Canik TP9DA Burnt Bronze

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Re: Canik TP9DA Burnt Bronze

Post by Badgerboy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:23 pm

Janik wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:19 pm
I like the DA so much I have 4 of them now.
You are my hero. ^:)^
0 x
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?

jnichols2

Post by jnichols2 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:01 pm

I came back for a second read. I'm just now starting to sort some of the models out.

I bought my first Canik, a Elite Combat, less than two weeks ago. It seems to have promise as a carry gun.
CA has a plain (non threaded) barrel for the SF, but I can't tell if it will fit the Elite Combat.
That would cost $120 to save about .7" in length.

Then I started reading about the TP9 DA. It's even a bit shorter than the SF Elite, and would free up the Combat to install a red dot.
If I can get it for a good price, it will only cost about $350 more than a spare unthreaded barrel. It also brings two 18 round mags.
For me, the DA/SA operation would a plus, I'm familiar with the Sig P-22x series. I see the DA first shot as an added safety mechanism.

I also have a SFx with red dot. I'm not currently considering that for carry. Especially since the 20 round mags fit the Elite Combat.

Anyone want to buy a Glock 19? :mrgreen: (That's a joke, not trying to shortcut the "For Sale")
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:45 pm

jnichols2 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:01 pm
For me, the DA/SA operation would a plus
The double action on the DA isn't bad at all, and I find the heavier trigger pull to be a plus as well. It's not hard to hit center mass when drawing and shooting quickly at 15 or 20 yards. And, a short press check will put it in single action mode should you want to. I grew up with DA/SA handguns, so the transition doesn't bother me at all.
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:49 pm

jnichols2 wrote:
Anyone want to buy a Glock 19?
Sold mine off after I bought my Elite. I started with the V2, then shortly after bought the Elite. Once I had that, my relationship with Glock was over and I sold them all off. I really wanted to like Glock, but they just weren't for me. Unfortunately I don't think any other brand will be able to compete with Glocks aftermarket.
0 x

jnichols2

Post by jnichols2 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:49 am

Janik wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:45 pm
jnichols2 wrote:
For me, the DA/SA operation would a plus
The double action on the DA isn't bad at all, and I find the heavier trigger pull to be a plus as well. It's not hard to hit center mass when drawing and shooting quickly at 15 or 20 yards. And, a short press check will put it in single action mode should you want to. I grew up with DA/SA handguns, so the transition doesn't bother me at all.
I carried a S&W Airweight revolver with a 2" barrel.
Once I learned to shoot that gun, most other DA guns are easy.
0 x

jnichols2

Post by jnichols2 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:50 pm

Well, I went to Academy yesterday. They seem to be the only store in town that carries Canik.

They had a DA and a SF for the same price, and I liked the SF better.
They had a TP9 V2 in.the back "on special" for $319. It had a non-functional decocker.
I really wonder how long it has been in the back room.

I bought the SF. After getting it home, it almost seems on the level of the Elite Combat, minus the threaded barrel and optic mount.
It has a 3 lb 15 oz trigger that feels like the Elite Combat.
While the grip is technically longer, the SF with a 18 round mag is not much longer than the Elite with a 15 round mag.
The SF slide, without the threaded barrel, is definitely shorter than the Elite Combat.

The Elite Combat does have a little more upgraded look and feel. But I think it will make a real good carry gun.
In the Texas summer, my Sig P365 might work better.
0 x