Repair parts

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
teagur

Repair parts

Post by teagur » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:02 pm

Would someone please tell me how to order repair parts for a Canik TP9 Elite SC. I need the slide release lever and pins that were damaged during trigger removal. Have contacted Support@centuryarms.com twice with no response. I'm willing to pay for the parts but just need to know how to order them. Can't find a parts schematic or anything. Any help would be appreciated.
0 x

colonel00
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Repair parts

Post by colonel00 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:10 pm

Sadly Century Arms is probably the only option you're gonna have. Now, you could also check out Apex Gun Parts but it doesn't look like they have anything you'd need right now.

What parts were damaged? The right side slide release and the pin for it? How bad was it damaged and have you tried replacing with another pin?
0 x

teagur

Post by teagur » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:50 pm

Retaining pin is peened on bottom, after drilling mushroomed portion with drill was able to remove pin and side lever but not a clean job. Saw on video where canik supplied a new complete lever and retaining pin but I don't know how he got it. Pistol will function but just looks bad buggered up like that. Sure would like to know how to obtain repair parts since I own six Canik pistols but luckily haven't needed any until now.
0 x

colonel00
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by colonel00 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:09 pm

Century Arms should get back to you eventually. They aren't always the fastest to respond (I think there's just one guy it seems like) but they should get you taken care of.
0 x

teagur

Post by teagur » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:26 pm

I was contacted by Sam at Century Arms and they're sending the parts. Guess I can't ask for any more than that. It would still be nice to have a parts schematic, there may be a cleaning mat with parts on it but I'm not sure. To get back to the TP9 Elite SC. To install an aftermarket trigger you have to remove the slide lock lever, it serves as the trigger pivot pin. The retaining pin is peened on the bottom. The hole on top of the lever is larger than the bottom hole and must be removed from the top. To accomplish this the mushroomed portion on the bottom of the pin must be removed, this was done by using a drill bit slightly larger than the pin. Removing the pin isn't a piece of cake, use a very short punch with a sharpened end(like a center punch) with a small shank. Once you get it started it can be removed. The lever can be removed with a small flat tip screwdriver and lots of patience. I assume the bottom of the pin is peened to secure it to prevent movement. Trust me, IT'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE! Very tight fit. This SC I have is just as good and accurate as the rest of my Caniks. I'm not a very good pistol shot but with these pistols even I look good sometimes. The price, quality, and the customer service leave very little more for me to desire. Thanks to colonel00 for responding to my post and good luck to all that do a trigger upgrade.
1 x