site, but I may get it instead for my P07.
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator

Post by TL1000RSquid » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:25 am

It carries pretty good in the Clinger though I think I'm going to raise the clips up a notch so it sits a little lower, I carry it at 4 oclock and its comfortable there sitting or driving.
1 x

tbruns

Post by tbruns » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:40 am

I got this for my Elite and it fits great. I am not a carry guy, so can’t speak for carry comfort of it. Bought it for if/when I need it. But, feels comfortable when walking around the house.

0 x

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Post by higgybaby » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:52 am

Clinger..........

Edit: tried to upload a pic of my Elite in a Clinger- but I can not seem to make it work. I have the Stingray.

Anyway see link below-

https://clingerholsters.com/canik-tp9sf-elite-holsters/
0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:03 am

Never heard of the Clinger brand. The V3 No Print Wonder Holster looks very interesting! I like the concept.
The lower clip uses the same approach as an appendix carry holster to pull it in towards the body.
I'll have to call them and see if they can do one for the Combat and what options are available. I definitely need an optics cut.

I'm currently using a White Hat MaxTuck that I had a kydex for a M11-A1, and it was just about a perfect fit for the Combat. I did have to cut and shape the kydex for the optic. The MaxTuck already has the forward cant established and has dual clips to adjust it further. I tried one of their holsters with the single clip and didn't like it.

0 x

yaboyjosh

Post by yaboyjosh » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:10 am

smc is the best ive used for the sfx.. he makes a quality product and is super helpfull
1 x

hoosiercodger

Post by hoosiercodger » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:41 am

One thing that I forgot to mention about Clinger. I ordered my no print wonder with all the extra hardware on Wed. night after it had closed. It says on the website to give them 3 days to make it. They shipped it the next morning and I received it via US mail on Sat. Can't beat that sort of customer service.
1 x
Never argue with an idiot for he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!!!

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:34 pm

yaboyjosh wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:10 am
smc is the best ive used for the sfx.. he makes a quality product and is super helpfull
Agreed! I have two and they are awesome.

I also reached out to Clinger with an email to see it they can do a V3 No Print for the Combat with an optics cut.

EDIT:
Just got my reply..... :sad:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I'm sorry but we don't currently support that setup. It has been added to our request list though. We might add support for that canik later this year.

Please let us know if we can assist you further!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

:-? ...I guess one option would be to cut the kydex myself for the optic and trim for the threaded barrel. I think the end of the barrel would still be within the overall length of the kydex. I'll have to take a close look at my Elite and Combat and see if there is anything else that would need to be addressed.

EDIT #2:
Now that I looked at this a little bit closer...I think the upper leather mount is definitely in the way of where the optic cut would be.
0 x

hoosiercodger

Post by hoosiercodger » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:59 pm

Image Image

Well perhaps. If I did this right here are two views of a current production no print wonder with an Elite inserted. The leather piece rides lower than the picture that you had and if it came out right you can see how large the sight channel is. Clinger uses the same shell for all their holsters now so you can turn the npw into a V3 by removing the leather and the plastic piece that tucks in the butt of the gun and replacing it with a belt clip by using the holes in the kydex above the trigger guard. you have the option of a 15 degree cant or straight cant for IWB appendix. I don't know though, it seems to me that an Elite Combat with red dot is a big heavy piece of steel to wear IWB.
1 x

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:06 pm

hoosiercodger wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:59 pm
I don't know though, it seems to me that an Elite Combat with red dot is a big heavy piece of steel to wear IWB.
Definitely would be for me. I'm considering a Wonder for my CZP07, which that too would be a little big for me to IWB. But I'm getting bored carrying my Walther P99c and want to mix it up. I thought about my Elite, but the slide is longer than my P07 and Walther P99c, so I don't think it would be very comfortable for me.
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator

Post by TL1000RSquid » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:08 pm

Looking at the one for my p07 it looks doable to cut the kydex, screw looks like its just barely not in the way, only have the stingray for my elite though so cant tell for sure. Don't have a clinger for my Glock or S&W which are only ones currently wearing an RMR.
0 x

hoosiercodger

Post by hoosiercodger » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:15 pm

Janik wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:06 pm
hoosiercodger wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:59 pm
I don't know though, it seems to me that an Elite Combat with red dot is a big heavy piece of steel to wear IWB.
I thought about my Elite, but the slide is longer than my P07 and Walther P99c, so I don't think it would be very comfortable for me.
It's not so bad just be sure to have a good solid gun belt. My elite is my edc. My biggest problem is body shape. since I developed this middle age gut, and I don't have much in the way of a butt, it's sort of like trying to keep pants on a funnel. :smile:
2 x