heading logo

Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
By ddbtdd
So, about a month ago I ordered online and prepaid for a brand new Canik TP9 Elite SC through a local gun range.
To make a long story short, someone obviously took their liberties with it before I was able to pick it up.
Is that business as usual in the gun world? I know that if I had prepaid for a new car or whatever and someone put unnecessary miles on it before I picked it up I would be beyond pissed.
I mean the least they could do is tell me how they liked it or if it had any problems.
Should I be disappointed or not?
Last edited by ddbtdd on Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
It depends what you mean by "liberties"...maybe a few rounds to test before the sale...but even than is an eyebrow raiser. If I buy a new gun, I want it to be from the factory, with me the first to shoot it (besides the QA check at the factory). I would ask for a virgin pistol, or a discount on this one...
By ddbtdd
It was not an in stock item. I had to order it.
If I was purchasing something out of a show case or an in stock item it might be different.
I didn't pay for it so someone else could unwrap it and be the first to play with it.
Last edited by ddbtdd on Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ddbtdd
In fairness no, the range was too busy for me to wait to even try it myself.
I opened the case to check if it was the black out edition, bought two boxes of what ever ammo they had and left.
At home I went over it to my disappointment.
ddbtdd wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:21 pm So, about a month ago I ordered online and prepaid for a brand new Canik TP9 Elite SC through a local gun range.
To make a long story short, someone obviously took their liberties with it before I was able to pick it up.
Is that business as usual in the gun world? I know that if I had prepaid for a new car or whatever and someone put unnecessary miles on it before I picked it up I would be beyond pissed.
I mean the least they could do is tell me how they liked it or if it had any problems.
Should I be disappointed or not?
i have only bought 3 guns so far. each one was ordered at the gun shop, or range. each one had to have the seal broken, for it to be inspected by me at the time of pick up.

so yeah, i'd be pissed off as well.

however, it could have been standard operating procedure at THAT place you bought it at.

you really should have stayed there and asked questions about this then. as now it is too late to lodge a complaint if someone opened it to just be nosy.
ddbtdd wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:31 pm In fairness no, the range was too busy for me to wait to even try it myself.
I opened the case to check if it was the black out edition, bought two boxes of what ever ammo they had and left.
At home I went over it to my disappointment.
Well, I'd definitely call them up and talk with the manager. Find out if anyone could have messed with it. Maybe they have a problem with an employee and don't know about it.

Also, what exactly did you find? Was it dirty? Scratched? Open packaging?
By ddbtdd
My first impression was it looked smudged and handled.
There was no sticker on the slide as I have seen these unboxed. There is a paper with the barcode pretty crumpled and the green plastic was removed from the trigger guard. Maybe I have too high of expectations, but it looked disappointing.
I would be more than a little disappointed! You should have inspected it the minute it was handed to you. As a matter of fact. I do not do the transfer until I do inspect and approve of the firearm.
First of all we know nothing happening if gun shooting. In Canik Factory also every pistol shoots before pack.

But ethically no one can touch the pre paid order. Even just for look. This is rule number one in bussines. If some paid for goods, a momement from paid he is owner of goods.

Best you can do , call the shop and yell them. Secondry share the Shop name some other local user will stay far away.
By RWIG
I would be a "POed" if I ordered a new firearm and received it with signs of wear and tear. I am jealous you were able to get your hands on a TP9 Elite SC Black Out. I have been trying to get one for over a month now. The local shops I where I was planning to buy have been sold out, and the few online I have been able to find have been greatly overpriced, so instead of giving into the current supply and demand, I am waiting.

So I am also not surprised someone took liberties with your new gun, since that may be the only one like it around for a while.
By ddbtdd
I emailed the shop with my disappointment and this was their full reply:

Have you ever purchased anything imported by Century Arms? Caniks are and they always come about the same. It's not the stores that touch the tags (unless they block serial numbers). It's actually the US Customers that go through nearly every box as they are imported. We have received them with the actual barcode tag taped to the outside of the box. This has nothing to do with us except in some rare occasion where it was required.

Does this sound right? Has anyone experienced this?
By 37L1
ddbtdd wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:38 pm I emailed the shop with my disappointment and this was their full reply:

Have you ever purchased anything imported by Century Arms? Caniks are and they always come about the same. It's not the stores that touch the tags (unless they block serial numbers). It's actually the US Customers that go through nearly every box as they are imported. We have received them with the actual barcode tag taped to the outside of the box. This has nothing to do with us except in some rare occasion where it was required.

No. All of mine have had the "Remove before firing" on the slide as well as the tag attached to the trigger guard.
ddbtdd wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:38 pm I emailed the shop with my disappointment and this was their full reply:

Ask them is that also part of job descrptions of US Customers to make try shoot with import each pistol? If yes you would be interesting to visit their shooting range also.

I am not living US but other users will answer with correctly information. But sound like really ........ to me.
That's BULL$HIT!!!!
The three Caniks I bought, SFX, Elite, and Elite Combat all had the stickers on the slides and where untouched. That would be the last purchase I'd be making there!!!
GlennSFX wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:53 pm That's BULL$HIT!!!!
The three Caniks I bought, SFX, Elite, and Elite Combat all had the stickers on the slides and where untouched. That would be the last purchase I'd be making there!!!
my one and only Canik TP 9 SF, had absolutley NO stickers of ANY kind on the slide nor the trigger.

maybe it "is plausible/possible" that U.S. Cutoms...(not customers) actually do check out some that come into the country?

they may not check each and every box, maybe they "spot check" some, which could have been what they did to mine? seems to make sense to me, that my local gun store is on the utmost up and up on sales, service, and frankly, i cannot see them opening up and handling my gun that comes from another country.

they have NO firing range either.

so thinking earlier of my previous answer, with the o/p mentioning 'customs" ( i know customers was the word used, but they meant Customs), i do have to believe it is true, that Customs opened up some boxes to inspect.

maybe if further looking/searching is done ( i will try) we can verify this to be true by the o/p's gun store.
i found this, regarding US Customs

Examination of goods and documents is necessary to determine, among other
things:
• The value of the goods for customs purposes and their dutiable status,
• Whether the goods must be marked with their country of origin or require
special marking or labeling. If so, whether they are marked in the manner
required,
• Whether the shipment contains prohibited articles,
• Whether the goods are correctly invoiced,
• Whether the goods are in excess of the invoiced quantities or a shortage
exists,
• Whether the shipment contains illegal narcotics.
Prior to the goods’ release, the port director will designate representative
quantities for examination by CBP officers under conditions that will safeguard the
goods. Some kinds of goods must be examined to determine whether they meet special
requirements of the law. For example, food and beverages unfit for human consumption
would not meet the requirements of the Food and Drug Administration.
One of the primary methods of smuggling narcotics into the United States is in
cargo shipments. Drug smugglers will place narcotics inside a legitimate cargo shipment
or container to be retrieved upon arrival in the United States. Because smugglers use any
means possible to hide narcotics, all aspects of the shipment are examined, including
container, pallets, boxes, and product. Only through intensive inspection can narcotics be
discovered.

here is a link

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files ... %20U.S.pdf

i will search for more and post it
GlennSFX wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:53 pm That's BULL$HIT!!!!
This is my experience also...and five times.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]