Differences between Elite Combat and Elite Combat Executive

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Jenkkimike

Differences between Elite Combat and Elite Combat Executive

Post by Jenkkimike » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:02 am

I am trying to figure out the difference between the Elite Combat and the Elite Combat Executive. So far, the only differences that I can figure out are the finish color, the thread pitch, the barrel coating, and the price. What am I missing and why would I choose one over the other besides aesthetics?
0 x

colonel00

Re: Differences between Elite Combat and Elite Combat Executive

Post by colonel00 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:15 pm

I think you pretty much summed it up. It's all up to your preference and if you wanted to use a suppressor with a certain threading.
0 x

drnls

Post by drnls » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:31 pm

The number of optics plates included?
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:30 pm

Elite Combat includes 4 optic plates, the Elite Combat Executive only includes one. I believe it's for the RMR footprint.
0 x

Jenkkimike

Post by Jenkkimike » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:46 am

Thanks for the help! I like my Elite SC so much that I am already looking into my next Canik. I'm really looking for something full sized that will fit my big hands more comfortably as a range and home defense gun. I currently use a bone stock Beretta 92FS but I would like to set up a Canik with a light and a Night Fision front sight.

The three models that I am looking at are the Elite Combat Executive, SF, and SFx. The budget option SF would suit my needs but doesn't have the ability to mount a red dot. I don't plan on using a red dot for home defense but the flexibility to put one on for the range sometimes would be nice although not necessary. The Elite Combat seems awesome but someone in an old thread said that his hands didn't fit well on it. Possibly due to the flared mag well? Is that an issue others have had? Is there any reason why an SFx competition gun would be unsuitable for home defense? I don't plan on doing any serious competitive shooting. I do realize that I could get an SF and an SFx for the same cost as an Elite Combat but I just want to get one that suits my needs best.
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:05 am

Jenkkimike wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:46 am
Is there any reason why an SFx competition gun would be unsuitable for home defense?
Nope!
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

deserttrans

Post by deserttrans » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:48 pm

IMG_0799[6154].jpg
IMG_0799[6154].jpg (645.53 KiB) Viewed 128 times
The SFX will work fine in both applications. As you mentioned you could get both SF and SFX. I purchased a separate SF Single just as the home defense. I think it and the O-lite was around $325.
0 x

smokee

Post by smokee » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:02 am

Don't overlook the TP9DA. IMO, one of the best HD guns out there.
0 x

Jenkkimike

Post by Jenkkimike » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:17 am

Why do you think so? Is it because of the DA feature? I ended up ordering a product called an EZ rail that will allow me to mount a light to my 92FS. Hopefully it works well. The 92FS was the first gun I ever bought and I am just so much more comfortable with it than any other gun so I think it'll continue to be the one that I keep nearby at night.
0 x