Ordered TP9SFX FDE

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
mich3210

Re: Ordered TP9SFX FDE

Post by mich3210 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:51 am

runeight wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:14 am
mich3210 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:43 am
oldfrank wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:56 pm
Have you asked if they will ship with 10 round mags? I bet they will.
I sure have... at about 5 different places. No one will do it.
Sales must be good huh?
Must be.... most of them have said that because the SKU/UPC wouldn't match what's in the package they can't send it that way.

I'm still searching and might have to reach out to some local folks, but typically it costs more when buying local vs. online (even after paying transfer costs).
0 x

runeight
Founding Member #: 198

Post by runeight » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:47 am

mich3210 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:51 am
runeight wrote:
mich3210 wrote:

Sales must be good huh?
Must be.... most of them have said that because the SKU/UPC wouldn't match what's in the package they can't send it that way.

I'm still searching and might have to reach out to some local folks, but typically it costs more when buying local vs. online (even after paying transfer costs).
You know what? I didn’t think of that. Different stock number. I have seen sites that will swap magazines for California folks however.

Works both ways I suppose.
0 x
We are in a civil war..
..we just haven’t brought out the guns.

mich3210

Post by mich3210 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:58 pm

runeight wrote:
mich3210 wrote:
oldfrank wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:56 pm
Have you asked if they will ship with 10 round mags? I bet they will.
Sales must be good huh?
Guess so... no one wants to change them out for me or special order me what I want. At least not online distributors.
0 x

oldfrank

Post by oldfrank » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:37 pm

Alright, things are progressing!
Picked up the TP9SFX from my FFL this afternoon. Looks and feels nice.
Got home and took it apart, nice looking on the inside too. Nice workmanship.
I cleaned it up. Installed the Galloway trigger and safety plunger spring and a Glock 6.5 striker spring and polished the safety detent a little.
Installed a Traction Grip and everything back together,easy to work on compared to some of my CZ's.

I got the optic plate on and Burris FF3 shows arriving tomorrow. I got plenty of ammo and will get a range trip in this week but probably have to wait on new OWB holster from KT-Mech. Talked to a seller and ordered three single clip on magazine pouches from ebay. I like ones with a clip or tek-Lok so I don't have to remove my belt to install.
Did some searching and asking about magazine carriers and even though the ones I bought were for a canik, I have been told and verified CZ75 pouches will work. Also told but not verified Beretta M9 and SA XD sized pouches will work also. I was also told Glock pouches will work but most won't. I have some double Glock pouches from Comp-Tac that I like but they would be pretty mangled by the time you got them squeezed down to fit.
Pretty chilly but I don't care, going to the outdoor range I belong to where I will have an action bay to myself so I can shoot,draw and move and do whatever I want to do as long as it is safe.
1 x

ranebowcyxx

Post by ranebowcyxx » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:25 am

Congrats on getting it, can't wait to see your range report
0 x

oldfrank

Re: Ordered TP9SFX FDE +Range Report

Post by oldfrank » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:01 pm

What a sweet shooting gun. Was about 35 out and sunny when I went to the outdoor range. I set up three IDPA type targets and one with some circles to get the red dot sighted in. I set it on top of the front sight at home and at the range it just needed to come down a little.

I shot about 70 rounds of Fiocchi 124 FMJ, 100 of my handloaded 135gr SNS Coated RN bullets and about 75 Handloaded 124 JHP using RMR bullets. Not a single problem of any kind.
Trigger felt great, recoil and ejection were great and the Red Dot tracked up and down nicely. If I had my holster and mag pouches I would shoot this in a little USPSA match Saturday and only need to do a little dry firing on drawing.
This gun is worth more than it cost but don't tell anybody.

If I had any problem at all it was the small magazine release still dug into my off hand. I had to stop shooting and pull that thing off. With no extension it is easy to reach!

1 x

runeight
Founding Member #: 198

Post by runeight » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:16 pm

Glad it worked out for you. Still haven’t shot mine.
0 x
We are in a civil war..
..we just haven’t brought out the guns.