Canik TP9DA in FDE or Burnt Bronze??

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
smokee

Canik TP9DA in FDE or Burnt Bronze??

Post by smokee » Sun May 12, 2019 8:47 pm

Does the Canik TP9DA come in Flat Dark Earth or just Burnt Bronze? I ordered one that I thought RSR indicated was FDE but when I opened the box it was a cerakote Burnt Bronze frame and slide. Perhaps RSR had a misprint on their dealer website? The listing is gone now and they only show the black model.

I don't dislike the Burnt Bronze, it's just that I haven't had good experiences with cerakoted plastic frames. The finish wears off too fast. Slides seem to hold up much better and I'm guessing because the finish is oven cured.

This pistol does have an incredibly nice DA/SA trigger.

Thoughts?
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Re: Canik TP9DA in FDE or Burnt Bronze??

Post by Janik » Sun May 12, 2019 9:22 pm

Just burnt bronze and black for the DA. They must of had a misprint on their website.
0 x

qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by qballbandit » Sun May 12, 2019 9:59 pm

I love my burnt bronze DA! Just an endorsement for this color. Personally, a lot of the colors on guns these days makes them look too toy-like (like a plastic toy) for my taste. That burnt bronze just looks right to me.

Neil 8-)
0 x
"Train Smart, Train Often, And Train Safe"

C wordLover

Post by C wordLover » Mon May 13, 2019 4:44 am

I’ve got $350 just looking for a new home if you don’t like it
2 x

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Post by higgybaby » Mon May 13, 2019 7:08 am

+1 on what CwordLover said............. except I ain't got $350.
But what I do have is 2 black DA's....one is my home defense gun with boo-koo round through it, and the other has 315 round through it (without issue), cleaned up and put back in the box- sitting in the safe waiting til its needed.

If you live within driving distance of Mobile.....I'd be willing to strike up a deal?
The DA is definitely my fav Canik striker gun.....also love their hammer fired guns. I gots the C-100 also.
0 x

smokee

Post by smokee » Mon May 13, 2019 8:25 am

I'm not looking to sell this Canik. It is a wonderful pistol, very similar to the Walther P99 that I had 15 years or so ago. I was just soliciting information on the finishes available.

I recently purchased my first Canik, a TP9SFX in FDE and it has taken the place of my modded Gluck 34 for 3gun and combat shoots. By far the best competition pistol I have used to date. I will have a Gluck 34 for sale shortly, however. :lol:

Thanks for all the information on my newest Canik. I'm sure it wont be the last!
1 x