Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
By Sandpaper
I encourage everyone to check out the new vids Canik has released for the Mete line of Sf pistols.
By Sandpaper
Lthrnck1775 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:05 pm How are they different from the regular series.... doesn't really explain that.
Looks like most models now have optic cuts, mag funnel ready, different sights. For instance the SFx Mete has threaded barrel, magazine funnel, new sights, nickel plated internal parts, comes with one 18 and two 20 magazines. This is just off the top of my head, may be forgetting stuff. Semper Fi!
By ncjw
Since I don't believe that Canik has ever released a Mete version in the US, I think that they may be more geared towards the Euro LEO/military market.

Besides, it is usually at least a year between when something is announced in Turkey vs available here in the US (if ever).
By Sandpaper
ncjw wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:34 pm Since I don't believe that Canik has ever released a Mete version in the US, I think that they may be more geared towards the Euro LEO/military market.

Besides, it is usually at least a year between when something is announced in Turkey vs available here in the US (if ever).
The videos do mention that these are currently only available to euro law and mil.
By Janik
The METE has been around for awhile. Still not available in the U.S. of course. Don't know if we'll ever see them here. Would be nice though.
By Sandpaper
Was able to find this pic of the SF Mete-S.
Attachments
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg (78.66 KiB) Viewed 2371 times
By colonel00
Sandpaper wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:21 pm Was able to find this pic of the SF Mete-S.
Hmm, that photo doesn't appear to have the optics cut.

Edit: Nevermind, it's there I guess. Just hard to see aside from the bolt hole at the top.

By Janik
I have a feeling going forward, most, if not all Canik models will have an optic cut. Either they will modify the current design, or call it a Mod2 or something of that nature.
By zeda3000
Mete created according to Turkish Goverment Tender requirments. Canik produce over 100.000 Pistol from this series. In tender ever cent is important. Police forces doesnt need it Optic cut.
By Sandpaper
colonel00 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:26 pm
Sandpaper wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:21 pm Was able to find this pic of the SF Mete-S.
Hmm, that photo doesn't appear to have the optics cut.

Edit: Nevermind, it's there I guess. Just hard to see aside from the bolt hole at the top.

That is what I also look for to see if the cut is made or not.
By Sandpaper
Janik wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:34 pm I have a feeling going forward, most, if not all Canik models will have an optic cut. Either they will modify the current design, or call it a Mod2 or something of that nature.
I hope so (and that they come to the U.S. market). The SFx was my first dot ready pistol and I am smitten with the concept.
By Sandpaper
Here is a photo of the SFx Mete
Attachments
DoWHxpPXsAIZRng.jpg
DoWHxpPXsAIZRng.jpg (102.19 KiB) Viewed 2351 times
By Sandpaper
I really like that the new slide cut leaves the rear sight in place. This company listens to its customers.
By colonel00
Sandpaper wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:32 pm I really like that the new slide cut leaves the rear sight in place. This company listens to its customers.
Yeah but it only accommodates the micro RDS's (or whatever they're called) which severely limits your choices. And from what I have seen, you are looking at $400 for one versus the going rate for a decent reflex type sight of around $200 or less.
By Sandpaper
Nastyboysunra wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:17 am Is that sfx magwell ever gonna be available to buy separate
There are now magazine funnels for SF pistols. Taylor Freelance has an offering. I imagine there are others. As far as this one is concerned, only Selim knows.

Welcome aboard the forum.

As you know, this forum is and always will be free[…]

I've heard prices went up again with new year at A[…]

FWIW, I no longer believe a word that the FBI says[…]