Few Questions about new TP9SF Elite One purchase.

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
FoVeS

Few Questions about new TP9SF Elite One purchase.

Post by FoVeS » Sat May 11, 2019 3:57 pm

Hey guys,

New to the forums here but kind of lingered around while trying to figure out whether or not I should get the Elite One as my first handgun versus other guns on the market
sub $400 (Springfield XD/XDM, M&P Compact 2.0, CZ P10C, etc.) and chose the Canik because it resembled the PPQ trigger the most and I'm quite stoked for $285 shipped the
quality of gun I'll be receiving. Just a few questions though:

- Do the new Elite Ones, and Elites in general come with Nickel internals? I heard that from Reddit somewhere and it's an updated description item for the Elites on their site.

- Do they new Ones also come with the lighter recoil spring or do we still have to call in for that? I bought Winchester 124gr NATO ammo anyways (1K) for me and my bro to break in since there is a rebate)

- Are the guns becoming cheaper because they are making new Elite ones? And what do you guys think the Sub Elites (subcompact) will retail for probably?

Can't wait to get my gun and shoot it at the range. Thanks for any suggestions!
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599

Re: Few Questions about new TP9SF Elite One purchase.

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sat May 11, 2019 4:16 pm

Welcome aboard the forum.

I'm an SFx guy so I'll leave the answers to the Elite owners. But, range reports are greatly appreciated.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

FoVeS

Post by FoVeS » Sat May 11, 2019 4:25 pm

Preciate it man.
Also, just to preface why I asked those questions.. I've done alot of searching through other forums, reddit and so on and could never get a direct answer in terms of the new internals or
the reduced spring shipping in stock guns. Even called Canik and they said that late 2018/early 2019 onwards Elite/Elite-S/Ones will come with the newer nickel internals and just to be on the
"safe-side" ended up purchasing the One because I wanted the newer internals guaranteed rather than not knowing when the gun online retailers received them.
1 x

oldfrank

Post by oldfrank » Sun May 12, 2019 10:38 am

I have an SFX with a Red Dot and just ordered a TP9SF Elite online.
Everything I have heard and read about this gun says it is as good out of the box as the SFX and that is saying a lot.

They are supposed to come with the newer internals but there was not much wrong with the old externals.
I went right to shooting lighter 124 reloads in my SFX and have not had a malfunction yet. I did eventually change the striker spring to a glock 6.5 and the galloway spring kit but recoil spring is still OEM. I just wanted a lighter trigger as this was not a carry gun.
0 x

nctrailboss

Post by nctrailboss » Sun May 12, 2019 3:54 pm

My 12/18 build SFX has the shiny internals.
0 x

FoVeS

Post by FoVeS » Sun May 12, 2019 5:25 pm

Damn.. somewhat regret getting the TP9SF Elite One.. because I probably would've gotten the new internals considering it seems most stores probably have them from what you're saying
and I would've gotten it in Tungsten.

Did it come with the lighter recoil spring, or do any of them for that matter?
0 x

colonel00

Post by colonel00 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:01 pm

You can always buy another :-BD
0 x

FoVeS

Post by FoVeS » Sun May 12, 2019 9:12 pm

True.. I'm thinking about almost cancelling the order since it hasn't shipped yet. Can pick up the Elite with 2 mags and Tungsten for $335 shipped vs the Elite One I got for $290 shipped. The only thing that really makes up the $45 difference is the color and if it has newer nickel internals or not..
0 x

colonel00

Post by colonel00 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:15 pm

0 x

Stateofstatic

Post by Stateofstatic » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:53 pm

Just picked up an elite one yesterday, can confirm nickel plated internals.
0 x

ncjw

Post by ncjw » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:57 pm

Stateofstatic wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:53 pm
I shall defer to the metallurgical experts here, does nickel plating really offer that much of an improvement?

i have nickel boron AR15 BCG's that are super slippery, but does nickel alone make a notable difference?
0 x

zeda3000

Post by zeda3000 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:02 am

ncjw wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:57 pm
Stateofstatic wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:53 pm
I shall defer to the metallurgical experts here, does nickel plating really offer that much of an improvement?

i have nickel boron AR15 BCG's that are super slippery, but does nickel alone make a notable difference?
In Canik Nikel doesnt use stand alone in internal parts. They are coating on steel. To coating Nikel need it Boron or phosphorus agent to complete the coating. This coating gives to this small parts about 45-58 HRC (Rockwell) similar steel hardness. Which is gives long term using option. Also Nikel very good resistance against the chemical we are using for pistols and our body wet.

Second advantage of Nikel is elongation. After rapid shooting with pistols , internal parts getting hot and melt. After several times getting hot and cold , and hot and again cold. Regular steel turn slowy like crispy and fragile. Only like Nikel or Chrome coating may resistance this kind high temp change.
0 x