Nils Jonasson and Canik/Century

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Nils Jonasson and Canik/Century

Post by Janik » Thu May 02, 2019 7:46 pm

What do you all think about Nils Jonasson shooting for Canik/Century Arms now? He has a heck of a track record and is one of the top ranked competitors. If you ever watched him compete, it's pretty amazing. If you're not familiar with him, head over to Youtube and check out some of his videos.

Me personally, I think it's huge for Canik. Having a top competitor shooting with the SFx in my opinion is going to bring a lot of attention to the Canik brand. Let's hope that happens, as I'd like to see more and more people become educated about the Canik brand.
Nils Jonason.jpg
Nils Jonason.jpg (299.02 KiB) Viewed 571 times
0 x

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Re: Nils Jonasson and Canik/Century

Post by Badgerboy » Thu May 02, 2019 8:14 pm

Yeah, it's good to have name recognition and a following to expose people to a brand, although I fill out the shirt more fully than him. Especially the lower part above the belt buckle. But I guess Nils can't be perfect.
1 x
If Progress means 'to move forward'...what does Congress mean?

steveo

Post by steveo » Thu May 02, 2019 10:00 pm

The best thing about this for us Canik shooters is, if he does well, and I'm sure he will, it will increase the aftermarket support!! Can't wait for him to start winning. Go Nils!!!
0 x

Bfgloki

Post by Bfgloki » Fri May 03, 2019 4:08 am

The flip side to winning...price increases
0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 011

Post by GlennSFX » Fri May 03, 2019 5:36 am

Hopefully this will bring some competition driven improvements to the SFx!!!

I think some ergo improvements to the frame could be one of them!
A nice "Trigger Undercut" would be nice...

Remove a little material from the rear tange area to get your hand up a little higher.
AND...maybe incorporate @Weapon 's "weighted grip"!
Do something similiar to the SIG X5.

Redesign the "Optics Mount" using a much thinner mounting plate to lower the optic on the slide!!!
0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Fri May 03, 2019 5:39 am

Bfgloki wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:08 am
The flip side to winning...price increases
If they incorporate improvements to the gun...I'd be willing to pay a little more for that!
As long as it's not increases to pay for "sponsored shooters" just for name recognition!!!!!!
0 x

Weapon
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 005

Post by Weapon » Mon May 06, 2019 1:43 pm

If they wanted to change the trigger guard undercut that’s easy - make it like the one on the SAR9. It’s one of the best factory jobs I have seen.
3 x

C wordLover

Post by C wordLover » Tue May 07, 2019 7:02 pm

Do you think it makes it easier to shoot when your eyes are that close together?
0 x

ncjw

Post by ncjw » Wed May 08, 2019 5:55 pm

Good idea, talking smack to a guy who can put 20 rounds into your nose at 25 yds in 5 seconds....
3 x

C wordLover

Post by C wordLover » Thu May 09, 2019 6:57 pm

It is an honest question, there are studies being done about eye distance. For example, for those of us that are married, measure your eye distance to your spouse. Apparently people are attracted to people with the same eye distance. My question was asking if closer eye distance or wider eye distance allows for greater depth perception.
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Thu May 09, 2019 8:14 pm

C wordLover wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:57 pm
It is an honest question, there are studies being done about eye distance. For example, for those of us that are married, measure your eye distance to your spouse. Apparently people are attracted to people with the same eye distance. My question was asking if closer eye distance or wider eye distance allows for greater depth perception.
Hmm, that would be an interesting study. But I can say for certainty, that my wife and I do not have the same eye distance. Hers are definitely wider than mine. And, even though I spend a lot more time at the range than her, she is pretty darn accurate. If she would put a little more effort into it, I'm sure she would out shoot me. Not that I'm much of a marksman, I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys the sport. But, she does very well as a novice. Now you have me looking at photos of competitors and checking their eye distance, lol.
0 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Thu May 09, 2019 8:42 pm

C wordLover wrote:
:-? I'll probably need a protractor to measure hers...All I know is she must have "eyes behind her head"...I can't sneak anything past her!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
2 x

qballbandit
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by qballbandit » Thu May 09, 2019 9:14 pm

"I'll probably need a protractor to measure hers...All I know is she must have "eyes behind her head"...I can't sneak anything past her!!!!"

Oh Glenn, truer words have NEVER been spoken! LMAO.

Neil 8-)
0 x
"Train Smart, Train Often, And Train Safe"

NWCanik

Post by NWCanik » Fri May 10, 2019 1:05 pm

C wordLover wrote:
last time i met him he was seeing Jessica Neitzel. you can look her up online and take a look
0 x