Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Our machine shop that makes all of our parts has outdone themselves this time. I present the first TP9SFL milled for the Trijicon RMR/Holosun 507c optics. Instead of doing a plate system we mill to the depth of the rear sight channel, then put inserts in the slide for the optic that you want to mount. No more plate system to deal with, and it will hard mount the optic of your choice instead of relying on a plate system. More parts to something always means more failure points, we've successfully eliminated that.

Image Image Image Image Image
Looks good...but the only concern would be the unsealed exposed areas under the RMR. You can see the mounting posts for the screws on the sides. Typically the slide is wide enough and has the locating pins up front. I had my P320 slide milled for an RMR, and the slide is wide enough with the milling to accommodate the full width of the optic. I'm not sure if the Trijicon sealing plate would be enough of a base to fully seal it, it's pretty thin.

Just an observation... :-?

I superimposed the milling image on the optic and aligned the mounting posts with the optic mounting holes.

GlennSFX wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:48 pm Looks good...but the only concern would be the unsealed exposed areas under the RMR. You can see the mounting posts for the screws on the sides. Typically the slide is wide enough and has the locating pins up front. I had my P320 slide milled for an RMR, and the slide is wide enough with the milling to accommodate the full width of the optic. I'm not sure if the Trijicon sealing plate would be enough of a base to fully seal it, it's pretty thin.

I superimposed the milling image on the optic and aligned the mounting posts with the optic mounting holes.

Electrical tape, been using it on my other pistols before milling was cool. Makes the best gasket for this particular option.
deserttrans wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:19 pm Yep! A lot of room for water and foreign material to get trapped underneath. A smaller optic might fit better. Thanks for the post and the work on the slide.
Where there isn't anything for it to interfere with. That's why we go to the depth we do. Any lower opens the striker pocket, at which point would cause an issue. We've been milling slides for 10 years, well before it was cool. We got you homie.
GlennSFX wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:48 pm Looks good...but the only concern would be the unsealed exposed areas under the RMR. You can see the mounting posts for the screws on the sides. Typically the slide is wide enough and has the locating pins up front. I had my P320 slide milled for an RMR, and the slide is wide enough with the milling to accommodate the full width of the optic. I'm not sure if the Trijicon sealing plate would be enough of a base to fully seal it, it's pretty thin.

Also locating pins are a scam and not needed as long as you mill for the optic on size. It's extra machining and cost that has to be passed on to the customer, when you can get an exact fit on the optic cut itself so that the optic can't move.
Have you looked at the possibility of milling a TP9DA slide for a micro red dot footprint? I'm itching to put a red dot on one of my DA's, but I'm not thrilled with the plate option in the dove tail. But I know the decocker is probably going to cause an issue. Didn't know if it's something you have looked at or considered.
GallowayPrecision wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:42 pm We can do this to any of them that DON'T have a decocker. We're working on an optic mount for the rear sight channel for the ones we can't mill.
Lose the rear sight on the Elite though right? Wish my SA didnt have the stupid decocker or I'd send it to you guys, might contact you soon about milling one of my CZ's or a G21 slide.
TL1000RSquid wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:45 am
GallowayPrecision wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:42 pm We can do this to any of them that DON'T have a decocker. We're working on an optic mount for the rear sight channel for the ones we can't mill.
Lose the rear sight on the Elite though right? Wish my SA didnt have the stupid decocker or I'd send it to you guys, might contact you soon about milling one of my CZ's or a G21 slide.
No, we can put it in front of the rear sight. You'll lose the LCI though.
GallowayPrecision wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:46 am
TL1000RSquid wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:45 am
No, we can put it in front of the rear sight. You'll lose the LCI though.
Oh ok nice, don't care about the LCI.

It makes my blood boil to see 9mm ammo priced at o[…]

Welcome to Canik Fanatik forum. Congrats on the SF[…]

Hello from MD

Welcome to Canik Fanatik forum, Tinman.

I am giving a lot of money and joining gun rights […]