Handled a Combat Executive today

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
User avatar
Bfgloki
Member
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:07 am

Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by Bfgloki » Thu May 09, 2019 9:12 pm

While I was molesting the Magnum Research 1911 I mentioned in my other post I also got to rub down the Combat Executive. It’s light. Really light. Compared to the combat elite and even my SFx.... trigger is ricockulous ( one step above ridiculous) but below redonkulous. I am now officially on the fence on which will adorn my grubby mitts next. I still believe my next CanIk will be the sub elite and will hopefully be my full time carry piece. My Tristar ( yes I am scheduling my photo shoot and production team for the LT style follow on ) is really nice and is the size of a Glock 19 so until the Sub elite arrives it will hold the fort down. My Security 9 has full truck duties and will stay there I think given price point, accuracy, etc.
Any one else man handle the Executive yet?
3 x

User avatar
jgillaspy
Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:24 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by jgillaspy » Thu May 09, 2019 9:18 pm

OK, now where in SATX are you finding the Caniks? Please share...
0 x

colonel00
Member
Posts: 191
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by colonel00 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:22 pm

Where did you see it? Local shop?

When you say it's light, are you saying it's noticeably lighter than the Elite Combat? That just struck me as odd because I was under the impression that they are more or less the same aside from color and barrel twist. I wasn't aware of any changes that would make it noticeably lighter and CA actually lists them as the same weight. Other models come in roughly 2-3oz heavier I believe.

Also, no photos :-??
1 x

User avatar
Bfgloki
Member
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:07 am

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by Bfgloki » Thu May 09, 2019 9:37 pm

Nardis gun club Alamo ranch. And yes it’s super light. Polymer frame Glock light. It’s noticable IMO.
0 x

User avatar
LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Posts: 1440
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:17 am
Founding Member #: 7599
Location: Louisiana

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Fri May 10, 2019 3:21 am

Bfgloki wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:12 pm
yes I am scheduling my photo shoot and production team for the LT style follow on
Glad I could blase the trail.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Image ImageImage

User avatar
GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Posts: 1198
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:47 pm
Founding Member #: 011
Location: MA

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by GlennSFX » Fri May 10, 2019 5:04 am

colonel00 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:22 pm
Where did you see it? Local shop?

When you say it's light, are you saying it's noticeably lighter than the Elite Combat? That just struck me as odd because I was under the impression that they are more or less the same aside from color and barrel twist. I wasn't aware of any changes that would make it noticeably lighter and CA actually lists them as the same weight. Other models come in roughly 2-3oz heavier I believe.

Also, no photos :-??
:-? ...I also thought it was the same gun as the CE, just a different color scheme.
0 x

User avatar
GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Posts: 1198
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:47 pm
Founding Member #: 011
Location: MA

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by GlennSFX » Fri May 10, 2019 5:06 am

Bfgloki wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:37 pm
Nardis gun club Alamo ranch. And yes it’s super light. Polymer frame Glock light. It’s noticable IMO.
:-? ...The CE is a poly gun. Did you compare them side by side at the same time???
I think we need to get a "scale" involved! :-D
0 x

User avatar
Bfgloki
Member
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:07 am

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by Bfgloki » Fri May 10, 2019 5:53 am

I will be there all day Saturday in a class so I will see if the fine folks will let me take some gun porn pics. Would it be weird if I brought in lights and a scale that looked like a small bed?
0 x

User avatar
Bfgloki
Member
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:07 am

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by Bfgloki » Fri May 10, 2019 5:53 am

And some lube....cause all guns need lube
0 x

User avatar
runeight
Member
Posts: 1065
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:00 pm
Founding Member #: 198
Location: Southwest Desert

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by runeight » Fri May 10, 2019 6:37 am

Bfgloki wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:53 am
I will be there all day Saturday in a class so I will see if the fine folks will let me take some gun porn pics. Would it be weird if I brought in lights and a scale that looked like a small bed?

As long as you clean the white residue on the scale.
0 x
We are in a civil war..
..we just haven’t brought out the guns.

ncjw
Member
Posts: 679
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by ncjw » Fri May 10, 2019 6:49 am

According to Canik's specs, the Exec is 2.5 ozs lighter than the Elite. Doesn't sound like much, but that's almost 10 percent.
0 x

User avatar
runeight
Member
Posts: 1065
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:00 pm
Founding Member #: 198
Location: Southwest Desert

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by runeight » Fri May 10, 2019 6:56 am

ncjw wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:49 am
According to Canik's specs, the Exec is 2.5 ozs lighter than the Elite. Doesn't sound like much, but that's almost 10 percent.
Quite a bit on the hip.
0 x
We are in a civil war..
..we just haven’t brought out the guns.

EmC_BRD
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 1:03 pm

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by EmC_BRD » Fri May 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Hey guys, long time lurker and, as of today Canik owner and enthusiast.

I've seen quite a few TP9s come through work the past few years. I've always loved the trigger and the price, but my preference for hammers on pistols always kept the Caniks out of my safe. I had been on the fence about the Elite Combat for at least a couple months, with the LH thread pitch being a deal killer for me.

Needless to say, when I saw the Executive pop up in my LGS ad, I knew I had to have it. At first I didn't dig the blinged up barrel, but it really has grown on me.

I picked it up earlier today and all I can say is wow. Worth every penny. The guy ringing me up couldn't believe how nice it was for the money either.

Only had time for a quick pic before I got back to work, but it does only come with 1 optic plate, which is for the Trijicon RMR. Kind of a bummer, as I have an extra Vortex I planned on using, but such is life. The pistol with extended mag does come in at 29.4 ounces.

If there are any questions I'll do my best to answer.

Range report to come on Wednesday!

Image
0 x

User avatar
Bfgloki
Member
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:07 am

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by Bfgloki » Fri May 10, 2019 2:55 pm

There you go...EmC has the actually skinny. My hands are not calibrated to the nearest ounce but again it just felt way different in my hands then the Combat Elite. I am going to guess she shoots like we would expect it to shoot?
0 x

colonel00
Member
Posts: 191
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 am
Location: Kansas City Area

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by colonel00 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:03 pm

EmC_BRD wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:45 pm
Hey guys, long time lurker and, as of today Canik owner and enthusiast.

I've seen quite a few TP9s come through work the past few years. I've always loved the trigger and the price, but my preference for hammers on pistols always kept the Caniks out of my safe. I had been on the fence about the Elite Combat for at least a couple months, with the LH thread pitch being a deal killer for me.

Needless to say, when I saw the Executive pop up in my LGS ad, I knew I had to have it. At first I didn't dig the blinged up barrel, but it really has grown on me.

I picked it up earlier today and all I can say is wow. Worth every penny. The guy ringing me up couldn't believe how nice it was for the money either.

Only had time for a quick pic before I got back to work, but it does only come with 1 optic plate, which is for the Trijicon RMR. Kind of a bummer, as I have an extra Vortex I planned on using, but such is life. The pistol with extended mag does come in at 29.4 ounces.

If there are any questions I'll do my best to answer.

Range report to come on Wednesday!

Image
Very nice. Care to share your location, LGS and price? Always a good reference for the rest of us.
0 x

EmC_BRD
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 1:03 pm

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by EmC_BRD » Fri May 10, 2019 8:15 pm

colonel00 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:03 pm
Very nice. Care to share your location, LGS and price? Always a good reference for the rest of us.
Picked it up from Grabagun, about 700 after taxes. Should be a pretty good price for anyone out of state with cheap FFL transfers. I believe they ship for $7 or so.
1 x

User avatar
runeight
Member
Posts: 1065
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:00 pm
Founding Member #: 198
Location: Southwest Desert

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by runeight » Fri May 10, 2019 9:09 pm

I believe guns Midwest to Anthony’s had them for $650.
0 x
We are in a civil war..
..we just haven’t brought out the guns.

EmC_BRD
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 1:03 pm

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by EmC_BRD » Fri May 10, 2019 10:35 pm

OK so I've got a rookie problem I'm hoping ya'll can help me with.

I pulled my Trijicon RMR off another pistol and got the mounting plate installed no problem, however I'm confused about mounting the optic to the plate. The manual says to only use screws provided with the pistol, however the 2 extras included (which look exactly like the plate screws) do not want to thread into the optics plate, and I'm hesitant to force them. The other 2 screws which look the same but are different lengths also wont fit. I even tried using my screws from the previous pistol, but they are too short.

I'd appreciate any help guys, as a personal rule I try not to break anything until after the first range trip. Thanks!
0 x

EmC_BRD
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 1:03 pm

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by EmC_BRD » Tue May 14, 2019 9:48 pm

Just an update to my screw situation, after a trip to the hardware store and eyeballing the thread pitch of my optics plate, I ended up using 6-32 screws, which threaded in easier than either of the other options. I've got a set of torx screws in the mail that will look better, but I'll get pics of the plate when I have the optic back off. The threads are obviously too coarse to be M3, it looks closer to the pitch of the charging handle.

First range trip is tomorrow, will update with thoughts and experiences.
1 x

User avatar
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Posts: 969
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Founding Member #: 007
Location: Texas

Re: Handled a Combat Executive today

Post by TL1000RSquid » Wed May 15, 2019 12:25 am

I dont have any of the rmr cut caniks but i do recall reading here or facebook group about people having to buy the right size screws seperate.
0 x

Post Reply