removing threade barrel

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Post Reply
inletguy
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:17 pm

removing threade barrel

Post by inletguy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:18 pm

Got elite combat today - can't remove the thread.....yes, a screwing with wrench clockwise, and it won't move-Help
0 x

User avatar
runeight
Member
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:00 pm
Founding Member #: 198
Location: Southwest Desert

Re: removing threade barrel

Post by runeight » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:20 pm

inletguy wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:18 pm
Got elite combat today - can't remove the thread.....yes, a screwing with wrench clockwise, and it won't move-Help
Try the other way.
0 x
We are in a civil war..
..we just haven’t brought out the guns.

User avatar
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Posts: 1019
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Founding Member #: 007
Location: Texas

Re: removing threade barrel

Post by TL1000RSquid » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:19 pm

EC is reverse threaded no? so hes doing it the right way. Do they put thread locker on it? perhaps some heat will help.
0 x

User avatar
runeight
Member
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:00 pm
Founding Member #: 198
Location: Southwest Desert

Re: removing threade barrel

Post by runeight » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:29 pm

TL1000RSquid wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:19 pm
EC is reverse threaded no? so hes doing it the right way. Do they put thread locker on it? perhaps some heat will help.
Worth a try.
0 x
We are in a civil war..
..we just haven’t brought out the guns.

inletguy
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Re: removing threade barrel

Post by inletguy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:41 pm

My neighbor, who has the strongest hands I know of finally got it after almost giving up. Finished stripping, cleaning, lubing....will shoot tomorrow
0 x

User avatar
GlennSFX
Global Moderator
Posts: 1198
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:47 pm
Founding Member #: 011
Location: MA

Re: removing threade barrel

Post by GlennSFX » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:50 pm

inletguy wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:41 pm
My neighbor, who has the strongest hands I know of finally got it after almost giving up. Finished stripping, cleaning, lubing....will shoot tomorrow
:-? ...mine came off fairly easy. Doesn't need to be overly tight, just snug.
0 x

User avatar
TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Posts: 1019
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm
Founding Member #: 007
Location: Texas

Re: removing threade barrel

Post by TL1000RSquid » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:54 pm

GlennSFX wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:50 pm
inletguy wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:41 pm
My neighbor, who has the strongest hands I know of finally got it after almost giving up. Finished stripping, cleaning, lubing....will shoot tomorrow
:-? ...mine came off fairly easy. Doesn't need to be overly tight, just snug.
Sometimes they like to torque the crap out of stuff at the factories. I had problems with the thread adapter on my m&p, checked online to make sure it wasnt reverse threaded and found out alot of people had trouble to the point of several reported breaking the included barrel wrench trying to get it loose.
0 x

Northwoodz
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:46 am

Re: removing threade barrel

Post by Northwoodz » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:44 am

Got mine this week....first thing I did was remove the tread protector and strip it. Was a non issue...came right off
0 x

jnichols2
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:13 pm
Location: Near Austin, Texas

Re: removing threade barrel

Post by jnichols2 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:57 am

I had to muscle mine off the first time.

But I'm 71 with arthritis in both thumbs, so it probably wasn't all that tight. :)
1 x

Post Reply