Night Sights for Canik (Night Fision and Others)

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
colonel00
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Night Sights for Canik (Night Fision and Others)

Post by colonel00 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:02 pm

Alright, giving the NCStar tool a try. Got it from Optics Planet for $62 shipped (10% code and I had $3 in OP Bucks). Now we need to get the Night Fision group buy in gear :!! :-D
1 x

headcracker

Post by headcracker » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:10 pm

What happened to the group buy page/topic? I had it bookmarked and now it's gone. Are we not doing that anymore, or was it already done?
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:52 pm

headcracker wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:10 pm
What happened to the group buy page/topic? I had it bookmarked and now it's gone. Are we not doing that anymore, or was it already done?
Almost everyone bailed so I gave up on it. Unfortunately not enough interest.
0 x

headcracker

Post by headcracker » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:39 am

Oh well. It was a good idea!
0 x

03GTGreen

Post by 03GTGreen » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:45 pm

So i follow Canik Arms on instagram. They had posted on their story a set of tfx pros. But unfortunately they were only sold overseas. I contacted truglo about stateside sales and they said they might offer them.

Rumor has it is a S&W front/Glock rear will work. Just gotta get the right height. (Anybody know the correct heights?) Is it a 43 rear sight or a std 17^ sight?
0 x

hydguy

Post by hydguy » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:26 pm

I prefer Trijicon, but they are not making sights for the Canik, and it seeems the tru glo night sights are never in stock.

I just purchased this sight pusher on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W7 ... UTF8&psc=1

Once I get it, I'll look for sights again. This is one thing I wish the industry would settle on a common dimension for.
It also appears that finding contrasting color tritium vials isn't an option any more for most sights. I had a WC 1911 that had the old Combat Pyramid sights with green rear and orange front, and that made picking up the front sight so much easier.
0 x

jgillaspy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by jgillaspy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:16 pm

So, I've read this thread completely through at least 2 times now and no one says which way to push... So, pointing the gun down range, which way do I push to remove the sights?

JG
0 x

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:16 pm

jgillaspy wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:16 pm
So, I've read this thread completely through at least 2 times now and no one says which way to push... So, pointing the gun down range, which way do I push to remove the sights?

JG
I always go Left to Right.
1 x

cfan55

Post by cfan55 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:32 am

Do the night fisions work for the 'elite sc'? The description mentions the elite, but not the elite sc. Thinking about a white front with the green tritium in the middle, but the orange seems good for when it gets dark.
0 x

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:33 am

cfan55 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:32 am
Do the night fisions work for the 'elite sc'? The description mentions the elite, but not the elite sc. Thinking about a white front with the green tritium in the middle, but the orange seems good for when it gets dark.
I'd contact Night Fision directly and ask. I have an SC but haven't put Night Fisions on them yet since I'm running a red dot. Let us know what they. I don't see why they wouldn't, but you never know.
0 x

jgillaspy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by jgillaspy » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:14 pm

I'd be happy to share if they worked if I could just get the old one off..... I used the Sylvan standard sight pusher and got nowhere...

JG
0 x

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:33 pm

jgillaspy wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:14 pm
I'd be happy to share if they worked if I could just get the old one off..... I used the Sylvan standard sight pusher and got nowhere...

JG
Tried my Wheeler sight pusher on @Smitty504 's Elite SC and couldn't budge them. He has a set of Night Fision he wants to put on it, but so far no luck.
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:41 pm

My NCStar hasnt failed me yet, I'd say maybe try a little liquid wrench but not sure if it would be to abrasive on the delicate canik slide finishes.
1 x

GearHead_1

Post by GearHead_1 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:36 pm

TL1000RSquid wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:41 pm
My NCStar hasnt failed me yet, I'd say maybe try a little liquid wrench but not sure if it would be to abrasive on the delicate canik slide finishes.

I know the NCStar Sight Pusher got some bad press on this forum early on and I get it. After all, NCStar has made some real garbage in a variety of products over the years. That said, having used mine (It’s the one that does both front and rear) on approx. a dozen different firearms, I’ve had zero problems removing and installing new sights. I always make sure to lube the press when I use it.
0 x

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:35 pm

TL1000RSquid wrote:
I usually soak difficult sights, but we didn't have time the day I tried to change my buddys sights out. I told him to soak them for awhile and we'd probably have better luck. First time my Wheeler wouldn't budge a sight. But, my guns I also persuade them if need be with a punch. I don't do that to other peoples guns. If it was mine, I'm sure I would of got them out one way or another.
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:26 pm

GearHead_1 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:36 pm
TL1000RSquid wrote:

I know the NCStar Sight Pusher got some bad press on this forum early on and I get it. After all, NCStar has made some real garbage in a variety of products over the years. That said, having used mine (It’s the one that does both front and rear) on approx. a dozen different firearms, I’ve had zero problems removing and installing new sights. I always make sure to lube the press when I use it.
Yeah I've always considered NCStar stuff to be airsoft tier, was hesitant to get the sight tool but its the one ncstar thing I've bought that was actually well worth it. I've used it on a half dozen different guns, and loaned it out to friends a couple times. I've done 2 guns that gave me a little trouble doing a tristar and a surplus cz75, had to clamp the tool down to get enough leverage to break those rears loose, everything else has been a breeze.
0 x

jgillaspy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by jgillaspy » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:25 pm

Janik wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:35 pm
TL1000RSquid wrote:
I usually soak difficult sights, but we didn't have time the day I tried to change my buddys sights out. I told him to soak them for awhile and we'd probably have better luck. First time my Wheeler wouldn't budge a sight. But, my guns I also persuade them if need be with a punch. I don't do that to other peoples guns. If it was mine, I'm sure I would of got them out one way or another.
Soak how, with what?

JG
0 x

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:29 pm

jgillaspy wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:25 pm
Soak how, with what?
I usually just use Hoppes oil. But might be better options out there.
0 x

ddreveler

Post by ddreveler » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:17 am

So has anyone had any luck just changing the front sight on a TP9SFX? I love the rear that comes with it, but the front fiber is not doing it for me. I was thinking of throwing an Ameriglo orange M&P sight up front. Thoughts? Anyone had success just replacing front?
0 x

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:41 pm

ddreveler wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:17 am
So has anyone had any luck just changing the front sight on a TP9SFX? I love the rear that comes with it, but the front fiber is not doing it for me. I was thinking of throwing an Ameriglo orange M&P sight up front. Thoughts? Anyone had success just replacing front?
I've heard of some having success. I tried replacing just the front on my Elite with a Night Fision, but it was shooting low. I've read others though have replaced just the front sight and were happy with it.
1 x