CanIk/Century Arms at San Antonio... early report

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Bfgloki

CanIk/Century Arms at San Antonio... early report

Post by Bfgloki » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:43 pm

Well here is my take on the visit at Nardis Gun range west by Century Arms/CanIk:

I was there bright and early to get a little trigger time before the rep showed. Spent an hour tossing lead at paper with my T-100, SFx and my newest addition, a Springfield Armory 1911 Mil spec stainless ( purchased for so low it was like stealing). 10 o’clock rolled about and I went into the store portion expecting to see a nice big set up... nope. A table with the SFx, Combat Elite, Elite Exec, Elite SF one ( and the standard SF.( I think cause it was not ambi and longer grip)
The rep was cool to chat with. Used to work for CZ....and yes my first question was in regards to the Sub compact ( which he kept referring to as the 3” gun) He stayed it will be out by next SHOT show. By out he means already on sale. As expected the importation process has just slowed it down a little. I asked other questions: any plans for other caliber pistols... No. New models? 1911s by CanIk? No. Anything new coming? He pointed on the wall to a sweet carbine by Century Arms,which I promptly went and rented. Very very very sweet shooter. Help me out on the name gents who also came? Anyways, he gave me some booklets which I will look over tonight and will scan any interesting tidbits for follow up post. I had to leave way early due to unforeseen incident but really was not overly as exciting as I hoped. More could have happened later and I will save it for the other fantiks to share if so.
1 x

colonel00
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: CanIk/Century Arms at San Antonio... early report

Post by colonel00 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:58 pm

Did you happen to ask about the slide cut on the Sub Compact and if it would indeed only accommodate the smaller footprint RDS?
0 x

Bfgloki

Post by Bfgloki » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:46 pm

No I didn’t. I totally spaced that one out. I got side tracked with stupid pills
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:32 pm

Nice, what was the century carbine?
0 x

ncjw
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ncjw » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:40 am

Excellent feedback, thanks. Basically, give up on the sub for this year and spend the budget elsewhere.
0 x

Bfgloki

Post by Bfgloki » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:47 am

Well yes and no ... since SHOT show is in what January...and he assured me it would already on sale( at least that’s how I understood it)... I am thinking a November release maybe October for Christmas? So now I have to save, get my carbine, then save again for my sub and then rejoice my carry options are fulfilled
0 x

Drabbuh203

Post by Drabbuh203 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:55 pm

I was delayed in arriving until about noon. I had lunch at the food truck and went straight to the table. I guess the rep was burned out by then, he didn't really have much to say and when my wife (who is a shooter) asked him to explain the ECE to her and why it's better than the SA because she didn't know anything about the TP9 series specifically, he just shrugged and said "It's this one (pointing to the EC) but in a different color. That's about it." Needless to say, I had to take her into the range to have her feel the difference because he didn't explain anything. I posted a video of me shooting the EC to the FB page. ( I was showing my wife the difference between the SA and EC.
0 x