TP9SF Elite-S with RMR?

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
ncjw

Re: TP9SF Elite-S with RMR?

Post by ncjw » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:17 am

It is apparently shipping in Turkey, here is there version of the Canik Fanatik Forum with lots of pictures of it (page 1 & 2):

http://www.tabancatufek.com/forum2/show ... ?tid=14914

Anybody speak Turkish?
1 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:50 am

ncjw wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:17 am
It is apparently shipping in Turkey, here is there version of the Canik Fanatik Forum with lots of pictures of it (page 1 & 2):

http://www.tabancatufek.com/forum2/show ... ?tid=14914

Anybody speak Turkish?
I imagine it's only a matter of time before we see it here in the U.S. Though, they may not import it depending on how well the Elite S sold here in the states. Also, with Shot Show coming up next month, that's generally when they announce new models that will be coming to market. I'm still lukewarm in the trigger stop. But, I heard they had to produce it for one of their government contracts. I don't own an Elite S, but I suppose it serves a purpose and may be beneficial.
0 x

ncjw

Post by ncjw » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:05 pm

If I had known that this was going to be available in, say, the next six months or so, I may have held off on the Elite-S. Having the option of putting an RMR on it may have made it more useful. Now that I have the Elite-S,or if I had tried it at a store or something, I would pass on it and the Elite-S Combat.

After the first week, I haven't used the safety, as before, I am not a fan of it. I am trying to get used to the idea of the modern, no thumb safety, manual of arms. On the SFX it wasn't as much of a problem, since it was only a range gun. But as a nightstand or carry gun, it is going to take a lot longer to get used to the idea of the Elite-S safety design.
0 x

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:20 pm

ncjw wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:05 pm
I am trying to get used to the idea of the modern, no thumb safety, manual of arms.
That's why I'm still a big fan of DA/SA. My nightstand and carry guns are the V2, DA or Walther P99c. If I'm woken up in the middle of the night, I don't want to deal with a safety, but I also don't want a hair trigger. To me, the V2 and DA are a nice compromise. And the trigger has really smoothed out in my older V2, and it's very easy to shoot. I also have a spring kit coming from Galloway Precision to install in my DA and see if I can drop the poundage a little bit.

On a side note, I just got my Elite Combat slide back from Galloway Precision. They copied the RMR cut and the four plates. They are going to offer slide work on Caniks. I may end up sending them my Elite slide once they are ready. I also inquired about a plate to use if not running a red dot, and they will probably provide a cover with the rear iron built into it, like the Elite Combat and SFx has.
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:06 pm

Janik wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:20 pm

On a side note, I just got my Elite Combat slide back from Galloway Precision. They copied the RMR cut and the four plates. They are going to offer slide work on Caniks. I may end up sending them my Elite slide once they are ready. I also inquired about a plate to use if not running a red dot, and they will probably provide a cover with the rear iron built into it, like the Elite Combat and SFx has.
Any idea if one wants to keep irons will/can they mill through the loaded chamber indicator area?
0 x

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:15 pm

TL1000RSquid wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:06 pm
Janik wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:20 pm

Any idea if one wants to keep irons will/can they mill through the loaded chamber indicator area?
I asked about that, since I was hoping to keep the rear irons, but they indicated it probably wouldn't work. We will see though what they come up with for the final result. I just wish more red dots had a rear sight built in like the SHIELD. Seems like a rather simple concept. The SHIELD can even be used with a stock front sight to witness in the lower 1/3, if I understand the design correctly. I've no experience with it.
0 x

bjoshua1002

Post by bjoshua1002 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:06 pm

the reason the rmr sites do not often have a rear sight is that there is no way it would match the front sight on very many pistols. then you would have to be able to adjust elevation on both the rear sight and optic seperate or all you would see is the rear sight and a blank lense
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:58 pm

bjoshua1002 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:06 pm
the reason the rmr sites do not often have a rear sight is that there is no way it would match the front sight on very many pistols. then you would have to be able to adjust elevation on both the rear sight and optic seperate or all you would see is the rear sight and a blank lense
Usually need to go with suppressor height sights.
0 x

bjoshua1002

Post by bjoshua1002 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:26 am

so I did the theory test this week end for less than $20 i got an airstoft rmr-ish functioning sight. it fit (cause i said so). wish i could find the damn pictures!
[youtube]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Iwara ... r8LQEQ=s85[/youtube]
removed rail mount, and a little dremel tool action to the toy sight made the rail mount screws line up perfect like it was a trijicon, and it was fun, *dont judge me* and now i have a new battery and a sweet case* oddly enough the airsoft flip up had the largest window beside all the $200+. anyway to do a "quick zero" i just made the dot line up with the front site. ( Not How To Do That At All) but i was 15 ft tops so ehh. and just trying to make the front site and dot meet was difficult and odd. as the OP's first pic looks to me like the warren fronts. I promise they are the same irons on the EC. i couldnt imagine using irons through that lens with a burnt battery. there is no way the sight could match anything other that its own specific model per platform front sight. EG. glock mos plates are a little higher, sight lower etc. But look at the controls, adjustments on the sides???? they made their own(had one made) it isnt a vortex, halosun, trij, or fire...The real cheap crap... so who has software to clear up that picture. i propose we all forget the dot, for shorter range. it is kinda a bitch to allow your brain to be fooled so your focus can change your POI dramatically. Has anyone looked at XS sights. I swear im either getting a CC laser right now or those XS Irons. they give you suck quick target aquisition and you just auto line up. Look at them...tritium, night sights, fastest recovery after the shot ive ever done personally.
So to my fellow TP9 EC guys, i personally recommend the blackhawk cqc Glock 19,21,23,30...? M&P 9 and 40. I swear thats what the box is labeled. no numbers anymore. and if you are fast XS @ https://www.opticsplanet.com/xs-sight-s ... 01s-5.html or CC green laser @ https://www.opticsplanet.com/crimson-tr ... l-fit.html.

I dont know how but both are $123 :-? and the FDE is cheaper than black :!: so...buy both right????since the laser should be 199.99 for the red universal?
0 x